Mom365

Be The First To
Add Photos

David Yarnell

Unhealthy company.

Sales Person (Current Employee)

ProsBeing a part of the celebration of each new life. The idea of taking photos that the family may cherish for generations is gratifying.

ConsThere are so many things that this company gets wrong that it is impossible to list them all here. Needless to say it boils down to an organization that has no understanding of what the term "customer service" means, management is untrained and ineffective, pay policies that cheat the employees, no regard or respect for their employees or their customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis feels like a company that the "c" level management has no interest in. I would suggest that someone begins to pay attention because on several levels what is going on here violates federal labor law. Actually speaking to the people who work hard everyday to take the photography and make the sales under the current policies and direct management I think would be an eye opening experience. Having a company that rides on the backs of unhappy employees and unhappy customers is not only a grinding employee turnover machine but may just find itself over time grinding itself to a business halt.

This could have been a great job

Newborn Photographer (Former Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsDelightful time photographing newborns and talking with patients. I had very few bad customer experiences.
    Freedom in schedule.
    The new CEO seems to be taking the company in a better direction and is willing to listen to the workers.

ConsBecause my hospital was in the inner city it was very hard to get commissions. Moms filling out WIC forms rarely have the money to buy a $250 photo package. The fixed style of getting sales was almost impossible to follow due to the parents I was meeting.
    I also had issues because my particular boss (who has since been removed) refused to listen to us when we gave her ideas about how to approach things differently or how to get more work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementTweak your business model when placing photographers in hospitals with low income patients. Perhaps create some photo packages that are more affordable. In hospitals with high birth rates put 2 cameras in the hospital to handle the heavy workload. We were always losing money because we couldn't do all of the appointments. Also, train people a bit more extensively. I didn't receive proper training until I'd been there nearly a year.

A good place to work at work worth doing!

ProsA Company who is really working to understand and listen to the field, to grow and develop new products and strategies to support the success of the Photographers and meet Mom's needs. Has a phenomenal NEW Photographer training process aimed at teaching the right tools for success. It is exciting to be able to provide new parents with beautiful images of this happy moment in their life.

ConsCan be a challenging environment to engage parents in the process and to generate a sale during such a chaotic and emotional time for new parents.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to enhance the compensation model for the Photographers as well as enhance the ADVANCED training for Photographers.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company horrible management

Atlanta, GA

ProsFlexible schedule, great co workers

ConsManager is the most unprofessional person I have ever met

Advice to Senior ManagementRe evaluate management choices

Best Job in the Hospital!

Rockville, MD

ProsFlexible hours, great pay, competitive package pricing (great for sales), plenty of cash incentives and contests to take advantage of, excellent communication between upper management and photographers, issues are addressed by district manager in a timely manner, ability to advance, and the opportunity to experience and capture some of the most precious moments of a child's life.

ConsWorking every other weekend, computer and camera issues occur too often (but are promptly resolved), irresponsible coworkers (photographers), district manager seems to have an overwhelming work load.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue direct communication with photographers. Continue asking for our input in the form of surveys when you receive recurrent complaints. Continue addressing our needs and requests. We appreciate it!

RUN please! Don't work here!

Newborn Photographer (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsWorking at a hospital and taking pictures.

ConsManagement, COLD-SELLING to moms who just had a C-section less than 24 hours ago, Not knowing when you are getting off work EVER. You just work until all babies that day are photographed; Could be 5, could be 35. High overturn rate. In 3 months we had 2 different District managers and 4 photographers leave in my group. My district manager emailed me 7 times a day literally.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate needs to come up with a better action plan period. The current one makes absolutely NO sense. It is EXTREMELY insensitive-FORCING moms to buy photos. Improve marketing, please. Maybe if moms were aware of mom 365 and their services PRIOR to photographers entering their rooms MAYBE, just MAYBE they would be a little more interested. It was SO uncomfortable walking into personal family rooms and they were caught off guard and treated me as a solicitor.

Management is Aloof and Disconnected

Photographer/Sales (Former Employee)
    Woodbridge, VA

ProsA lot of autonomy. If you like to work alone this job would be good for you. Although, the nursing staff is usually in your business and it can feel as though they are your superiors. Your manager will unlikely not micromanage you since she is off site 99% of the time.

ConsNursing staff is cold and rude at Sentara, Woodbridge. You really have to take initiative to understand how this hospital operates and how to actually make sales here. Photographers are "required" to take a full photo session with every baby born here as part of their "contract" with the hospital. Even if they patient does not buy, you are told you must take a full photo session as a requirement. It was a waste of time- huge language barrier, and low socio-economic area so patients here don't spend much money (so you don't make much money). I lasted 3 months before management ticked me off enough to quit.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your photographers at the hospital they are employed to work at. Get good trainers, not lazy ones that are impatient and unprofessional. Be aware of a "photo-all baby" hospital and be sure to let the photographer know there is a contract at steak. Communicate and address issues, don't throw your photographer under the bus due to your lack of management. Scheduling should not be left to the last minute, and it shouldn't be done by someone who is not in charge.

Fun job, not so fun company to deal with

Newborn Photographer (Current Employee)

ProsYou get to see and work with babies everyday (most of the time), have a set schedule (of days, not hours), and photography in general is enjoyable!

ConsReally unreliable hours, your time at work depends on how many babies were born, and that could be 0 on some days. company gives the district manager WAY too much to do in order to efficiently work with everybody in the district, although our district manager is a good guy, he's too busy to be a good manager. The pay system is terrible, you get either base pay or commission (24%) so even if you get commission, it's still barely more than your base pay would have been. They claim you can get a "full time paycheck with a part time job" but that is only if you are at a big hospital, with a high sales rate. Also not enough communication with company to photographers, under appreciated, pressured to sell even if you have to lie, company acts like their only goal is pleasing new moms when it's obviously just about putting money in their pockets. We are rushed to get in and out of rooms with sales very very quickly, in order for them to not have to pay us too much hourly.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you really only cared about delighting the families, drop the prices a little. Also, appreciate your photographers, there wouldn't be a company without them. In my hospital alone, we've gone through 6 photographers in a year. There's obviously a reason we aren't sticking around. Give us a little more compensation for all the work we do; give base pay and commission. Because what is our motivation to sell if we might not even get paid for it? Also, if a photographer goes in to work and there are no babies, we should get at least an hours pay, because we still had to come in and call in/call out, and its not our fault if there are no babies. most importantly, don't give your district managers too much to work with!! Cut the districts into smaller sizes so they can efficiently help and work with each photographer/hospital.

Fantastic Place to work, Great Environment, Very Satisfied Employee

Saint Charles, MO

ProsPotential Upward mobility and growth- have seen, and experienced a number of employees get promoted since I have been here.
    New Vision gives the opportunity to grow with the company.
    Great work Environment, with team mentality. Have made many friendships since I have been here.
    Management is supportive and wants to see you grow!!

ConsGrowing company with some 'bugs' to work out, primarily in development training, but always improving.
    Department Segregation: The mom365 environment has been great, but it seems as though there is limited synergy between departments.

So far it is a really green company and everything is done online initially.

ProsA green company that utilizes the online experience!

ConsI wish I could try the shirt on before it is shipped.

Worked for Mom365? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mom365 reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mom365 CEO David Yarnell. All 32 reviews posted anonymously by Mom365 employees.