Momentive Performance Materials

Be The First To
Add Photos

Momentive Performance Materials Chairman & CEO Craig O. Morrison

Craig O. Morrison

Fun place to work, good learning experience, but most are overworked and underpaid

Production Engineer (Former Employee)
    Waterford, NY

ProsA lot of the teams and employees are great to work with, get on their good side and they will do anything for you. Not super professional environment so make sure you have a good sense of humor. Tons to learn and lots of opportunities to make improvements. Opportunities for advancement, but the process takes longer than it used to.

ConsBad labor relations, constant threats of strikes, etc. Low pay, long hours. Company not willing to spend money on projects or on its employees. Apollo management bled them dry, hopefully they get bought out by someone who wants to run a chemical company, not an investment portfolio.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove relations with the union, figure out your finances, and show more appreciation for your employees.

Sink or Swim... Good Luck!

Marketing (Former Employee)
    Waterford, NY

ProsEvery employee I worked with was intelligent, hard working and cared about his or her job performance. Most (non-represented) employees are given a "long leash" to learn and grow professionally.

ConsDue to the high debt it's carrying, the company is headed for bankruptcy. This means few raises and even fewer opportunities internally for growth. Most employees work long hours. The company talks about employees achieving a Work-Life Balance but it's just talk. The company is so large that "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing" (poor internal communication). No training department.

Advice to Senior ManagementTEAMWORK is key. Share goals with your teams. Work together. Communicate more internally.

Six Sigma Project Analyst, Leader

Six Sigma Project Analyst, Leader (Former Employee)
    Strongsville, OH

ProsWarm team and very professional

ConsNo cons about this employer

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Large company experience. International experience. What not to do type of experience.

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGood benefits. Competitive salaries.

ConsYears of bad decisions (losses year after year) has contributed toward a very discouraged workforce.

Advice to Senior ManagementFile for bankruptcy and restructure the debt. Come out of it with a fighting chance at success.

Runaway train

Willoughby, OH

ProsHuge Potential for success. Outstanding pay and benefits package. Untapped avenues for product that could generate fabulous revenues.

ConsSo thin in the office and many of those that are there have no idea what to do or are responsible for more than any human could possibly accomplish. Need to learn management skills and appoint frontline leadership to get the most out of the workforce. To many old time GE employees that should be retired hanging on for the free ride. No visible communication as to where, if anywhere, that the company is headed. Far too much waste.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevise a forward plan and initiate it and for gods sake get input from those that have been working for you for over 20 years. Facility upkeep is abysmal for a semiconductor quality quartz producer.

I been work for material and property and administration for 3 years

Material Administration (Former Employee)
    Middle City East, PA

ProsI like this job and I have experience with it

ConsI been work with KBR IV in Iraq and URS/Berger

Advice to Senior ManagementI experience with this job

There is Life after Momentive

Just A Number (Former Employee)
    Waterford, NY

ProsWas close to home that's about it.

ConsTo many clueless Managers running the plant . EHS leadership is a joke. Everyone is running scared and the decision making shows it.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no advice because Management thinks they are above everyone and better. I guess that's why GE left them there. The cream of the crop in there own minds.

Intern

ProsNice colleague. Good working environment.

ConsPublic transportation near company is not very good.

Life Support

Operator (Current Employee)
    Waterford, NY

ProsBeen here long time...may as well enjoy the ride until the ship sinks!

ConsIt's like a body on life support..we keep pumping the heart to circulate blood and make sure it's getting an adequate amount of O2 ...but there's still no brain function.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the fat...This place saw double digit growth with a hundred less leaders. You created a training department more dysfunctional than the public school system. Return to real on the floor leadership. You can't run a chemical plant from a fancy office. Our safety deptment is run like a gameshow while the safety violations go ignored.

Technical Service Chemist

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou are challenged to grow and learn new things

ConsConcerns over long term finacial outlook

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out from the huge debt

Worked for Momentive Performance Materials? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Momentive Performance Materials reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Momentive Performance Materials CEO Craig O. Morrison. All 35 reviews posted anonymously by Momentive Performance Materials employees.