Mondelez International

Updated October 19, 2014
3.1

Mondelez International Chairman & CEO Irene Rosenfeld
Irene Rosenfeld

Pros
  • Work-Life balance is important unless taken advantage of (in 14 reviews)

• Great brands, great history (Nabisco) and most categories are sustainable long term in the eyes of the consumer (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Many tight deadlines that need to be met, high workload, bad work-life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Extreme short term focus overshadowing long term goals (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Decent company for an internship

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Loves Park, IL
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Loves Park, IL

I worked at Mondelez International as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Most employees and management are very approachable and willing to help learn. The work load is about right and interns are allowed to take on projects if they would like. Management is very understanding of time-off request for good reasons. Pay is good.

Cons

Work hours are generally expected to be 45-50 hours a week. Some older workers are set in their ways and are resistant to change. Some other workers are passive aggressive towards younger employees.

Growing company with advancement opportunities

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Mondelez International part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am currently a PT merchandiser for Mondelez International and I can see growth and advancement opportunites within the organization. The upper management is fairly new, but they have drive and are on board with a total team effort. They are not caught up in titles, just getting the job done.

Cons

Relocation may be required fro some promotion opportunities.

Look at a car allowance with increased salaries instead of company car.

Run away as fast as you can...the place is in a mess and you never know what and when is the next blow up...

I have been working at Mondelez International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great brands..some very good people. Great portfolio of brands...that are under invested. Growth potential is huge if the company gets its act together.

Cons

But leadership is directionless...under tremendous investor pressure. Looks like 1 or 2 big investors are doing back seat driving while Management pretends to be in charge...

Sales Service Representative

Current Employee - Sales Service Representative in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Service Representative in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Mondelez International part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work is more or less easy if you are use to manual labor jobs. The people I work for and with are friendly and understanding. I enjoy the fact that I am not stuck in one place all the time.

Cons

I was hired on as part time, and now that I have been with the company almost a year I have been told there will not be any full time positions available.

Take a better look at some of your Reps store.

little to be desired. Hard work for little pay.

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Mondelez International part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

flexible hours. working in the morning. working alone.

Cons

hours are only given if the salesman brings in more product. No benefits, you use your own car and pays very little in gas. time off is only given if asked. There is no holiday pay or vacation time. hours are not based on your work ethic.

Make pay and time for your worker depend on how hard they work rather on other people's job performance.

Fun at first, but becomes very derivative.

Current Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mondelez International part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you work full-time, you get good benefits, have the weekends off, and have a good opportunity to move up in the company. Most of the time you work by yourself with no one breathing down your neck. Gives you the opportunity to explore the city and suburbs more.

Cons

If you work part-time, you get absolutely no benefits. More than likely you will have to work the weekend. Annual raise can range anywhere from 5-15 cents. There is a waiting list to be promoted to full-time, which takes a while. The company is not well organized and constantly has problems with managing their employees.

Improve your logistics management. It looks very bad for the company when big name accounts have a specific product on sale that does very well in volume, but we are out of stock in the warehouse. As a result, the shelf is empty and the sales rep/merchandiser get an ear full about it from store directors.

Flexability, room for growth.

Former Employee - Sales Service Representative/Customer Service in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Service Representative/Customer Service in Chicago, IL

I worked at Mondelez International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Open to suggestions for you as well as the company. willing to work with you reguarding work hrs.

Cons

Sometimes the physical wear and tear on the body. Also putting wear and tear on your vechical.

Good company, flexible working but less opportunities for growth, management never changes nor provide opportunties

I have been working at Mondelez International full-time

Pros

Flexible working, work/life balance, abundant work and opportunity to learn, good and reasonable pay

Cons

no growth opportunities
    management does not believe in talent but believes only in networking for growth
    philosophy of the management is that anything can be outsourced

Provide opportunities for new talent to grow
    Do not just depend on networking and grapevine

I am very dedicated and love my job! I atrive hard to be a wonderful asset to this company. My heart is in every job.

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Farmington, MO
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Farmington, MO

I have been working at Mondelez International part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love to be in a faced paced environment and love to be moving around. I also love the flexibility of the job considering I have children. However they are all in school and it is very easy to manage. The best place to work for ever! You have to be a trust worthy person and be honest about all you do. It is what you should do. Mondelez puts trust in you so you have to give back as well.

Cons

Learning all the SKU numbers.

A very flexible workplace and I am able to work all days needed fro this company. I would love more hours!

Poor Work-Life Balance

Current Employee - Retail Merchandising Supervisor
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandising Supervisor

I have been working at Mondelez International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities for promotions, but must be willing to relocate often. Great benefits including bonuses, company car, additional incentives, and full health benefits and 401k.

Cons

Worked long hours creating a difficult work-life balance. Driven by shareholders and what is best for the company, not what is best for the employees. Upper management didn't realize the extent of the unhappiness or issues facing a majority of employees in the sales field.