Mom365 Reviews

Reset
2.6
Mom365 CEO Gerry Murphy
Gerry Murphy

Pros
  • The opportunity to work with babies and their families is awesome (in 3 reviews)

• You get to work independently most of the time (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • My district manager stated that she did not care that I was sick, even though it was hospital policy to stay out of the maternity unit if you were sick (in 7 reviews)

• The pay structure is way way outdated (in 3 reviews)

1. Newborn Photographer

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer
    Former Employee - Newborn Photographer

I worked at Mom365 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good entry level photography job if you're interested. Get to see babies. That's about it.

Cons

Not a job that you can live off of. Not for anyone looking to make a living or climb a ladder. Base pay is poor. Hours are short. No vacation time. Top down selling.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a decent liveable wage.

2. Hard work not appreciated and promises not kept...

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at Mom365 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with new Moms and great photographers.

Cons

On call 7 days a week... No real work/life balance. High photographer turnover due to inconsistant work days. Can be very difficult to gaurantee 7 day a week coverage at all Hospitals.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees and don't give impossible work loads. Realize that you do not save money by combining Districts or Regions, it just leads to burning out your best managers/trainers.

Best Company I've worked for

Former Employee - Hospital Photography Coordinator in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Hospital Photography Coordinator in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Mom365 part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best training program I've ever encountered. Their online resources for employees was amazing. I felt like I could contact anyone on the corperate ladder when I needed help or if there was a problem. It was the highest paying part time job I can imagine. And... honestly... youre hanging out with the most adorable new borns and their mom's on the happiest days of their lives. Cant beat that.

Cons

It is commission based pay, so you have to take good pictures AND be a good sales person. You're working on your own almost every day, so you need to be a very independent person.

Advice to Management

Open more contracted hospitals! I want to work for Mom365 again. (I only left because I moved out of the area.)

5. High turnover

Former Employee - Sales Person in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Person in Denver, CO

I worked at Mom365 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They offer good trainings for both sales and photography skills

Cons

Working environment and lack of communication between managers and sales/photographer

Newborn Photographer

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer/Field Trainer
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer/Field Trainer

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great photography job with amazing opportunities. Must have an interest and talent in photography. Good photos sell. Good photos don't sell sometimes too. Bad photos never sell. That's life. Scheduling is important to keep track of, but you have the ability to work independently. In my five months of experience working for the company, Management is A+!

Cons

Base pay is too low for photographers who are intricate contributors to the company's supply chain.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. Great Place to Work For!

I worked at Mom365

Pros

Mom365 is a great place to work for. They really care about their employees and try to make everyone feel welcome.

Cons

There are more han a few bad reviews online.

Advice to Management

Focus on the customer as the number one priority

8. Good, Bad and Ugly

I worked at Mom365

Pros

Great job with flexibility to make own hours.
    Wonderful opportunity to share in the special memory of a new child and to capture those special moments that a selfie just can't do
    Able to work independently and create programs that work in my area

Cons

What you make in pay does not equal the time you may have to spend doing the job. When they say you work part time (4 days) is not realistic, especially for managers. You are constantly on call for your hospital, staff and clients. If you have a staff member call out, you are expected to find coverage or fill in yourself. I have been told that the current manager has told the photographers when they call and are sick (runny nose, coughing, fever) if you cannot find someone to work for you, go in anyway. That is against every health policy and common sense teaching as you are working is a susceptible area with a newborn baby that is not immune to sickness.
    Management really does not want to know you are a staff member, they only care about the $$$ and will only respond to you when you have a no $$ day, but the manager that I have worked with did not congratulate me when I had a big $$ day, especially in my area where big sales are few to say the least.

Advice to Management

The upper management levels do not take the time to learn about the different areas the company provides services. Not everything is because there are bad relationships, knowing who your customer is and who your client is is very important. Take time to know who your managers are, their styles and how their area works. Different places have different income, value perception and needs. What may work in Los Angeles, may not work in Hawaii or New York.
    Listen to what the teams are saying, not just your managers. The photographers are your front line and without them, you will have nothing. Make sure your district managers are people with PEOPLE SKILLS. Know how to talk to people and excite a team to work for you is key to success.
    You have mangers in your company that only care about making their bonus, and will let people leave because they just can't hack it. The problem is not that the photographers are not good at their job, the problem is you have mangers who don't care about their teams.
    Conduct EXIT INTERVIEWS with everyone that leaves, including those you may not want to talk to. You will learn valuable information. I wish I had been given an exit interview and the team here could have been saved.

