Molina Healthcare Reviews in Long Beach, CA

Updated August 1, 2014
Updated August 1, 2014

2.7

Molina Healthcare Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, Molina Healthcare of California J. Mario Molina
J. Mario Molina

Pros
  • Pay is decent and benefits aren't bad (in 8 reviews)

• job security, average pay package, good benefits, just like working in DMV or public sector company (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Promises are made for advancement and not kept by upper management (in 10 reviews)

• Mid- and senior management are complete morons (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

46 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Molina Healthcare

Current Employee - Community Outreach  in  Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Community Outreach in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Molina Healthcare part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Company to work in

Cons

No Cons associated with this job opportunity

Hardwork is key

Claims Adjudicator

Current Employee - Claims Examiner  in  Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Claims Examiner in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Patience, persistent and Investigative, Growing, and Accepting

Cons

Hesitant, naive and unassuming, Old Fashion, Unbending

Be Open

Do NOT Work For This Employer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked for this employer in two locations: Washington and California. I can't say enough good things about the WASHINGTON locations. I felt valued and respected as a team member and I felt the management was really trying to better the culture of the company and respect their employees.

Cons

However, the experience I had working for this company in CALIFORNIA was the exact opposite. The corporate culture was oppressive and inflexible. I was illegally fired when I was 7 months pregnant after over a year of being shifted around to various positions that were well below my skill level because the company couldn't get it together enough to finally start the position I was transferred to this location for. I was repeatedly treated like I was an inexperienced and low-level employee, despite having education and experience higher than many of the management staff. I feel that this company, in general, does NOT respect its employees and I would not at all suggest that anybody take a job here if you want to feel like you're a valued member of a team.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Molina Healthcare as an intern for more than a year

Pros

I have worked here as an intern for one year and I love it. The culture is amazing and management is very helpful and a lot of fun to work with.

Cons

They don't have a big budget for certain projects.

Keep up the good work!

Member Services, Esclation, Provider Services Terrible Service to Molina Members

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor  in  Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ok Pay, Ok benefits. Good office facilities. Great company if you are Spanish speaker with very little skills.

Cons

If you are Spanish this is the company to work for. They hire friends and family members who have no skills. They use the IM environment to help each other out. Everyone knows someone. Some of the supervisors have a hard time spelling simple words at high school level. Have no clue how to handle crisis. Very lazy people in management. Most are threatened by people who can speak good English and have some brains. If you are the type that like to dress like your going to a night well you will enjoy Molina dress code. They take business casual to a whole new level. They allow tattoos - you don't need to cover it up. Member service and outbound outreach has poor leadership. Most of the sups are just drones. I feel bad for the poor who are taken advantage of by the state and health care companies like Molina.

You need to make sure there is cultural diversity. Hire people who can read, write , have basic grammar. Monitor the leadership. Leadership training for all supervisors and mangers. Get them to be accountable and not lazy.
    Hire decent people.

Molina Family

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Molina Healthcare

Pros

personal growth, learning, people, culture, environment

Cons

in-house training classes need some restructuring

Working here for 2 years

Current Employee - API  in  Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - API in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good working offices. Supervisor support when needed. Good place to start your career to learn and earn experience.

Cons

Underpaid in some cases. They pay you low but expect you work much more than the level they advertised in job posts. They take advantage of your capabilities to do complicated work as much as they can without thinking how to have a corespondent compensation for these!!! As a result, good employees have to leave for better opportunities. Second, they refuse to pay you overtime even though they know you have to work overtime to complete their assignments. Finally you have to take work home without pay if you want not to look bad in front of them, which will affect your humble benefits. Stupid coaching and training system which just creates un-realistic imagination to fill in the coaching forms, cost time, money, create unnecessary pressure, but doesn't bring any effectiveness and improvements.

Please think about your employees. If they can do the jobs which nobody in the department can, please consider a fair compensation for them.

Good stated intentions, haven't figured out how to follow through

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Helping the under-served with healthcare is a rewarding feeling.

Cons

Poor compensation for long work hours. Lack of flexibility in middle/upper management, and lack of regard for work-life balance. Communication is lacking between management and employees.

Communication, please. Don't try to snow the employees, we realize that things are not going well. Trying to put a spin on it is coming off as disingenuous. Also, when you have a manager at a high level who has consistently shown that they cannot retain good employees - take note and do something about it. This company comes across to employees as a small-family owned company that hasn't figured out how to grow up.

Owners are clueless (and seem to be uncaring) about what's really happening within the workforce.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Fast growing, multi-state company; decent benefits. Good work location; close to the beach. Pretty good weather most of the year.

Cons

Executive and management "team" very disjointed; very political atmosphere. Cutthroats on the inside and very judgemental. The company has lost its soul and the very reason the founders started the business. Owners no longer care or are so out of touch with reality about their employees; continues to lose employees as quickly as they're trying to get them in.

Get involved and get to know your worker bees. Get ALL the facts before placing final judgements. Hire competent people that are knowledgeable in their respective fields. Hiring people simply because you know them, especially in key management positions, is doing more harm then good; simply getting a bunch of "yes" men. Owners really needs to get to know which of their people in management are trustworthy.

This company is deceiving in that they pretend to care for their hard working employees

Former Employee - Corporate Recruiter  in  Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company offers exceptional benefits.

Cons

This company hires friends and family of the Molina's that don't have talent nor are qualified to run a billion dollar managed care corporation. The employees bleed Molina green and then are blindsided with terminations. This company will suck you dry and spit you out. I had a strong passion for this company and was a loyal, loyal employee and one day they decided they had no more use for me. This is a common occurence.

Get a clue on hiring executives who are not friends and family of the Molina's and get away from the Good Ol' Boys Club mentality.

Worked for Molina Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!