Mohr Partners

Mohr Partners Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert A. Mohr

Expect to be poor for awhile

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible work schedule and nice co-workers.

ConsUpper management doesn't provide a lot of tools for success. It takes at least a year to make any money on commission.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic at time of hire about how long it takes to make money

A good company

ProsGreat People and work environment

Consfew problems and little downside

Associate Broker

Associate Broker (Former Employee)

ProsNone. I warn any corporate company currently using Mohr Partners for your Real Estate needs to switch providers.

ConsMohr Partners is not a professional real estate firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. I warn any corporate company currently using Mohr Partners for your Real Estate needs to switch providers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Burning and churning

Associate Broker (Former Employee)

Pros- Opportunity to learn on your own
    - There are some good people there fighting to make it a good place

Cons- Family-run company = you're either in the clique or you're out. If you're out, you will be treated with little respect. This is a small shop that does not operate like a professional business.
    - Disappointing compensation opportunity - brokers pay associates next to nothing, will get squeezed out of deals
    - Lack of career development - My growth path was dissolved once I started working there, and hopes to grow were tabled for multiple years.
    - Questionable techniques for getting business
    - Burn and Churn: people jumping ship left and right

Not a good place...there are too many amazing companies...you owe yourself more.

Administrative (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Pros- Recently company went over and changed the PTO- they offer 10 Holidays paid (Use to be 8) and 3 weeks PTO after completion of your 1st year (Use to be 2 weeks until the end of your 5th year)...really nice associates to work with.

Cons- Not a good place to work AT ALL, went downhill while I was there

- People are NOT happy at this company, very low morale

- Management is not educated in how to run a company

- Chairman is a money chaser and will pull the rug out from underneath you if it means him getting one more dollar (Family ran company)

- There is not a work / personal life balance

- Compensation is not fair to the amount of responsibilities that are put on people (people are over loaded with work to say the least because money to hire more support will take away from how much money is left in the company at the end of the day)

- Because the company revised the PTO time they are under the impression you owe them

- Management is not truthful and will not take care of negative situations

- When letting go of someone there is no respect during the process, HR is very rude and not professional, people who have worked hard for years have no job security, I saw 3 people have no idea that their job was in danger which was management positions and they were let go without warning; if you leave voluntarily management take it as a personal attack and will treat you differently for the rest of you stay there

- It does not matter if you stay an hour late every day, you better be there 5 minutes early the next business day – you DO NOT make your own schedule here if you are an employee, there is “FLEX SCHEDULE” which to Mohr means you pick either 8-5, 8:30-5:30 or 9-6 and that is your work schedule until you notify management to change it for whatever reason.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is a lost cause....only suggestion is to take responsibility, change your actions so you you don't keep making the same mistakes. Replace some of the management before you lose the company...however since it is a family owned company I don't see this taking place.

Brokerage Internship

Intern (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Pros-Fun People
    -Entrepreneurial Environment
    -Make Your Own Hours

Cons-Low Base Salary
    -Little Change In Job Responsibilities
    -Sink Or Swim Mentality

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer a better base salary for new brokers. 25K is hard to live off while you are trying to build your contacts.

Not a good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome of the Brokers are fun to work with.

ConsManagment does not run company well.

People are leaving left and right
    -4 people quit while I worked there for less than a year.

Chairman will screw over his own team for an extra dollar

Sink or Swim

No money.

Splits are 50/50 and the 50% going to the company is not used to hire more salaried people. It goes into paying Bob Mohr's lifestyle.

Be prepared to not make any money for a while

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsThe other colleagues are nice. Will get good experience.

ConsWon't likely make any money for a very long time.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more formalized training and support for Account Executives and be realistic in the amount of time it takes to succeed in the position.

Worked for Mohr Partners? Contribute to the Community!