Mollie Stone's Markets

Updated February 19, 2015
Updated February 19, 2015
3.3

Mike Stone

It was a positive experience though very hectic and time inducing.

Former Employee - Seasonal in San Bruno, CA
    Former Employee - Seasonal in San Bruno, CA

I worked at Mollie Stone's Markets

Pros

They have great benefits and the upper management is rather friendly to all the employees. Fellow workers have a positive attitude and generally great customers to deal with.

Cons

High end customers mean high end demands so at times they expect you to do more for them individually than you're able to. Sometimes upper management expects you to do a lot with little to no resources provided. Can be taxing on the body.

Listen more to your employees' suggestions but at the same time stop trying to avoid conflict when dealing with problems that need to be dealt with if you want to have happy employees and happier customers.

It's a family business!

I have been working at Mollie Stone's Markets full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you are willing to work hard and have fun doing it, this is a good place to work. It is impressive that during the tough downturn in the economy, many markets were closing their doors and Mollie Stone's not only kept the doors open, but expanded their locations and employed more of us in the Bay Area. I am glad to be part of the Mollie Stone's family.

Cons

As a family owned business, it sometimes has it's challenges. Sometimes it feels like you are required to wear a lot of hats and even though I am not afraid of hard work, it sometimes feels like it's to much.

A greater awareness of work life balance and supporting more promotions of woman and minorities.

Full Time Positions are treated as IT Contracts

Former Employee - I T Department in Mill Valley, CA
    Former Employee - I T Department in Mill Valley, CA

I worked at Mollie Stone's Markets

Pros

Managed network off site. Some friendly staff, and managers. Lots of local travel to retail locations, can be a positive thing being out and about. Descent workstations.

Cons

Full Time I.T. Positions are treated as IT Contracts, lay offs begin immediately after IT projects are complete. No leadership from Management, no other I.T. staff present to understand I.T. related infrastructure and needs. Administrative team on ancient legacy DOS based software, POS system ancient.

Hire IT Contractors, rather then mask actual I.T. positions based on your budgets.

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Grocery Clerk in Sausalito, CA
    Former Employee - Grocery Clerk in Sausalito, CA

I worked at Mollie Stone's Markets

Pros

I loved to work at Mollies because I was treated with respect, made more money every year I was with them....I made $45,000 when I was 18 y/o and had only been there a year and a half. Lots of over time oppurtunities and great management!

Cons

Long commute for me as I started in San Mateo but was transferred to Marin instead of being layed off when the economy tanked.

Keep up the good work.