Mom365

www.mom365.com
Employer Engaged

Not enough compensation, greedy company

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Photographing babies. Nice work environment depending on hospital. Short work day. Working alone.

Cons

This company is about themselves making money from ur hard work. Managers are incompetent and expect miracles from u. The pricing of the packages are ridiculous and you have to start selling at the top with every mom. The sales goals are unrealistic. You get paid either commission or hours not both which it should be. You spend ur day doing sometimes difficult sessions, babies crying makes getting good pictures hard to do, then the company gives you a small percentage of what you sell while they sit back and take the profit of ur hard work. You have to listen to so much about numbers and percentages and then explain to ur manager what you could be doing better. If the packages were more reasonable we could sell a lot more. Most employees quit after a few months and the ceos should look at why this is and see that their employees aren't happy.

Pay commission plus hourly.
    Ease up on the pressure of goals and numbers
    Lower package prices

Horrible Middle Management

Current Employee - Photographer
    Current Employee - Photographer

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great hours for those with kids in school

Cons

Horrible DMs who push sales in unethical ways and force you go in EVEN WHEN YOUR SICK, to be around NEWBORNS.

No Compassion.

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Winchester, VA
    Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Winchester, VA

I worked at Mom365 part-time (less than a year)

Pros

the ONLY positive thing about this company is the fact you get to meet and interact with newborn babies. Bottom line.

Cons

What isn't a con about this company. First of all, ALL they care about is the MONEY $$$$$ thats it. They do not care about their employees, their customers, or the impression they're leaving. they expect you to make a $365 sale in every room you enter even it means having mom pay $50, dad pay $50, grandma from another state to call and give her credit card info with $100 and the last $165 uncle leroy give you in cash, which means when you get off work.. and CLOCK OUT you then have to drive to walmart and get a money order, complete all the info, then drive to the post office and mail it.. all while OFF THE CLOCK. this company makes me sick! the manager i had was never available for help, she only texted me and never replied in a timely manner. they require you to call in for a mandatory conference call once a week, even if its your day off. and they last 45mins-1hr. You do not get mileage payment if you have to travel to another hospital. they make you LIE to the mothers by saying you're a "professional" photographer. and lastly they make you use your personal phone ALL the time!! you know the phone you pay monthly for with the paycheck you're barely receiving from them.....

Find another career, because obviously ALL of you have no compassion for anyone under you, especially mothers who have just delivered a baby.

Should be shut down, terribly unethical in every way possible

Former Employee - Photographer/Sales in Miramar, FL
    Former Employee - Photographer/Sales in Miramar, FL

I worked at Mom365 part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Seeing babies every day, working in a hospital seeing doctors and nurses.

Cons

First, this company does not care about well being of mom or baby. I was forced to come to work even though it was very obvious I had the flu. My district manager stated that she did not care that I was sick, even though it was hospital policy to stay out of the maternity unit if you were sick. My trainer stated that I had to come super close to the babies, which I did not feel was respectful towards the mothers.

I didn't make it past training because I was not comfortable with the way they treated mothers like atm machines. They are also a total rip of with their prices. Maybe it's different in different areas, but this was just my opinion working in the broward county district.

I have a history of being a pushy salesperson, but I did not have the heart to do it with new mothers who were still in pain from child birth. We were not supposed to see moms who delivered by cesarean until 24 hours after surgery, but my trainer still made me. Having had a cesarean delivery myself, I cannot imagine being disturbed for a sales pitch.

Said they were going to compensate me for traveling over an hour away for training, but never did. Run, run RUN!!! Run away from this crooked company!

Have more respect of employees, mothers and newborns.

Newborn photographer

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Hattiesburg, MS
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Hattiesburg, MS

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get to hold babies throughout the day :) great company to work for!

Cons

Some parents will give you the run around instead of telling you "no, we're not interested".

It's okay. It's a sales job....

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The babies!!! You witness parents viewing pictures of their newborn for the first time. If you are assigned a hospital in a affluent area, you can actually make a decent pay. Great hours. My Manager is a great support system. Make sure you are knowledgable of the products to custom tailor packages to families. They rolled out a new program where you can offer a free 8x10. It allows you the leverage to be allow to enter the room to photograph. Great environment if you like to work independently.

Cons

The pay depends on what hospital you work. If you work in an area that is "income challenged", you will find it difficult to make more money.

Consider revamping the pay structure for low,income areas.

Good working conditions, low pay for long hours.

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love working with the newborn babies and parents. It is hard to be in a bad mood with so much joy involved.

Cons

Commission with a fall back hourly rate. Long hours with low pay. Too many packages, clients have too many things to choose from.

Better pay rate for photographers. Less packages, there are too many options.

Bad pay structure, very unorganized

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer
    Former Employee - Newborn Photographer

I worked at Mom365 part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work schedule can be pretty flexible, able to work independently on majority of shifts. The opportunity to work with babies and their families is awesome.

