Mom Corps. Reviews

4.4
Mom Corps. CEO Allison O'Kelly
Allison O'Kelly

1. Great Culture

I have been working at Mom Corps.

Pros

Supportive, positive and collaborative culture, promotes work life balance and teamwork. Excellent support and leadership. Working virtually is a huge benefit for me.

Cons

Work can sometimes be stressful, but think that's part of the industry.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on team and business growth.

2. A great placement agency

I worked at Mom Corps. (Less than a year)

Pros

A great placement agency. I would use them again.

Cons

I wish they were still placing jobs in Houston.

3. Great working environment

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

I have been working at Mom Corps. full-time

Pros

I've been working for Mom Corps for several years now and love the style of leadership and support they provide to me. I've worked in several staffing firms before joining Mom Corps and find the environment at Mom Corps is very different than my previous experiences. There are no unreasonable goals to meet nor pressure to work the typical 11-12 hour days that the staffing industry requires to be successful. Mom Corps fosters a very entrepreneurial style in each of their recruiters.

Cons

The only advice I would provide Mom Corps is to continue growing this unbelievable brand around the country to help support more clients needing an experienced, professional, boutique firm to support their external hiring needs.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - you provide a very productive and supportive style for me to succeed and enjoy my passion - recruiting!

5. Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Mom Corps. full-time

Pros

A dynamic working environment, team support, strong leadership, able to work autonomously but have support when needed; fun and encouraging team! Very focused on providing excellent customer service to both candidates and clients!

Cons

Smaller organization; must be willing to wear multiple hats (not always a bad thing as this gives you variety)!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

6. Very back stabbing environment.

I worked at Mom Corps. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the 'hands off' approach with letting me do my work.

Cons

Upper management would create drama scenarios behind people's backs.. I assume it was just to make their working lives more interesting I guess. No accountability on their end when something doesn't go right - twist people's words and very vindictive.

Advice to Management

Don't treat people like dirt.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Mom Corps.

Pros

As a recruiter converting from the mom world back to the work world I enjoy the flexibility of being able to control my own schedule. Working from home is great for me and my family. I appreciate the environment I have to learn, grow and achieve successes!

Cons

Being able to respond to all the details while maintaining a part time role is a challenge. A personal touch can be difficult to achieve while constantly moving forward.

8. Amazing Company

I have been working at Mom Corps. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love working at Mom Corps and we have come a long long way since some of the previous reviews. The team works well together and has a great deal of camaraderie. The virtual environment allows me to be with my kids when need be but get the job done.

Cons

It's hard to be in a virtual environment sometimes. Especially when it comes to building relationships with Franchise Owners. The annual meeting helps, but it's still a challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward. Our mission is so important!

9. Love my job

Current Employee - President
    Current Employee - President

I have been working at Mom Corps. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm my own boss; control over my schedule; work from home; flexible work arrrangment

Cons

Difficult to make significant money making part-time and contract placements

Growing pains could lead to their demise

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mom Corps. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working from home is nice, as I don't have to take off from work if my child is sick from school, and I can also relax my workplace attire/getting dolled up for the office, unless we are having the virtual meetings now and then. The territories they give their franchisees are HUGE so there is a lot of opportunity to sell to a large group of employers out there.

Cons

Where do I start...working from home leaves many employees unaccountable to the owner, as she is busy with her own life with her family and CEO duties. The upper mgmt is not committed at all to the vision of growing into a viable franchise. There is too much push back in growing the company to the level that the CEO envisions by her upper level mgmt to where they want a company-owned concept. Nobody in the company is versed in franchising!! There was someone working for them the last couple of years, who put their model together, but he left probably due to the push back to where he couldn't get anything done from what I saw. Many franchisees have left the company already and many are failing as there is extremely little franchisee support vs other franchises out there as I've been willing to learn about what is really out there for franchisees and we didn't provide these support systems at all due to ignorance and perhaps the push back of franchising. They will allow a franchisee to fail vs going to the franchisees home and giving them the support they need to get back on their feet so beware as this is a common complaint for the people who have failed and lost their business. There is no one there in upper mgmt who knows anything about franchising. That should be a red flag to anyone going into the business of becoming a franchisee. Also they were not members of any of the franchisor affiliates when I was working there and usually their reasoning was because they didn't want to be away from their families to go to any of the conferences. The upper management takes the working.from home aspect to the extreme to where they are not willing to do what it takes to keep their business running, as it would mean time away from a soccer game, etc.

Advice to Management

Even though you are a "virtual" company, that shouldn't mean that you never go to learn about the franchise industry via the IFA, and other help that is out there. Also the administrative employees need to be treated with more respect as you can see we know so much more than you give us credit for. Address employee issues with them vs. with other employees. That causes a sense of insecurity and disloyalty within our small group of women. Good luck with however you do business. Don't blame your sales people for not making the numbers. I've seen too many things happen to cause problems in their process and you will lose good sales people until you straighten out the mess internally. CEO needs people on her team who have the same vision as she does. I can't see how she could be successful otherwise which is a shame.

Mom Corps. Response

Oct 21, 2013CEO

It's a shame when an employee that was fired due to performance issues can not see their failures and blames it on the company. We have been a member of the IFA since we began franchising in ... More

11. Great CEO, progressive business concept...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mom Corps. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

awesome staffing franchise with focus on women seeking to find flexible opportunities. Most corporate employees are completely virtual which is great for working moms. Company seen as experts in workplace flexibility and often featured in media. Franchise owners very smart, savvy business women.

Cons

working virtually can be a blessing and a curse. sometimes hard to connect with your teammates. Company still in growth mode, so you are expected to do a lot with budgets and time. Can be stressful at times.

RSS Feed </> Embed