Mondelez International

Updated August 19, 2014

3.1

Mondelez International Chairman & CEO Irene Rosenfeld
Irene Rosenfeld

Pros
  • Pays well and job schedule/ work life balance is very reasonable (in 13 reviews)

• great people, great brands, nice working atmosphere (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It is hard to keep a work-life balance, HR area should focus on people interests as well as budget accomplisment (in 6 reviews)

• Extreme short term focus overshadowing long term goals (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Administrative Assistant position was well defined, and I had freedom to manage my own schedule.

Former Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Deerfield, IL
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Deerfield, IL

I worked at Mondelez International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome office in Deerfield, very well set up for employee comfort including massage chairs and stand up desks available. Also have expresso coffee machines--free coffee always. We had on-site help desk for any IT issues, and ergonomic seating, good lighting. Close free parking, great cafeteria, I was a contractor, but thought management treated everyone with respect. We had many parties, celebrations, and lunch-time educational sessions always included a free lunch. Mondelez is a very generous company (offshoot of Kraft Foods)

Cons

People are so busy that they did not leave the building very often. Also the open seating is good but sometimes it gets so noisy that it is difficult to hear if you are in a meeting. Not too many cons!

It was hard to be a contractor and know I would be leaving because I made great friends. I think you lose some great hard-working potential employees by using so many contract positions. I wanted to stay so badly and they did pay me well.

Great Company

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Aberdeen, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Aberdeen, NC

I have been working at Mondelez International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent Pay, Company Vehicle, great incentives to over achieve. Work at your own pace and have the opportunity to make your own schedule. Go in as early as you please in order to get off earlier in the day. Great benefit package for Full-Time employees. Great products to work with; Chips Ahoy!, Oreos, Ritz, etc..

Cons

Objectives can be a little high at times, but they are doable.

Live the values you so profess

Current Employee - District Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - District Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Mondelez International for more than 5 years

Pros

Comprehensive medical/dental program. Bonus potential is available for quarter and annual basis as well as miscellaneous incentives from time to time.

Cons

Culture has been consistently eroding over the past two years as Mondelez International was spun off from Kraft Foods. Company does not demonstrate the high levels of integrity they profess on paper. Employees are stuck dealing with corp decisions that should be dealt with at a much higher level than the field. Budgets have taken over and have ruined the great in store service once known for. RVP's and up have become more dictorial than every before. Company does not put resources into their people. Bonuses are a thing of the past as that savings now goes to the bottom line.

Look for the best person to fill the job and not focus so much on the diversity factor. Diversity will always take over as the decision factor at Mondelez International for new hires/promotions.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Rep

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Mondelez International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company car can be used for personal use

Cons

Too much pressure from management. Management never helps out.

Senior associate brand manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  East Hanover, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ

I have been working at Mondelez International full-time

Pros

Co workers are fun to be around and most cross functional members are excellent in their work and work ethic. nice office setting, free snacks floating around all the time

Cons

Political environment, you need to spend time networking on top of your normal responsibilities. Experience can vary greatly based on your manager. Difficult to get ahead

Allow for great thinking, too much rushing to complete tasks and not enough time for true strategy

Great if you have a degree...

I have been working at Mondelez International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits are decent although paid for through regular payroll deductions. Plenty of PTO. Work-Life balance is important unless taken advantage of. Opportunity to work from home one or several days per week. Lots of community involvement by employees.

Cons

If you do not have a college degree...keep looking elsewhere. I was lucky to get hired almost 20 years ago just because I took a skills test through a temp agency. Difficult to advance without having at least a BS even though you've proven yourself to be self-teaching and can apply that knowledge. Recent college grads are preferred over anyone with years of experience and no degree.

Please don't overlook the value of more experienced potential employees or promotable employees. A degree from a high priced college doesn't necessarily mean intelligence and good character. From what I've witnessed coming through here in the past few years, the only thing a degree means is arrogance.

Sales

Current Employee - Sales  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Sales in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Mondelez International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Do what you wish when you wish to do it

Cons

Zero chance for movement upward! Unless your an intern then you need to know nothing, learn nothing, add zero value, and boom your moving on up to the east side

Get your H.R. and core priorities inline! You say inspire trust lol act like an owner lol lies lies lies

Could be OK Depending on Who You Work With

Current Employee - PT Merchandiser  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - PT Merchandiser in Boston, MA

I have been working at Mondelez International part-time for more than a year

Pros

I work another full time job so the flexibility here is great, also the pay was decent for a part time gig.

Cons

The mileage program can stink if they give you only one store. My first manager was good but the new one they brought in was terrible, wasn't willing to work with you and only communicated when he needed you for something. Any concerns I had were never addressed. Also some sales reps were real bad and ready to throw you under the bus, but most were really good if you just did what they asked.

Treat your employees with respect and be willing to work with them. If you have any issues with them you should work it out.

Out of touch, unreasonable expectations, shareholders and customers are the only ones valued.

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Mondelez International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

M-F work week with the weekends and Holidays off. Company car with gas card for personal use. Flexibility to adjust your start time. Work independently on a daily basis.

Cons

Pay, benefits are low quality, dealing with abusive store personnel, unattainable sales goals, no room for error mentality, constant change, poor leadership, almost no training or employee development, EXTREMELY STRESSFUL, physically demanding work, all changes or cuts come at the sales rep's expense.

As of late, this has been a disorganized place to work. The opportunities for advancement have declined, the future does not look hopeful. Please put some focus back into your employees.

Sometimes it's a downer to have a college degree & be stocking shelves...

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Mondelez International full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is great--the company car with unlimited personal use and gas 100% paid for is awesome too. Some days can be super long, but others are fairly short.

Cons

Honestly, I hate it that I have to stock shelves. Customers are so rude to you because they think you're some Walmart employee... It sucks.

Worked for Mondelez International? Contribute to the Community!