Molina Healthcare

Molina Healthcare Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Molina Healthcare Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, Molina Healthcare of California J. Mario Molina

J. Mario Molina

Pros
  • Pay is decent and benefits aren't bad(in 8 reviews)

• job security, average pay package, good benefits, just like working in DMV or public sector company(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Promises are made for advancement and not kept by upper management(in 10 reviews)

• Mid- and senior management are complete morons(in 8 reviews)

Dissatisfied, they don't care about their employees

Project Manager (Former Employee) Augusta, ME

ProsOffer good benefits. Do offer training and promote from within. If you conform to 'their' way, you can go far.

ConsLeadership is ineffective. There is blatant discrimination throughout the company. The morale of Maine employees is at an all time low, rather than trying to improve it, they just ignore it. Good employees are leaving. HR representation is a joke. Molina does not care about its employees, their only focus is on money. They literally drove me out with a bully boss and created a hostile environment for everyone in my department.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time listening to your employees and follow through with their complaints.

Review

Quality Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGood Healthcare company to work for

ConsNot into remote workers, genaerally

The BEST Company I have ever worked for

Provider Research & Resolution Representative II (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsMolina is truly a family oriented company, and they make each employee feel special. I have great a great benefit package and compensation.

ConsNo work at home opportunities in my department

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great and very flexible. I am not just saying these things because I have worked at two other Insurance companies, and I have NEVER enjoyed my employment like I do here at Molina.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Proceed with caution

ProsCo-workers and middle management care about the quality of the work - their own and the mission of the company.

ConsCorporate is out of touch with the state health plans. Genuine and compentent executives are few and far between. Decisions are made based on personal agendas and nepotism rather than on sound business.

Molina could be much better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsSalary was comparable. Good co-workers.

ConsLeadership is no longer effective. There is blatant discrimination throughout the company. The morale of employees is at an all time low, rather than trying to improve it, they just ignore it. Good employees are leaving. HR representation is a joke. Molina does not care about its employees, their only focus is on money.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership should listen to their staff.

Molina is a good place to learn

Intern (Current Employee) Bothell, WA

ProsInnovative and adaptive, the company is definitely growing as many companies are during medicare expansion. We have one of the largest provider networks in Washington which makes dealing with prospective providers easier. The work we do is rewarding.

ConsSome managers and bosses do not interact with their employees well. Communication is a two way street and everybody should allow transparency when possible.

A lot of change, all at once

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Trenton, NJ

ProsA lot of growth in the company. A lot of opportunity in the industry. Growth opportunity for those with the right skills. Good benefits.

ConsA lot of growing pains. Issues with management not being ready for all of the change. Maybe a bit too much for them to handle.

Project Coordinator

ProsGreat opportunities to learn from others

ConsNeed more competent people who knows what they are doing

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter structure and organization

Provider Service Rep II

Provider Service Representative Level II (Former Employee)

ProsStarted out as a good place to work. Soon turned into a company that lacks leadership and does not care enough about developing its employees. If your a self starter who just wants a job - then by all means apply. But if you want to make a difference and your caring - run!!!

ConsMicro-management, favoritism always shown, unexpected changes constantly, unrealistic deadlines, no potential for growth, no flexibility with hours. Should you not be in the clique you'll have problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementVery poor management. They keep bad employees and fire the good ones. If you you're not a yes man, don't work there!

Member Services Rep

Member Services Representative (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI loved working there at Molina

Conspay was ok, worked in a call center in Houston. It was not as stressful as the average call center.

Worked for Molina Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!