Molly Maid

Updated Jul 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

David G. McKinnon

Rewarding experience but physically demanding.

ProsThe most obvious is the hours. Monday through Friday (some offices work Saturday as well) days.

ConsThe changing of schedule and hours. One day you may be off at 2pm the next you have to work till 5pm. The pay is nit great but it pays more than retail. Also, some customers are difficult to deal with. So, if you easily get upset...This is not the job for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll the owners are franchise owners so I don't have much to say to Molly Maid Corporate. I actually was able to see how the main office runs when I attended a workshop a couple years ago. Seemed like a fun place to work.
    As to the owners of a Molly Maid office, show appreciation and some compassion to the employees. It makes a huge difference. That's more important and beneficial to your bottom line.

Let's work for less than minimum wage.

Team Member (Current Employee) Newport News, VA

ProsThe obvious Mon-Fri...no weekends...typically 8-5

ConsRidiculously unprofessional management team from the Route Managers all the way up to the franchise owner. If you get with one of their "Grandfathered" in Route Managers you will for sure be making less than minimum wage, they spend most of the day screwing around bc they are making enough to get by. 97% of the Route Managers are the most unprofessional people who walked the face of the earth, they would absolutely not be able to keep a job anywhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselves and hire competent, professional people.

difficult environment

Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) Mount Pleasant, SC

Prosyou work hard and feel like you are accomplishing something. the other employees are very nice

Consoffice staff are bullies, employees are expected to complete tasks that are completely unacceptable. employees are not payed for all the work they do and when one questions this they are bullied into shutting theyre mouth and keeping theyre head down if they want to keep the job. none of the women working there are very happy at all.

Advice to Senior Managementstop repeating how "you've always done it this way" lying manipulating and secret keeping is no way to run a business.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing job opportunity

Residential Services Provider (Former Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsAmazing people, great flexibility and consideration

Conshard work, disgusting house every now and then

ok if you can handle unpredictability and frequent changes and REALLY need the money

Prosgreat rapport with coworkers, evening and weekends off, not real picky about background check

Consnever know when you will get home, back breaking work for minimum wage

employee

Maid (Former Employee) Wichita, KS

Prosgreat teamwork, steady pace, good working enviorment

Consclosed down Wichita's local branch

Advice to Senior ManagementOrganize

It was the worst experience of my life.

Maid (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsThere were no pros to that job the people were rude and cut throats

ConsThe people and the management were very rude and didnt follow any of there mottos that I had watched a video about when I hired in.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour present employees are liars and dont want to share the pay for any of the jobs they do. Get a better system in place as far as your payroll goes. Pay your people the proper hourly wage that you tell people when you hire them not a line of BS.

Solely a source of supplemental income for my family until I find something better.

Home Service Professional (Current Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsEach day is different. Not stuck at a desk all day. Learn more about your city and surrounding areas.

ConsGossip. Drama. Some customers are very picky and difficult to please no matter how hard you try. Not a lot of thanks (from customers or employer) for a job well done. Work fluctuates, so income/pay rate is not consistent.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore and better recognition of quality employees. Provide quality incentives for job well done.

The employer thought he was better than everyone else. Made me feel extremely uncomfortable.

Maid (Current Employee) Staten Island, NY

ProsNothing. Wasn't there long enough to see any, either.

ConsThe boss was not a good leader. Thought he was better than everyone else. Made me feel as though I would be able to advance in someway. Not the case. Just needed someone with a drivers license.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with a little more respect...even if it is a maid service.

Old ladies

Maid (Former Employee) Chesapeake, VA

ProsPay was alright loved having weekends off.

ConsThe Woman that work there!!! They are so mean and like to start drama. I had never been in such a horrible work place in my life. All of the older ladies just don't want there job to be given to the younger people so they LIE to get the younger ones fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to new people also not just the old ladies.

Worked for Molly Maid? Contribute to the Community!