Molex Reviews

Updated September 16, 2014
3.2

Molex Vice Chairman and CEO Martin P. Slark
Martin P. Slark

Pros
  • Good benefits, great opportunities for early in career (in 5 reviews)

• Well work-life balance, traveling lots (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No one here has been unprofessional (in 3 reviews)

• internal politics, poor incentives program, cost of living adjustments not to par (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

A little off-balance lately.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lisle, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

I have been working at Molex full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Molex has been a good place to work for many years. It's a place where hard work has always been expected and, usually, rewarded. Rewards used to come in the form of bonuses and stock options, which were very generous back in the day. Molex management always understood the real reason people get up and come to work every day. They need to feed their families and pay their bills.

Cons

Recently, Molex was acquired by Koch Industries. Koch has a very practical management philosophy (i. e. Market Based Management) which includes some thoughtful guiding principles, but many of them are very new to Molex. As a result, Molex management has appeared to be off-balance and extremely cautious in implementing this new way of doing business. You can tell that many of them want to do it correctly, but it is obvious that they are just not quite sure how to go about it.

Embrace and fully implement MBM as soon as possible. Your employees are counting on you.

I learned a lot in the first 5 years, not much after that

Former Employee - Test Engineer  in  Lisle, IL
    Former Employee - Test Engineer in Lisle, IL

I worked at Molex full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Stability. Some knowledge areas can be learned by brand new grads

Cons

Management was very old-fashioned and there was no room for advancement. From my experience the general attitude was "break the employee down and don't bother building them back up again"

Work better to help individuals who work hard to be acknowledged and appreciated for the hard work they do.

An excellent company to have worked for during the 90s and 2000s. Great reputation in their core markets.

Former Employee - Director  in  Lisle, IL
    Former Employee - Director in Lisle, IL

I worked at Molex full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Opportunity to network with business associates throughout the world.
    Opportunity to work in different business units.
    Working for the Krehbiels.

Cons

Senior management change that took place the mid 2000s after the resignation of the CEO and CFO just didn't work.

Hopefully for those who remain, Koch Industries will move the company forward and back to its number 2 ranking in the global connector market. Movement of Koch Industries operating and HQ managers into key Molex functions may help in this endeavour.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great group of people; very siloed and conservative.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lisle, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

I have been working at Molex full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

People are very friendly and nice. Senior management and CEO are honest and approachable. Can coast in same role for quite awhile if that is your thing. Campus is very open. Fully staffed gym on campus.

Cons

Has become a "good ole boys (and ladies) club" within the middle management ranks. Many managers offer little in productivity but just have been there forever. Little advancement outside of lateral moves. Career Growth focused mainly if working in the Sales divisions and/or willing to move overseas. Structured Review system seemingly varies from manager to manager. Some positions went from salary to hourly, hurting morale (though hours were not cut).

Use fresh eyes from Koch acquisition to review stale departments. Do not change the CEO or COO.

Intensive Engineering and Statistics Exposure

Current Employee - Design Engineer I  in  Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Design Engineer I in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Molex full-time for more than a year

Pros

Intensive and great experience. Lots of discussion between team members, and lots of exchange of innovative design ideas. Perform a lot of statistical methods on test data and great learning curve.

Cons

Very little time off, a lot of older workers who work really short time. Need to deal with lots of difficult people. Need to be patient with a lot of the long systems.

Great job so far. Keep doing the great work. Focus on talents and human resources, which will elevate the company to greater heights

First Rate

Former Employee - Advance Product Quality Engineer  in  Lisle, IL
    Former Employee - Advance Product Quality Engineer in Lisle, IL

I worked at Molex full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Projects are resourced for success and staff are professional, availability of in-house technology.

Cons

Tough market to sell, small % per unit.

Better top-down grasp of manufacturing realities. Better Board.

Great Work Enviornment

Former Employee - IT Administrative  in  Lisle, IL
    Former Employee - IT Administrative in Lisle, IL

I worked at Molex full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very open minded company to work for. Great Benefits package, very health aware company. Many programs for employees. Great employee recognition.

Cons

No work from home opportunities.

Keep up the great work

Very bad experience to date... "I made more money then this 20 years ago"

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineering  in  Maumelle, AR
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineering in Maumelle, AR

I worked at Molex as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

SOME really good people to work with.

Cons

1. Very low pay.
    2. Too many young non-talented engineers giving orders.
    3. No opportunity for the non-degree employee.
    4. Unprofessional environment.

The list goes on and on...

Get a clue. There is a lot of super talented, skilled people right under your nose that were never given an opportunity.

Good place for a while, send everything out of country because it's cheaper.

Former Employee - QA Inspector
    Former Employee - QA Inspector

I worked at Molex full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Decent benefits, nice people.

Cons

Forced to work 60+ hours a week, management has no sympathy for home life or over worked stressed out employees. Lost countless technical employees with years of product knowledge due to hostile poisonous work environment.
    Attitude of sales over quality, if it's wrong, ship it, we need the dollars.
    Quality issues are rampant with no regard for correctly fixing the source of defects.

Overworked employees make more mistakes. More time correcting mistakes is less time doing job. When someone leaves job don't have another employee take up 2 or 3 people's duties and expect good work.

An experience of hitting the pavement running as an en engineer new to the flexible circuit industry...

I worked at Molex

Pros

It was a good business. I enjoyed working on flexible circuits. I got the impossible done: setting up a production line from scratch and getting it qualified within 6 months. The equipment I was allowed to purchase was second hand equipment that needed a lot of maintenance.

Cons

Bad management. My manager was fired within a month of my working there due to the plant manager not liking my manager. It was an unprofessional environment. Women engineers were very much in the environment. Attention wasn't given to the proper time frame to get a project done. It was a reactionary mode...

Choose a plant manager with proper experience.

Worked for Molex? Contribute to the Community!