Mondo Reviews

Updated April 16, 2015
230 reviews filtered by
4.0
Michael Kirven

Pros
  • There's an unlimited vacation policy (in 8 reviews)

• I could say a million positives about being an Account Director at Mondo (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • As of today I've found no CONs to mention (in 15 reviews)

• It's sink or swim and that's not for everyone (in 5 reviews)

1. Great company with perfect marketing approach...

Current Contractor - Marketing Manager
    Current Contractor - Marketing Manager

I have been working at Mondo as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

As a Marketing Manager on a contract through Mondo, I've been really impressed with all the marketing they have done while I've been working with them. Their website is clean and inviting, there are engaging monthly newsletters to the consultants with information and contests, and i've recently started following their Instagram account.

Cons

See advice to management. No areas for concern otherwise...

Advice to Management

I've read some of the blogs they post. I would love the opportunity to be a write about my experience as one of their consultants who is working in the digital marketing industry. I'm sure others would feel the same way.

Team Lead - Recruiting

Current Employee - Team Lead - Recruiting in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Team Lead - Recruiting in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mondo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity for career growth with a mapped out plan on how to get where you want to go, company perks including: in-house manicures, yearly Club trip, summer half day Fridays (accruing more perks as your tenure grows), opportunities to relocate/open new offices and a good work-hard/play-hard atmosphere in general. Phenomenal CEO.

Cons

It's ultimately a sales organization, so at times it feels like the recruiting side of the business falls below sales in terms of importance despite the need for both to work together equally. It can also be a bit stressful, but that's to be expected in this type of industry.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting career growth to keep your top performers with the company. Also, do not change the culture as you continue to grow as that's what attracts people to Mondo.

Technical Recruiter

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Mondo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great, fast-paced work environment, if you work hard you will see the reward $$$ and promotions. Management is alwasy very helpful and always tries to keep the staff motivating. I love the open communication I have with my manager and I know I can always go to her for any issues I have. They recognize and appreciate hard working motivated people. I actually enjoy going to work everyday. I enjoy the people I work with and always feel accomplished when I leave each day. We are constantly challenged and motivated to learn and grow and step out of our comfort zones to be better recruiters! The training is amazing as well! Im constantly learning and growing every day.

Cons

If you arent ready and willing to work hard and give 100% every day this is not a place for you. We work hard here at Mondo but we also play hard too :)

Advice to Management

None! Keep doing what you are doing and Thank you for all the help and support you have provided along the way!

Fast paced and very rewarding...if you can handle it.

I have been working at Mondo

Pros

Great training and support structures in place. Plenty of money to be made if you can maintain intensity and drive. With the right work ethic, you can make a massive impact as a single contributor/producer.

Cons

Not for the faint of heart. This will be a very stressful and demanding job - You will be on call for your book of business 24/7. But again, the payoff is worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

6. Better than any other agency!

Current Employee - Web Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Web Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Mondo

Pros

I’ve been working with Mondo for a little over 3 months now and the experience has been better than any other agency I’ve worked with. They’ve paid me on time, there’s always someone at the other end of the phone, and I feel like they truly are invested in my success, without me feeling like I’m just a number or a commodity to them. They’re always onsite and bringing coffee, bagels, saying hello and looking for ways to continually improve the experience. I’ve worked for and with a lot of agencies in the past and trust me when I say they don’t truly care about you as a person. It’s all about margins, closing deals, and being a $$$$ sign. Mondo just has something about them that’s different. Whether it’s the people, the culture or just the brand they’ve built.. it’s refreshing. Keep doing what you’re doing!!!

Cons

It's hard to find cons for Mondo!

7. Great Company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Mondo (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been at Mondo for a little over 5 years; I have watched this company grow from one office to now 10 offices across the nation.

Mondo is a very rewarding company, but with rewards one must be able to work hard, nothing is ever handed to you. We stick to the motto “Work hard, play hard”. We must work in order to get the rewards.

A lot of these negative reviews come from people who just wanted the benefits, but were not willing to work towards it. It is a demanding job, but in the long run it is a great career opportunity with fun times.

There is much growth in the company, and there is great knowledge among colleagues, if you ever get stuck on something, someone is always available to help, you are never left to fend for yourself.

Every year they take us away to a Caribbean island for some R&R, what other company does that?

Overall this is a great company with great benefits, you just have to be willing to work towards it,

Cons

Work hard, play hard environment

Advice to Management

Overall this is a great company with great benefits, you just have to be willing to work towards it.

8. Looking to Start your Career? Look Here!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mondo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started working at Mondo fresh out of college and haven' t looked back since. It's been 4 years and I proud to have this establishment on my resume. Growing up, staffing wasn't what I wanted to become or do but I couldn't have asked for a better staffing firm to start with. It feels good to play match maker. We do truly look to find the right talent for the right job. I highly recommend taking a look at Mondo for your next career path!

Cons

At this point in time, I don't have any cons. I thrive in this environment!

Advice to Management

I don't work directly with the upper management team, but I will say I love my direct manager!

9. Who doesn't Love a Challenge?

Current Employee - Account Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Mondo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mondo is a team oriented, goal oriented sales environment that will challenge you day in and day out. You will step out of your comfort zone but the satisfaction of placing someone at a client site, following up and finding out both the client and consultant are happy is an amazing feeling.

Cons

You will do a lot of driving from client site to client site, not necessarily a con but something to mention.

Advice to Management

Nothing at the moment! I'm very happy with my current manager and the upper management team.

10. Great Place to Work!!

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Mondo

Pros

I love working at Mondo. I have grown so much from my first day till now. Learning and meeting so many new people.

Cons

Work hard play hard atmosphere. But you will learn a lot from it.

Advice to Management

Great management with so much opportunity for growth.

11. Account Director

Current Employee - Account Director
    Current Employee - Account Director

I have been working at Mondo full-time

Pros

I completely agree with one of the previous reviews that says Mondo is not a place for in between people - you have to be prepared for a challenge and to step out of your comfort zone, which are the reasons I absolutely LOVE working here, plus the room for growth is unmatched. Mondo has strengthened my work ethic immensely and introduced me to an amazing group of people. I love the culture and the "work hard, play hard" motto is totally my style of doing things.

Cons

It's hard to find cons for Mondo; however, one of the biggest drivers for me to work at Mondo were the incredible benefits and perks (which were non-existent at my previous job) and now they seem to be slowly disappearing...