MonaVie

MonaVie Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Mauricio Bellora

Long-time distributor

Bronze Distributor (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsAmazing products choices and great compensation plan in this company. If you want to look younger and feel good, then these products are for you! And once you're in, you may as well do business with them to get your products for free.

ConsPeople's mentality is hard to change, so many avoid getting into the business of community commerce or network marketing. However, you can remain just a customer and keep yourself and your family healthy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being real and lead this company into a healthier future!

Slow Downward Slide

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome great people are working here, they are really talented and can do amazing things. Compensation was good.

ConsC level management cannot deal with disagreement. Ideas that are not in line with their line of thinking are considered confrontational and result in discipline.

VP and Presidents were not given the freedom or authority to fix problems, but were blamed for failures anyway.

The MLM structure does not do anyone any favors. If a product is good enough to sell it shouldn't need the extra baggage and cost of a MLM structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening, concentrate on real growth, not the temporary spikes that are unsustainable.

Good stepping stone

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe training and the benefits were good, but the leadership was just okay. They tried to give back to the community and they tried to make peoples dreams come true.

ConsThe company used to be very generous and created a great culture, but that didn't last too long. Once Management gave a younger family member a chance to honor the family name.....While the young family member made significant gains in operation efficiency, he ruined the whole Support Department. Once the best support center in the state with the lowest turn over rates was dwindled down to just a couple of the same employees.

The CEO did try to pull a good to great on the company as he often spoke about, but I wouldn't say the people who left were the wrong people on the bus. There really isn't much you can do with the low paying positions though so I couldn't say I had a better answer.

I experienced this a couple of years ago. Def take my review with a grain a salt and see whats happening there currently.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being positive to life as you tough many to do.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

MonaVie is a good company to work for but the network marketing business model is semi-predatory in nature.

Customer Support (Former Employee)
    South Jordan, UT

ProsThe compensation is above average and there are opportunities for promotion within the company. Many people have moved up into different ranks. There usually was a need for competent IT personnel and programmers since they were hard to keep. The customer service department can work from home which is a big plus. It seems like with the new leadership taking hold they are eliminating some of the problems.

ConsMonaVie has tried to reinvent itself several times over the past 3 years. This has lead to somewhat of an identify crisis and there has been a big turn over in management. The pace of new initiatives has been somewhat frantic and helter-skelter which has created the feeling of always being in emergency mode. The biggest negative about working for MonaVie or any network marketing company in general is the failure rate of distributors. It is difficult to see how few distributors actually make money and most of the hype and the hope that is sold doesn't pan out. The business model seems quite flawed since so few distributors actually make money.

Never felt secure...

Compliance Specialist (Former Employee)
    South Jordan, UT

ProsAllowed telecommuting, good benefits, in-house health clinic. Occasionally got to travel to foreign countries when we were opening up a new market.

ConsAlways big changes around the corner. Never felt secure in employment. Cut out basic break room supplies like paper plates, plastic utensils, etc... The company made lots of backroom deals with big time distributors that were forbidden to the average distributor. Lack of ethics.

The Story of the Once Was Great now What?

Supply Management (Former Employee)

ProsCafeteria on Site
    Starting to invest in Leadership Training (weekly session)
    Health Benefits, Medical on site, The Basics

ConsSalary lower then average
    Tactical company day to day, no strategy, and their plans seem to be more throw stuff up on the wall and see what happens. Weak people on C Level and in Regional roles. Politics, typical MLM BS, whatever happened to good quality service and product and operations? This place has so many problems it's almost impossible to prioritize what to do next. The good news is if you are willing to help fix them you have a job as long as they are around. This is a weird place to work if you are not from the Utah LDS Breed or Right Wing Conservatism mixed with Holy Acai Juice that is really powder that may or may not be healthy.
    Old Technology and Innovation is lacking. They had to outsource jobs to keep cost in control and also removed a lot of jobs in 2013 and early 2014. The problem is they didn't get rid of people that caused the downslide of the company and cash problems. They are still there acting like everything is ok and it isn't.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the advice of your Turnaround Experts and Advisory Board. Mynt may make it but right now only popular in limited single wards in Utah County. The rest of this mess we just need to clean up and get some talent and expertise to make things happen quickly before we run out of time and money completely. Fire Brasil Management and start over. Fire EU Management and Start over, Fire 3 people on C level that are not "Mynt" qualified and too old to even turn on facebook on their mobile.

Decent Company to work for, terrible senior management.

IT Analyst (Current Employee)
    South Jordan, UT

ProsFree monthly product, tuition reimbursement, relaxed environment, awesome middle management

ConsLeaders micromanage because they don't trust middle management to manage projects, no standardized processes (frequent chaos), leaders are swayed by peer pressure to make bad decisions (this is slowly improving), redundant use of multiple systems to achieve the same goal,

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees to do their jobs or find new ones, don't do it for them.

It has been great working here, and I would recommend it to anyone. But please read the cons.

Software Developer III (Current Employee)
    South Jordan, UT

ProsGreat company to work for, nice people, understanding, and very helpful.

ConsThe upper management is not the smartest, and they have not been doing very well financially.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees a little more.

layoffs before christmas is unethical

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

Prosclose commute, good office, but this is not an advantage for the company, just to a landlord

Consmanagement does not know what they are doing

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement is terrible, unexperienced, go to school

Basic call center

Customer Support (Current Employee)
    South Jordan, UT

ProsThe Medical benefits are good, there are also on site doctors, and a cafe that gives employees a discount. There is also an option to work from home which is nice.

ConsThe Management is okay, it seems the call center has no value to upper management and they don't care much about the people there. Direct management doesn't care much about its people either. The culture sucks, and so does the salary and compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about the employees more, change the culture to be a fun environment rather than stressful one. Better compensation.4

Worked for MonaVie? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MonaVie reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MonaVie CEO Mauricio Bellora. All 34 reviews posted anonymously by MonaVie employees.