Mom365

2.9

Mom365 CEO Gerry Murphy
Gerry Murphy
1 Rating

Pros
  • The opportunity to work with babies and their families is awesome (in 3 reviews)

• Great environment if you like to work independently (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Districts are too large- needs to be cut back to allow district manager to become more effective (in 7 reviews)

• Really unreliable hours, your time at work depends on how many babies were born, and that could be 0 on some days (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to have a job where I get to see newborn babies everyday!

Current Employee - Photographer & Field Trainer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Photographer & Field Trainer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I like the fact that we get to help mom capture a moment that is not only in a professional way but fun too.... we make baby comfortable and next to mom. We capture an expression or a moment that will be cherished forever. In hospital photography is the best we come to them we deliver a beautiful slideshow with great quality & unique products. Mom will receive them in 5 to 10 days . I Have heard nothing but good from the moms.
    Everyday is a new experience I'm loving it!
    Every baby deserve a beautiful photo. . That's what mom365 is all about. ..365 days also toy can always move up in the company.. from photographer to field trainer to district manager. I got to out to dinner with regional and district manager they was awesome! Great people!

Cons

I do think the packages can be a bit extreme maybe simplify it so mom doesn't get over whelmed as she is tired because having a baby is a lot of work. ..which having the online option to buy later is nice but really don't understand why it's 10% more to order online you also can get everything that we show in hospital. . Which I understand because we have to do the cropping to make sure everything fits in the frames of the products purchased.

I do wish the hourly rate was a little higher .

Love the contests and bonuses we get!

It could have been a fantastic job, but it wasn't.

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Houston, TX

I worked at Mom365 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really enjoyed photographing baby and being able to interact with the families.

Cons

I worked in a VERY busy hospital and there are suppose to be 2 photographers working at all times. 70% of the time, the 2nd photographer does not show up and I am left by myself to handle the hospital. Since this is a purely commission based job, this could be a really good thing (more sales, more money!). The problem is, it was impossible to reach all of the mom's in a given day. Sometimes I can roll them over for the morning, but this just added to the vicious cycle of never being able to finish. Usually, this is something I would be able to handle, especially if the money was there. The problem was, the hospital I worked at was for a very LOW INCOME area. Most families did not buy pictures even if they wanted to because they just didn't have the money. I've had people run around trying to find enough change within a group of family members to buy the cheapest item I had in the catalog. I was able to make a decent amount of money since there were so many babies to photograph. Then... the company decided to give away 1 free photo to try and promote more families at least do the free photo shoot (as if I was sitting around twiddling my thumbs not having enough babies to photograph!). This was what broke me. I couldn't keep up with the demand, we weren't getting more photographers to help cover the rooms, and since they're getting a free photo, sales dropped dramatically. I was constantly getting hounded my district manager that I couldn't leave until all babies have been photographed. Coming in at 7 am and leaving at 7-8 pm 5 days a week with terrible payouts was really just too much for me.

It would have been nice if the managers actually showed that they cared. I'd call them when the other photographer didn't show up and I needed help but it would go straight to voice mail. I never got my calls returned. I just had to fend for myself. I only got a call when I was being yelled at for not finishing all of the rooms.

No Compassion.

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Winchester, VA
    Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Winchester, VA

I worked at Mom365 part-time (less than an year)

Pros

the ONLY positive thing about this company is the fact you get to meet and interact with newborn babies. Bottom line.

Cons

What isn't a con about this company. First of all, ALL they care about is the MONEY $$$$$ thats it. They do not care about their employees, their customers, or the impression they're leaving. they expect you to make a $365 sale in every room you enter even it means having mom pay $50, dad pay $50, grandma from another state to call and give her credit card info with $100 and the last $165 uncle leroy give you in cash, which means when you get off work.. and CLOCK OUT you then have to drive to walmart and get a money order, complete all the info, then drive to the post office and mail it.. all while OFF THE CLOCK. this company makes me sick! the manager i had was never available for help, she only texted me and never replied in a timely manner. they require you to call in for a mandatory conference call once a week, even if its your day off. and they last 45mins-1hr. You do not get mileage payment if you have to travel to another hospital. they make you LIE to the mothers by saying you're a "professional" photographer. and lastly they make you use your personal phone ALL the time!! you know the phone you pay monthly for with the paycheck you're barely receiving from them.....

