Monaco Coach

Updated May 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert Riiska

good company to work for, however the towable plant closed

Plant Controller (Current Employee) Elkhart, IN

Prosgood work like balance,
    great management team caring and personable
    good set of employee.
    training above

ConsThe towable plant close. putting 100 people out of work without notice

Was Great While It Lasted

Production (Former Employee)

ProsI woked for them for over 30 years and still would be if hadn't closed.

ConsPlant was closed not once but twice.

Unstable company to work for.

Cabinet Staining (Former Employee) Coburg, OR

ProsAt one point I loved working at Monaco. They offered great training, and incentive programs.

ConsBecame a very unstable company to work for. Was constantly being played off, and then called back to work. I originally fealt this would be the company that I would retire from, just to be one of hundreds permanently played off when the company moved to Indiana. Too bad the higher ups couldn't get their heads out of their rears, and sacrifice a little to keep the company alive.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo real advice considering the company is no longer.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great company with highly skilled workers dedicated to customer satisfaction.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat customer service, super products

Consinvolved in bankruptcy due to the economy and then bought out by a company that did not fully understand the RV industry

One of the best RV companies in the industry when I was with them.

Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThey produce fantastic products and have a very loyal customer base. They had one of the premier dealer networks in the industry. Fantastic sales teams!

ConsCompany is different now than when I worked there. They went through bankruptcy where then owner by Navistar and I believe are now owner by another group that also owns Fleetwood.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't know enough about their situation now to comment

Excellent experience at Monaco. Great opportunity to grow and succeed.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Coburg, OR

ProsExcellent management team.
    Good benefits.
    Room for advancement.

ConsOften times there's drama between individuals.
    Can work very long hours at times.

Get in, get experience, get out!

Bill of Materials (Former Employee) Coburg, OR

ProsMonaco is a good place to work right after school; a place to build some experience.

ConsLow employee moral. Most people hate their job. Jobs, promotions, salaries, and raises are given to those who have a personal advantage; a relation or "buddy" to management. Very much a "boys club" atmosphere. You are either "in" or "out". Management is unprofessional often putting their employees in awkward work situations. Poor benefit package.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire experienced and educated managers to lead the company. This includes current Vice Presidents. Hire from outside the company to bring in fresh ideas. Pay employees what they are worth and treat them with respect. There are alot of good employees just waiting to work their best for you. Treat them well, lead them well and they will follow. Great management leads to a great company.

The industry is drowning.

Supervisor (Current Employee) Elkhart, IN

ProsWhen the industry is strong they are a front runner. The checks are still clearing the bank.

ConsThis company is production driven with little or no thought given to the changes that are made and how it effects the level of service can be provided after the units are delivered. When sales are down the service is what will seperate this company from the others. The mantra is "We are better than most of the competition". Why not seperate and lead the pack rather than just keep ahead of the competition. Become proactive rather than reactive to market forces. Upper management does not realize the tasks that are required to implement the daily objectives of many departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your mid level management and use their knowledge to advance the company rather than ignore their ideas as not worthy of implementation.

Worked for Monaco Coach? Contribute to the Community!