Cons

Pay structure SUCKS. They start you off at a higher rate for a 30 day period (in my experience, they technically applied that, but only really started me 15 days INTO that 30 day period, without prior notice).
    Extremely unorganized. I was not even trained properly, and was already on the official schedule after only 2 days of training (when in reality it's about a week).
    Depending on the region you work on, the product is way overpriced, especially if you are working at a county hospital, some families do not have the resources to spare and can be hard to sell so you get stuck on the fallback rate (minimum wage).

Instead of calling everybody out, try to spend some time on the floor to create realistic, attainable goals for each hospital and their respective demographic. Review pay structure, COMMUNICATE fine print to employee before proceeding with outdated practices.

Foot in the door, nothing more

Current Employee - Sales Photographer
    Current Employee - Sales Photographer

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Experience working with newborns, which - as an aspiring freelance photographer is exactly the reason I had applied for this job in the first place.
    You get to work with parents in the happiest time of their life.
    Someone like me has to work more independently on my own pace, and it's very easy to do with this job.
    The nurses at our hospital are sweethearts and treat us like family.
    When you're good at what you do, you get amazing responses and compliments to your work.

Cons

For larger cities with a variety of financial situations, this company has a great chance to thrive. Where I work, however, is set up in a very rural country town with a horrible unemployment rate and average income. People here just don't have the money.
    At first when I was hired, it was $8.50/hr + 15% commission. I was doing amazing on my paychecks, splitting the hours with one other photographer, and still getting around $400-$500 every 10th and 25th, which was amazing for the hours put in. The CEO has changed recently, and with the change, the pay structure was changed as well. Straight commission with a fallback rate. As I mentioned, we live in a place were we have more days with no sales than anything. There is no money in it anymore, the only reason I even stay with this job is that I enjoy the work environment.
    They want you to force moms that aren't interested in having their photos done into taking them. There are conference calls every week in which they go over your hospital statistics, and if you fall behind they usually keep pushing you that you're not working hard enough. One of the statistics are, if you haven't guessed, percentage of babies photographed.
    If you don't do well in sales, usually in your boss's eyes it's YOUR fault. I have even had my boss request a PROPER explanation for days that we didn't sell, because there's something wrong on our end. They also wanted us to talk other professionals in the area down to increase our own business, and as someone who is a freelancer outside of this job, it pains me too much to even do so. The new pay structure is only a representation of how they actually treat the workflow.
    Many of the things are overpriced for what you get. Working in a low-income area, I don't even feel comfortable trying to sell some of these things to people but I do so anyways, of course.
    They do tell you as soon as they interview you that this is not a job to pay the bills with (even though at first, I had no problems). This, in my opinion, is very unprofessional and strikes me as extremely stingy.
    They work you to death sometimes - I cannot request days off at all. I worked by myself, 7 days a week, for months before a new photographer was hired in.
    They do not always hire photographers that actually have any experience in photography at all. They want you to know more about sales than anything - and I understand that with many retail studios this is often the case, which is why many have such a bad reputation. As a photographer OUTSIDE of this company, this is a very, VERY bad practice.
    The photographers are all unappreciated by corporate, and the new pay structure is their way of saying "I wouldn't pay you a fallback rate at all if I could get by with it, so I'll pay you as little as I legally can instead".
    I'm only staying with this job due to the experience gained from it and the fact that in the area I live, it's hard to find another job and I don't want to be unemployed. I'm planning on moving anyways so I'm just going to do what I must until that time comes.

Appreciate your employees.
    Have a more realistic pay structure.
    Have realistic expectations.
    If all you care about is money, don't even bother setting up in small, low-income towns.
    Don't tell your photographers to talk other professionals, usually with more experience than most photographers with Mom365, down.
    Yes, some professionals DO offer high-priced photo packages - but they have much more skill, have spent far more money on equipment, and are actual studio photographers instead of hospital photographers. If you want to have packages worthy of the price - hire people with the skill to reflect the price.

Great experience photographing baby and mom.

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer/Field Trainer in Mineola, NY
    Former Employee - Newborn Photographer/Field Trainer in Mineola, NY

I worked at Mom365 part-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you love babies and photography this is a great part-time job.

Cons

Commission only. District Manager expects you to return emails to team and trainers off the clock, at home. If there are no babies to be photographed on your scheduled shift you will not make money on that day. If you are legitimately ill, and do your best to get a teammate to cover your shift, But cannot, the District Manager will demand you go into the hospital to work your shift and photograph the new born babies.

Being a bully is not a characteristic of great leadership skills. If an employee is legitimately ill they should not be forced to work their shift and contaminate a new born baby (and the mother). An hourly wage should be enforced along with commission to cover slow shifts and working after hours returning emails and submitting reports.