Mom365 Reviews

Updated September 29, 2014
Updated September 29, 2014
2.6

David Yarnell

I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to have a job where I get to see newborn babies everyday!

Current Employee - Photographer & Field Trainer  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Photographer & Field Trainer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Mom365 part-time for more than a year

Pros

I like the fact that we get to help mom capture a moment that is not only in a professional way but fun too.... we make baby comfortable and next to mom. We capture an expression or a moment that will be cherished forever. In hospital photography is the best we come to them we deliver a beautiful slideshow with great quality & unique products. Mom will receive them in 5 to 10 days . I Have heard nothing but good from the moms.
    Everyday is a new experience I'm loving it!
    Every baby deserve a beautiful photo. . That's what mom365 is all about. ..365 days also toy can always move up in the company.. from photographer to field trainer to district manager. I got to out to dinner with regional and district manager they was awesome! Great people!

Cons

I do think the packages can be a bit extreme maybe simplify it so mom doesn't get over whelmed as she is tired because having a baby is a lot of work. ..which having the online option to buy later is nice but really don't understand why it's 10% more to order online you also can get everything that we show in hospital. . Which I understand because we have to do the cropping to make sure everything fits in the frames of the products purchased.

I do wish the hourly rate was a little higher .

Love the contests and bonuses we get!

Not enough compensation, greedy company

I have been working at Mom365 part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Photographing babies. Nice work environment depending on hospital. Short work day. Working alone.

Cons

This company is about themselves making money from ur hard work. Managers are incompetent and expect miracles from u. The pricing of the packages are ridiculous and you have to start selling at the top with every mom. The sales goals are unrealistic. You get paid either commission or hours not both which it should be. You spend ur day doing sometimes difficult sessions, babies crying makes getting good pictures hard to do, then the company gives you a small percentage of what you sell while they sit back and take the profit of ur hard work. You have to listen to so much about numbers and percentages and then explain to ur manager what you could be doing better. If the packages were more reasonable we could sell a lot more. Most employees quit after a few months and the ceos should look at why this is and see that their employees aren't happy.

Pay commission plus hourly.
    Ease up on the pressure of goals and numbers
    Lower package prices

Horrible Middle Management

Current Employee - Photographer
    Current Employee - Photographer

I have been working at Mom365 part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great hours for those with kids in school

Cons

Horrible DMs who push sales in unethical ways and force you go in EVEN WHEN YOUR SICK, to be around NEWBORNS.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No Compassion.

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer  in  Winchester, VA
    Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Winchester, VA

I worked at Mom365 part-time for less than a year

Pros

the ONLY positive thing about this company is the fact you get to meet and interact with newborn babies. Bottom line.

Cons

What isn't a con about this company. First of all, ALL they care about is the MONEY $$$$$ thats it. They do not care about their employees, their customers, or the impression they're leaving. they expect you to make a $365 sale in every room you enter even it means having mom pay $50, dad pay $50, grandma from another state to call and give her credit card info with $100 and the last $165 uncle leroy give you in cash, which means when you get off work.. and CLOCK OUT you then have to drive to walmart and get a money order, complete all the info, then drive to the post office and mail it.. all while OFF THE CLOCK. this company makes me sick! the manager i had was never available for help, she only texted me and never replied in a timely manner. they require you to call in for a mandatory conference call once a week, even if its your day off. and they last 45mins-1hr. You do not get mileage payment if you have to travel to another hospital. they make you LIE to the mothers by saying you're a "professional" photographer. and lastly they make you use your personal phone ALL the time!! you know the phone you pay monthly for with the paycheck you're barely receiving from them.....

Find another career, because obviously ALL of you have no compassion for anyone under you, especially mothers who have just delivered a baby.

Should be shut down, terribly unethical in every way possible

Former Employee - Photographer/Sales  in  Miramar, FL
    Former Employee - Photographer/Sales in Miramar, FL

I worked at Mom365 part-time for less than a year

Pros

Seeing babies every day, working in a hospital seeing doctors and nurses.

Cons

First, this company does not care about well being of mom or baby. I was forced to come to work even though it was very obvious I had the flu. My district manager stated that she did not care that I was sick, even though it was hospital policy to stay out of the maternity unit if you were sick. My trainer stated that I had to come super close to the babies, which I did not feel was respectful towards the mothers.

I didn't make it past training because I was not comfortable with the way they treated mothers like atm machines. They are also a total rip of with their prices. Maybe it's different in different areas, but this was just my opinion working in the broward county district.

I have a history of being a pushy salesperson, but I did not have the heart to do it with new mothers who were still in pain from child birth. We were not supposed to see moms who delivered by cesarean until 24 hours after surgery, but my trainer still made me. Having had a cesarean delivery myself, I cannot imagine being disturbed for a sales pitch.

Said they were going to compensate me for traveling over an hour away for training, but never did. Run, run RUN!!! Run away from this crooked company!

Have more respect of employees, mothers and newborns.

Newborn photographer

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer  in  Hattiesburg, MS
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Hattiesburg, MS

I have been working at Mom365 part-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to hold babies throughout the day :) great company to work for!

Cons

Some parents will give you the run around instead of telling you "no, we're not interested".

It's okay. It's a sales job....

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Mom365 part-time for less than a year

Pros

The babies!!! You witness parents viewing pictures of their newborn for the first time. If you are assigned a hospital in a affluent area, you can actually make a decent pay. Great hours. My Manager is a great support system. Make sure you are knowledgable of the products to custom tailor packages to families. They rolled out a new program where you can offer a free 8x10. It allows you the leverage to be allow to enter the room to photograph. Great environment if you like to work independently.

Cons

The pay depends on what hospital you work. If you work in an area that is "income challenged", you will find it difficult to make more money.

Consider revamping the pay structure for low,income areas.

Good working conditions, low pay for long hours.

I have been working at Mom365 part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love working with the newborn babies and parents. It is hard to be in a bad mood with so much joy involved.

Cons

Commission with a fall back hourly rate. Long hours with low pay. Too many packages, clients have too many things to choose from.

Better pay rate for photographers. Less packages, there are too many options.

Bad pay structure, very unorganized

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer
    Former Employee - Newborn Photographer

I worked at Mom365 part-time for less than a year

Pros

Work schedule can be pretty flexible, able to work independently on majority of shifts. The opportunity to work with babies and their families is awesome.

Cons

Pay structure SUCKS. They start you off at a higher rate for a 30 day period (in my experience, they technically applied that, but only really started me 15 days INTO that 30 day period, without prior notice).
    Extremely unorganized. I was not even trained properly, and was already on the official schedule after only 2 days of training (when in reality it's about a week).
    Depending on the region you work on, the product is way overpriced, especially if you are working at a county hospital, some families do not have the resources to spare and can be hard to sell so you get stuck on the fallback rate (minimum wage).

Instead of calling everybody out, try to spend some time on the floor to create realistic, attainable goals for each hospital and their respective demographic. Review pay structure, COMMUNICATE fine print to employee before proceeding with outdated practices.

Poor service

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer  in  Smithtown, NY
    Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Smithtown, NY

I worked at Mom365 part-time for more than a year

Pros

Takeing pictures of happy parents and their new babies

Cons

Upset parents after it takes weeks/months for them to get what they ordered.

Train your people properly and refund your customers when you don't deliver as promised.

Worked for Mom365? Contribute to the Community!