Mohawk Industries

Updated August 15, 2014

3.3

Mohawk Industries Chairman, President, and CEO Jeffrey S. Lorberbaum
Jeffrey S. Lorberbaum

Pros
  • Good Benefits, good people, innovative technology (in 3 reviews)

• Great people and great products (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management needs to interact with employees more to know what's going on (in 6 reviews)

• Mediocre benefits and pay, nepotism is rampant, long commute if you live in Atlanta (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Seniority will get you fired

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dalton, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA

Pros

You get to look for a new job if you are over 50.

Cons

Mohawk will destroy your life if you believe you can work til retirement. It appears from the last round of layoffs that old people are the first to go. Salaried personnel jobs are expendable without cause, except to make room for young college kids who work for peanuts and non existent health benefits. If you make it into your 50s you better start looking for another job.

Advice? They already know how to pile up cash, isn't that all that matters?

operator in Glasgow, Virginia

Pros

It's a job an that is about it......it pays the bills

Cons

Pay isn't all that great considering the cost of living in this day an time.

The insurance sucks, deductible is to high, all of the doctors are out of town, so that means you have to drive an hour or more to just go see one. If you leave early to go to the doctor and return to work, low an behold your in trouble, Mohawk counts it against you. If you leave early for a doctors appointment an don't return to work guess what it counts against you. Either way you go, you get in trouble. But what Mohawk doesn't understand with the insurance they gave their employee's you have to go out of town for doctor appointments. An most doctor offices close at 5 o'clock. If an employee has to drive an hour or more they have to leave work early just to get to the appointment. So the choice is the employee's go to the doctor, get in trouble for leaving early an take a chance you might, an I did say might lose your job. I feel sorry for employee's whom have a lot of heath issues or family members that do.

There is no handbook for Mohawk employee's so that means they can "change the rules" to tailor to the company. How does Mohawk expect their employee's to keep up with all the rule changes without a handbook?

You better step up to the plate an listen to your employee's more and not hear just what you want to hear. I will tell you what I hear everyday, that you take, take, take from your employee's and change, change, change everything but you don't give nothing back in return and you turn a blind eye to some big problems. Your employee's don't say to much for fear of losing their jobs.

Rewarding in experience

Pros

Experience, travel, freedom, competitive compensation

Cons

Depends on the territory you receive

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Systems Specialist

Former Employee - Systems Specialist  in  Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Systems Specialist in Marietta, GA

Pros

Lots of opportunities to work on. Developer is responsible for own app. Thus a good place to work.

Cons

To many meeting in Dalton and Calhoun, so commute is an issue. Some processes and development best practices should be in place.

Should implement Web conferencing to reduce the number of hours spend in travelling to Dalton and Calhoun. Increase the number of holidays for IT Staff.

Okay

Pros

Great place to get started or join from the outside

Cons

They do not promote from within. Lots of turnover

Mohawk Industries

Current Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Flower Mound, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Flower Mound, TX

Pros

Competitive compensation/benefits, sustainability; good mix of product availability to fit every market

Cons

Confusing communication with corporate offices regarding policies/procedures; some departments have unsatisfactory follow up

Listen to your employees. Some concerns or ideas are valid and will be bring positive change to the department.

Most unprofessional HR Staff ever

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dalton, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA

Pros

After 2 years with the company, I can't find any. I know quite a few people ACTIVELY looking for other jobs, including myself.

Cons

The HR staff are the most unprofessional I've ever come across, they don't bother to return calls or emails when you are trying to find out information from them. When they know the information you are looking for is not their responsibility, they are quick to give you someone else's name in HR, who of course would never get back to you. They talk about retention but when you approach them about looking into other areas within the company, they don't want to talk to you. They would rather hire from outside than give internal candidates a chance to interview for internal job postings!

This is 2013, you should allow your employees the flexibility of working from home especially when you gave them laptops! You expect your employees to do their best and keep up with current trends when you refuse to invest in their education and getting necessary certifications? You need to start paying attention to your HR staff, they are a major reason why you keep losing good employees, mandate them to at least talk to internal candidates who apply for jobs instead of just ignoring their application.

Operator

Current Employee - Operator  in  Glasgow, VA
    Current Employee - Operator in Glasgow, VA

Pros

Ok pay for the area

Cons

Took the job last year because the benifits was good . Left a good paying job cause the insurance got to expensive . Doing my interview hr showed me the benifit package. Way cheaper than other job . So I could afford to take a cut in pay . Now 5 months down the road they give us the worst insurance I have ever seen . I have a family that needed good benefits as my husband and sons medication is over 3000 month without a prescription card . Now this insurance wont cover my families heath issues. How can a company live with themselves for doing this to there employees . Shame on mohawk . Im am job searching now in order to provide good insurance for them . We are a middle class family trying to get by . Unable to receive goverment help . Thanks for ruining my life m

Take a look at the inpact you are putting your employees through ,do to being cheap . Keep hiring the non citizens and watch your company fall . Which I prey it does . How can upper management sleep at night ??? I know I cant cause iam wonder month to month how to pay for my families medication and calling the doctors to cancell appointment because who can meet a 3200 deductible . May god have mercy on you.

If you want good benefits, looks elsewhere

Pros

Pay is decent. Training and education benefits are excellent.

Cons

Medical benefits are now virtually non-existent, yet the upper management are doing very, very well for themselves. No loyalty from the company towards its employees. Very little room for advancement, unless you do a lot of ass-kissing.

Stop being greedy and take care of your employees. Taking away our medical benefits is not only unethical, but it's a very poor management decision, as productivity is bound to decrease as your workers become less healthy.

If you are a minority don't bother

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Flexibility with work life balance

Cons

Health Insureance, not that great. There is absolutely not diversity. No people of color in management except the CIO who they just hired recently. Few women in management.

Diversity is a good thing. Train your managers to hire a good mix of qualified people from minority groups.

Worked for Mohawk Industries? Contribute to the Community!