9. It was okay

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Saint Charles, MO
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at Mom365

Pros

The pay is good, the number of hours per week 39.5 if you are part time, the people were pretty nice, I loved working in sales, the breaks were great, and the benefits were awesome.

Cons

Training wasn't long enough, the hours 10:30-7 each day made it hard to have a life outside of work, the customer service part of it sucked, you don't get raises, and MANY customers were extremely rude- I even got threatened by one customer who said that she was going to kill me/shoot me.

Advice to Management

Add raises, add better protocol for when customers are out of line,

Photographer/ Field Trainer

Former Employee - In-Hospital Photographer/Field Trainer in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - In-Hospital Photographer/Field Trainer in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Mom365 full-time

Pros

Autonomy, seeing all the sweet newborn babies!

Cons

This company is extremely disorganized at every level. There are a lot of technical issues with the cameras and laptops. A lot of time is wasted on trying to get these recurring problems handled, and that ultimately cuts into your hourly rate (which is based off of your earned commission). Hours are very unpredictable. Some hospitals are very slow... You may show up to work and have no babies to photo,or maybe only one or two, resulting in very low pay for the day. Other hospitals are very busy and its's impossible to see all of the babies. In that situation, you will be on your feet constantly, with no time for breaks, because it's usually a race to get the babies photo'd before they are discharged. Management cares only about sales and you are only as good as your last good sale. They expect high sales, and coach you on high pressure sales tactics, and yet the hospitals do not want you to come across as a "salesperson" and absolutely do not want you to be pushy. This puts the employee in a tough position trying to figure out their approach. Also, if you ever get sick, and someone else from your team is unable to cover your shift, management will still insist you come in. Suddenly, all concern for the health and well-being for the newborn babies with no immune system built up, is out the window. They care only about coverage... Never mind that you're vomitting or running a fever or so sick you can barely move. If you get promoted to "Field Trainer," your excitement at getting promoted quickly fades as you realize you are actually losing money while training other people. Speaking of which, we are supposed to introduce ourselves as "Professional Photographers." Doesn't matter that you've never held a camera before your very brief training on the job. Although I had a good eye and sold a lot of packages, I couldn't tell you what aperture is or any other functions of the camera.

You have to be a very patient person. I'm a mom... I've had three babies, so I know how to calm a fussy baby. But I would train young girls fresh out of school to do this job, and I would see their nervousness and frustration when they had to handle a fussy baby, which FYI, most of the babies are going to be fussy. You need to be able to calm them down long enough to snap a decent picture while assuring Mom that you know exactly what you are doing.

Advice to Management

I think this culture starts at the top and is trickled down. I believe the District Managers have so much pressure on them, to meet their quotas, from the Regional Manager, who likely is getting pressured from Corporate, that it leaves no room for being reasonable about expectations regarding sales and employee attendance. This company needs a complete shift in their culture.

This is a great company to work for.

Former Employee - Lead Photographer/Trainer in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Lead Photographer/Trainer in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Mom365 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Convenient/flexible schedule, great pay potential (commission or hourly, whichever is more), involvement from managers, you are a part of a team but work independently, working with babies and families is amazing, can move up within the company quickly.

Cons

Hospital settings can be unpredictable. You may have to wait a long time to get into a room. If you're in a hospital with a high birth rates you can work longer hours than expected. Some days you may work an hour and the next day you may have to work 8 hours. This can change often.

Advice to Management

I've worked in two different districts and had the opportunity to witness the difference. My old district (Baltimore), the managers were very involved and we could reach out to them at any time and receive feedback quickly. In my last district (North Carolina), it was as if you are totally on your own. The managers would reach out sometimes but no follow ups. The photographers there did not follow company policy and they had lost their contract once before and I could see why. There was no involvement from the managers, except emails about weekly and monthly sales or photo tips. In my Baltimore district we did great with sales and I feel it's because we felt supported and we were always updated on anything happening within the company or our manager would just call to see how we are doing, personally or with work. Nothing like that in NC and the sales, I personally feel, reflect that. Management there really need to become more active with the photographers in this district and make sure company policy is being followed at ALL times. Because word of mouth travels. If someones love one has a bad experience with our company at one hospital it may prevent another love one or friend to instantly decline us based on what someone else has experienced. Which results in lost sales

RSS Feed </> Embed