Moneris Solutions

Add Photos

James W. Baumgartner

Risk Analyst

Risk Analyst (Former Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsAppreicated the pro active approach when company downsized. Had a year's notice which helped make the transition a little easier.

ConsAfter 23 years with company my payband was barely within medium range for my grade level.

Senior Account Manager

Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsGood Benefits, profit sharing and comfortable offices. Restrooms are clean. Opportunity to meet nice people from other companies on the elevator.

ConsToxic environment, poor interdepartmental communications and it is unfortunate because there are people that care but don't matter.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the talk

Rewarding

Director, Credit (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFun, lots of opportunities for growth experience.

ConsMajor rolles limited to Canada

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Safe Place to be

Sales (Current Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsAdequate solutions for the merchant processing market. Relaxed Management style throughout the organization and overall a low-stress place to work.

ConsMoneris is slow to develop new technology for the market and relies very little technology to effectively run the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire or appoint a team to help increase communication throughout the organization and update technology internally/externally to effectively service the customer base.

Equal opportunity employer

ProsIt is one of the few places that I have worked where I felt zero discrimination. I don't feel that being a minority is even an issue.

ConsOffice politics. Everything is getting restructured with out any clear plan of action. Major projects not being well thought out before being put into place. Some managers can be bullies

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together if you want our success to continue.

Racist, abusive, bullying harassing exploitative company with a toxic work environment...Moneris and executives stink!

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsAbsolutely no pros to this POS company..

ConsI was glad to leave. Moneris was a terrible place to work with a high turnover rate and reflects a deeply toxic, abusive and bullying work environment that is encouraged by senior management. I was subject to systemic harassment by my boss. HR is complicit in this by not addressing the toxic work environment and looking the other way; The senior executives are the only ones that are being paid and treated well. Despite Moneris increasing its revenues and profits year after year, most employees lack meaningful raises in salary and have a lack of opportunity to advance; Of concern is a lack of respect for its customers with its high fees and ridiculous requests for Letters of Credit. Too much office politics. The organization and its bullying culture stinks!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the bully culture!!!! The high turnover rate speaks for itself......Pay is poor and below industry standard.

WORSE COMPANY TO WORK FOR! DON'T PLAY WITH YOUR CAREER

Business Support Specialist (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsI do not have any pros for Moneris company

Cons---Don't ruin your career by wasting your time to join Moneris with 6 months probation period where they grind you everyday
    --You will never get through this period and they will fire you
    --too much politics
    --Managers treat you like dirt, they only talk nicely to other managers
    --No support at all with all the mess they are in no body knows who to go for any information
    ---You literally have to beg at the company to survive
    --pay is worse in the market

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should learn to do their job and support and encourage there staff....Or you will have turn over every day...Trust the true people who are working hard.

Company at cross-roads

Manager (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsIndustry leader that is owned by two large Canadian banks provides financial stability. Nice offices that are transit accessible and great people to work with.

ConsPolitical with department alignment sometimes interfering with attaining objectives. Career growth depends more on who than what you know. Frequent re-organizations.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse profits to grow the company through acquisition and developing employees rather than lining the coffers of parent companies.

Very Rewarding

Director (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsVery smart people with exceptional work ethic

ConsDepartment alignment and politics were major obstacles.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet time to be on the same page.

Great learning experience.

Operations Analyst (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsOpportunities to move internally.
    Great work-life balance.

ConsBelow to at market pay rate.
    Slow career progression.
    Low yearly pay increase cap.

Advice to Senior ManagementA higher focus on employee development.
    A higher cap to pay rises.

Worked for Moneris Solutions? Contribute to the Community!