Monarch HealthCare

Updated Jan 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great company that really cares for their customers and employees

Software Developer (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsManagement is one of the best I've had. Everyone has a deep knowledge of their work. Most employees have been for a while in the company and it feels like a community. This is one of those companies where meetings are productive and things get done right. People are very respectful and you your work is appreciated.

ConsI left after almost three years because I had the need to different technology challenges There were a limited number of projects that I could work on.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to have one on one with employees to listen their career goals so the company can provide new challenging diverse projects so they can work on

Favoritism, throw under the bus atmosphere, poor nurse relationships

Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

Prossalary is decent, for the industry

ConsUnless you are related to someone in upper management, or have years of seniority, be prepared to be shark bait for anyone looking to step on your fingers to keep themselves afloat. Management and HR very unprofessional. Its clear you need to "play the game", or be eaten by the clique. Firings very frequently, for no apparent reason. Scary place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe take some advice from your new owner, United Healthcare. This isn't an OC clique....its a professional medical management group. Try acting as such. You cant survive using these tactics.

You can do better. Trust me.

Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsBenifits are decent. That's about it.

ConsNo room for advancement unless you're one of managers/directors favorite. This place allows sexual harassment to happen,

Advice to Senior ManagementSelling to United was the beginning of the end. One male manager walks around wearing makeup and womens clothes on...creepy.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I like it

Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsThey look after their employees, they take us seriously. Everyone is treated well regardless of the role they play within the company. They are aware when the work loads are heavy and try to alleviate it, but they won't hire quantity unskilled people over quality people. They'd rather work short and find us good employees to help, which I appreciate.

ConsIt can get busy and hectic, although it is not that bad compared to previous areas of health care I have worked in.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to use our feedback for improvement. Continue to show appreciation for staff. Honestly, the methods and ways the company uses are great. Don't change it!

Very bad place to work. Don't spoil your career.

Manager, Operations (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsThey have 9/80 program other than that I don't see any positive things with the company.

ConsVery stinky place to work if you are a IT professional.
    Managers are not experienced and not professional.
    They fire people almost every week without any reason.
    They recruit people with false promises.
    Benefits are very poor, you pay almost everything from your pocket.

Advice to Senior ManagementThat can't be corrected as they made it that way and wishing to make that way.

Not a great place to work if your in IT

Irvine, CA

Pros- Talented staff (if they stay that is -- most are looking to move in the next year)

Cons- No respect for IT
    - No leadership or vision
    - Lots of empty promises

Advice to Senior Management- Stop favoritism from management (specifically the IT director)
    - Treat the technology team like they actually know what they are doing
    - Treat team as people... not just workers

Worked for Monarch HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Monarch HealthCare reviews and ratings in Irvine, CA. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Monarch HealthCare employees.