Mom Corps.

Add Photos

Mom Corps. CEO Allison O'Kelly

Allison O'Kelly

Great Place to Work

ProsAs a recruiter converting from the mom world back to the work world I enjoy the flexibility of being able to control my own schedule. Working from home is great for me and my family. I appreciate the environment I have to learn, grow and achieve successes!

ConsBeing able to respond to all the details while maintaining a part time role is a challenge. A personal touch can be difficult to achieve while constantly moving forward.

Good Company if You Get a Good Boss

Human Resources Intern (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsOverall, it was a good internship. I got hands-on experience in the recruiting/HR field and learned so much in such a small timeframe. One of my bosses was an absolute joy to work for and she made me feel like a valuable member of the team. Mom Corps is great in that they truly practice what they preach with flexibility - I got to direct my schedule (work from home some days, in the office other days, and Fridays off!) and the work-life balance was nice.

ConsThere was a lot of hypocrisy, at least with my boss. She would say I needed to get more comfortable with ambiguity. So, I would work on projects without a lot of direction, which is what I'm used to doing, and I would turn in my work and say I didn't do it right because I didn't follow her directions. What directions?! She said figure it out yourself and that's what I did. She liked to have it both ways. This is weird, but I also felt slightly victimized for not having the same previous work history as my boss. For example, I had never worked in retail and my boss would occassionally say something to the effect of "well, if you had work experience in sales you would get how to do XYZ." My previous work experiences were not validated.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are not mind readers - we can only work with so much ambiguity and so little structure for so long. Also, more professionalism in the workplace would be appreciated. I understand that the atmosphere is very casual, but name-calling is just flat-out rude.

Amazing Company

ProsI love working at Mom Corps and we have come a long long way since some of the previous reviews. The team works well together and has a great deal of camaraderie. The virtual environment allows me to be with my kids when need be but get the job done.

ConsIt's hard to be in a virtual environment sometimes. Especially when it comes to building relationships with Franchise Owners. The annual meeting helps, but it's still a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing forward. Our mission is so important!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Love my job

President (Current Employee)

ProsI'm my own boss; control over my schedule; work from home; flexible work arrrangment

ConsDifficult to make significant money making part-time and contract placements

Growing pains could lead to their demise

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsWorking from home is nice, as I don't have to take off from work if my child is sick from school, and I can also relax my workplace attire/getting dolled up for the office, unless we are having the virtual meetings now and then. The territories they give their franchisees are HUGE so there is a lot of opportunity to sell to a large group of employers out there.

ConsWhere do I start...working from home leaves many employees unaccountable to the owner, as she is busy with her own life with her family and CEO duties. The upper mgmt is not committed at all to the vision of growing into a viable franchise. There is too much push back in growing the company to the level that the CEO envisions by her upper level mgmt to where they want a company-owned concept. Nobody in the company is versed in franchising!! There was someone working for them the last couple of years, who put their model together, but he left probably due to the push back to where he couldn't get anything done from what I saw. Many franchisees have left the company already and many are failing as there is extremely little franchisee support vs other franchises out there as I've been willing to learn about what is really out there for franchisees and we didn't provide these support systems at all due to ignorance and perhaps the push back of franchising. They will allow a franchisee to fail vs going to the franchisees home and giving them the support they need to get back on their feet so beware as this is a common complaint for the people who have failed and lost their business. There is no one there in upper mgmt who knows anything about franchising. That should be a red flag to anyone going into the business of becoming a franchisee. Also they were not members of any of the franchisor affiliates when I was working there and usually their reasoning was because they didn't want to be away from their families to go to any of the conferences. The upper management takes the working.from home aspect to the extreme to where they are not willing to do what it takes to keep their business running, as it would mean time away from a soccer game, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven though you are a "virtual" company, that shouldn't mean that you never go to learn about the franchise industry via the IFA, and other help that is out there. Also the administrative employees need to be treated with more respect as you can see we know so much more than you give us credit for. Address employee issues with them vs. with other employees. That causes a sense of insecurity and disloyalty within our small group of women. Good luck with however you do business. Don't blame your sales people for not making the numbers. I've seen too many things happen to cause problems in their process and you will lose good sales people until you straighten out the mess internally. CEO needs people on her team who have the same vision as she does. I can't see how she could be successful otherwise which is a shame.

Flag Review
    Mom Corps. CEO responded to this review Oct 21, 2013 EditDelete
    It's a shame when an employee that was fired due to performance issues can not see their failures and blames it on the company. We have been a member of the IFA since we began franchising in ... More

Great CEO, progressive business concept...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

Prosawesome staffing franchise with focus on women seeking to find flexible opportunities. Most corporate employees are completely virtual which is great for working moms. Company seen as experts in workplace flexibility and often featured in media. Franchise owners very smart, savvy business women.

Consworking virtually can be a blessing and a curse. sometimes hard to connect with your teammates. Company still in growth mode, so you are expected to do a lot with budgets and time. Can be stressful at times.

A breath of fresh air for me!!

Philadelphia, PA

ProsWorkplace flexibility is encouraged for all levels of employees to allow for time to spend with family
    Allows all employees to work from home including franchisees unless they are a larger territory franchise
    Communication is always open and honest and respectful

ConsWould love to be able to drop by someone's office to talk to them about something instead of having to call them.
    Meetings between employees are virtual, yet work well.
    Benefit package could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe are all so fortunate to work with such a competent group of people and I would love to see more people come on board to support us in an administrative capacity.

Worked for Mom Corps.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mom Corps. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mom Corps. CEO Allison O'Kelly. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Mom Corps. employees.