Mondelez International

Updated September 18, 2014
3.1

Mondelez International Chairman & CEO Irene Rosenfeld
Irene Rosenfeld

Pros
  • Pays well and job schedule/ work life balance is very reasonable (in 13 reviews)

• great people, great brands, nice working atmosphere (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It is hard to keep a work-life balance, HR area should focus on people interests as well as budget accomplisment (in 6 reviews)

• Extreme short term focus overshadowing long term goals (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company, flexible working but less opportunities for growth, management never changes nor provide opportunties

I have been working at Mondelez International full-time

Pros

Flexible working, work/life balance, abundant work and opportunity to learn, good and reasonable pay

Cons

no growth opportunities
    management does not believe in talent but believes only in networking for growth
    philosophy of the management is that anything can be outsourced

Provide opportunities for new talent to grow
    Do not just depend on networking and grapevine

I am very dedicated and love my job! I atrive hard to be a wonderful asset to this company. My heart is in every job.

Current Employee - Merchandiser  in  Farmington, MO
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Farmington, MO

I have been working at Mondelez International part-time for less than a year

Pros

I love to be in a faced paced environment and love to be moving around. I also love the flexibility of the job considering I have children. However they are all in school and it is very easy to manage. The best place to work for ever! You have to be a trust worthy person and be honest about all you do. It is what you should do. Mondelez puts trust in you so you have to give back as well.

Cons

Learning all the SKU numbers.

A very flexible workplace and I am able to work all days needed fro this company. I would love more hours!

Poor Work-Life Balance

Current Employee - Retail Merchandising Supervisor
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandising Supervisor

I have been working at Mondelez International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunities for promotions, but must be willing to relocate often. Great benefits including bonuses, company car, additional incentives, and full health benefits and 401k.

Cons

Worked long hours creating a difficult work-life balance. Driven by shareholders and what is best for the company, not what is best for the employees. Upper management didn't realize the extent of the unhappiness or issues facing a majority of employees in the sales field.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lost In Transition

I have been working at Mondelez International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great brands, great history (Nabisco) and most categories are sustainable long term in the eyes of the consumer. Strong pay and benefits package but comes at a cost.

Cons

Organization continues to promise expectations above consumer purchase patterns driving a significant increase in costs. Within the same breath they implement cost cutting strategies without any adjustment to the objective. Senior leadership is lost chasing trough rabbit holes just to justify their commitments to the street. With all that being said they have significant moral issues throughout the organization all while leadership continues to add head count at the top while reducing lower tiers of the organization.

Leadership needs a shake up, not just adding a CGO and other higher level roles. Marketing and product development needs true innovation that does not cannibalize base sales. Calling a line extension incremental over and over will not get it done. In addition the sales organization continues to be rewarded with incentives that drives poor behavior, and then you write them up for doing what you asked them to do (drive sales beyond consumer trends).

Administrative Assistant position was well defined, and I had freedom to manage my own schedule.

Former Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Deerfield, IL
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Deerfield, IL

I worked at Mondelez International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome office in Deerfield, very well set up for employee comfort including massage chairs and stand up desks available. Also have expresso coffee machines--free coffee always. We had on-site help desk for any IT issues, and ergonomic seating, good lighting. Close free parking, great cafeteria, I was a contractor, but thought management treated everyone with respect. We had many parties, celebrations, and lunch-time educational sessions always included a free lunch. Mondelez is a very generous company (offshoot of Kraft Foods)

Cons

People are so busy that they did not leave the building very often. Also the open seating is good but sometimes it gets so noisy that it is difficult to hear if you are in a meeting. Not too many cons!

It was hard to be a contractor and know I would be leaving because I made great friends. I think you lose some great hard-working potential employees by using so many contract positions. I wanted to stay so badly and they did pay me well.

Solid company

Former Employee - Engineer  in  East Hanover, NJ
    Former Employee - Engineer in East Hanover, NJ

I worked at Mondelez International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits with average salary and above average recognition of quality of life outside of work.

Cons

Diversify your range of employees

Management lacks leadership skills, stay away I wish I was warned.

Current Employee - Production Supervisor  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Mondelez International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive pay for area. That is about it for this company, that is in serious need for a complete management overhaul.

Cons

Expect you to live and bleed for this company. So called "leadership team" is out for number one and that's themselves. Zero development, no training and lots of discipline that is rude and very unprofessional.

Step into the twenty-first century and read a book about leadership. Stop micromanaging your supervisors and allow them to do what they were hired to do and that is improve the processes that you have screwed up beyond recognition.

Good possibility to make it a career

I have been working at Mondelez International

Pros

Flexible schedule, fun coworkers, not having a boss looking over your shoulder,

Cons

Not the best pay, if your pt then the hours are random and there's a possibility for a lot to traveling, being a retail job you may have to deal with unreasonable people.

Great Company

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Aberdeen, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Aberdeen, NC

I have been working at Mondelez International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent Pay, Company Vehicle, great incentives to over achieve. Work at your own pace and have the opportunity to make your own schedule. Go in as early as you please in order to get off earlier in the day. Great benefit package for Full-Time employees. Great products to work with; Chips Ahoy!, Oreos, Ritz, etc..

Cons

Objectives can be a little high at times, but they are doable.

Live the values you so profess

Current Employee - District Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - District Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Mondelez International for more than 5 years

Pros

Comprehensive medical/dental program. Bonus potential is available for quarter and annual basis as well as miscellaneous incentives from time to time.

Cons

Culture has been consistently eroding over the past two years as Mondelez International was spun off from Kraft Foods. Company does not demonstrate the high levels of integrity they profess on paper. Employees are stuck dealing with corp decisions that should be dealt with at a much higher level than the field. Budgets have taken over and have ruined the great in store service once known for. RVP's and up have become more dictorial than every before. Company does not put resources into their people. Bonuses are a thing of the past as that savings now goes to the bottom line.

Look for the best person to fill the job and not focus so much on the diversity factor. Diversity will always take over as the decision factor at Mondelez International for new hires/promotions.

Worked for Mondelez International? Contribute to the Community!