Molson Coors

Be The First To
Add Photos

Molson Coors President and CEO Peter Swinburn

Peter Swinburn

Pleasure to wake up and go to work each day

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

Pros- Managers have an open door policy
    - The Beer industry is an ever changing atmosphere with lots of competition which makes every day a challenge.

ConsSometimes we are pulled in a lot of different directions but that is common across this field in many other jobs.

Assistant Field Marketing Assistant

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsGeneral questions about the industry and certain problems one may face, predictable yet still allowing for creativity

ConsVery focused on what's on paper and the concrete requirements rather than the person they are interviewing

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open minded.

The good and the bad...

ProsInteresting people to work with, definitely lots of challenges and there is an opportunity to learn a lot about the business, fairly good salaries and benefits.

ConsToo many meetings, great at talking but not great at executing projects, don't have too high expectations of career advancement - way too often they hire from outside, long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's start investing in real improvement solutions and start acting

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good pay, no career advancement

ProsSalaries, bonus and benefits are excellent

Conslack of career advancement opportunities for those below senior management, still a good old boys club

Great

ProsDevelopment opportunities are really good

ConsSalary, Salary, salary, salary salary

We talk about a great vision & culture, we've let the targets kill our character.

Senior Brewery Leadrship (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsGreat industry, nothing better than working for the history that Molson implies. Very compelling vision, listen to our senior leadership's vision and you'll be ready to move mountains. Free beer. Lots of promise. The talk is everything you will ever want in a company. Lots of challanges.

ConsWe're become hypacritical in our actions. We're panicing to hit our long range targets and looking for leaders to blame. Vancouver Brewery is the worst culture I've ever come across in my career. Top two leaders at the brewery are isolated have a great format to close us down.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize that we're beyond our ability to hit the 2012 BHAG. Close Vancouver down, you'll never recover from the past 5-years. Make the decision of rather your operations mean anything to you or put us out of our misary and out source production to the cheapest producer ... remember as P Swinburn said in Vancouver 'we're a marketing company, anyone can make beer'.

Challenging in every regard.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsA culture of hard work with an attempt to balance fun.

ConsInternal systems are poorly established.

Great culture, opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsDefinitely allows employee's to achieve a work life balance, pays above average and bonuses have been great the past couple years.

ConsAs much as we try to break down silos, they still exist and they unfortunately hold us back from excelling. Teams are not treated equally and this is a very glaring omission by senior management.

Fun place but low pay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree beer, young, fun co workers, good perks, connected to music and sports, passionate employees, respected company

ConsLow pay vs. other consumer packaged goods companies, political, not many opportunities to advance, too many senior leaders not qualified, very poor work-life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice for the leadership is to listen to the employees and not just say you are going to listen because it is the right thing to say

MCBC

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Burton, Cumbria, North West England, England (UK)

Prosgood training programs, opportunities for career development, good work/life balance

ConsVery male driven environment, lots of egos playing, lack of diversity, promotions don't always take into account what the person really wants to do.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your people

Worked for Molson Coors? Contribute to the Community!