Find another career, because obviously ALL of you have no compassion for anyone under you, especially mothers who have just delivered a baby.

Not enough compensation, greedy company

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Photographing babies. Nice work environment depending on hospital. Short work day. Working alone.

Cons

This company is about themselves making money from ur hard work. Managers are incompetent and expect miracles from u. The pricing of the packages are ridiculous and you have to start selling at the top with every mom. The sales goals are unrealistic. You get paid either commission or hours not both which it should be. You spend ur day doing sometimes difficult sessions, babies crying makes getting good pictures hard to do, then the company gives you a small percentage of what you sell while they sit back and take the profit of ur hard work. You have to listen to so much about numbers and percentages and then explain to ur manager what you could be doing better. If the packages were more reasonable we could sell a lot more. Most employees quit after a few months and the ceos should look at why this is and see that their employees aren't happy.

Pay commission plus hourly.
    Ease up on the pressure of goals and numbers
    Lower package prices

Horrible Middle Management

Current Employee - Photographer
    Current Employee - Photographer

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great hours for those with kids in school

Cons

Horrible DMs who push sales in unethical ways and force you go in EVEN WHEN YOUR SICK, to be around NEWBORNS.

Should be shut down, terribly unethical in every way possible

Former Employee - Photographer/Sales in Miramar, FL
    Former Employee - Photographer/Sales in Miramar, FL

I worked at Mom365 part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Seeing babies every day, working in a hospital seeing doctors and nurses.

Cons

First, this company does not care about well being of mom or baby. I was forced to come to work even though it was very obvious I had the flu. My district manager stated that she did not care that I was sick, even though it was hospital policy to stay out of the maternity unit if you were sick. My trainer stated that I had to come super close to the babies, which I did not feel was respectful towards the mothers.

I didn't make it past training because I was not comfortable with the way they treated mothers like atm machines. They are also a total rip of with their prices. Maybe it's different in different areas, but this was just my opinion working in the broward county district.

I have a history of being a pushy salesperson, but I did not have the heart to do it with new mothers who were still in pain from child birth. We were not supposed to see moms who delivered by cesarean until 24 hours after surgery, but my trainer still made me. Having had a cesarean delivery myself, I cannot imagine being disturbed for a sales pitch.

Said they were going to compensate me for traveling over an hour away for training, but never did. Run, run RUN!!! Run away from this crooked company!

Have more respect of employees, mothers and newborns.

Newborn photographer

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Hattiesburg, MS
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Hattiesburg, MS

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get to hold babies throughout the day :) great company to work for!

Cons

Some parents will give you the run around instead of telling you "no, we're not interested".

It's okay. It's a sales job....

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The babies!!! You witness parents viewing pictures of their newborn for the first time. If you are assigned a hospital in a affluent area, you can actually make a decent pay. Great hours. My Manager is a great support system. Make sure you are knowledgable of the products to custom tailor packages to families. They rolled out a new program where you can offer a free 8x10. It allows you the leverage to be allow to enter the room to photograph. Great environment if you like to work independently.

Cons

The pay depends on what hospital you work. If you work in an area that is "income challenged", you will find it difficult to make more money.

Consider revamping the pay structure for low,income areas.

Bad pay structure, very unorganized

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer
    Former Employee - Newborn Photographer

I worked at Mom365 part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work schedule can be pretty flexible, able to work independently on majority of shifts. The opportunity to work with babies and their families is awesome.

Cons

Pay structure SUCKS. They start you off at a higher rate for a 30 day period (in my experience, they technically applied that, but only really started me 15 days INTO that 30 day period, without prior notice).
    Extremely unorganized. I was not even trained properly, and was already on the official schedule after only 2 days of training (when in reality it's about a week).
    Depending on the region you work on, the product is way overpriced, especially if you are working at a county hospital, some families do not have the resources to spare and can be hard to sell so you get stuck on the fallback rate (minimum wage).

Instead of calling everybody out, try to spend some time on the floor to create realistic, attainable goals for each hospital and their respective demographic. Review pay structure, COMMUNICATE fine print to employee before proceeding with outdated practices.

Good working conditions, low pay for long hours.

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love working with the newborn babies and parents. It is hard to be in a bad mood with so much joy involved.

Cons

Commission with a fall back hourly rate. Long hours with low pay. Too many packages, clients have too many things to choose from.

Better pay rate for photographers. Less packages, there are too many options.