Money Mailer

Updated December 14, 2014
Updated December 14, 2014
2.5

Gary Mulloy

Helpful, yet not long enough

Current Employee - Intern in Cedarburg, WI
    Current Employee - Intern in Cedarburg, WI

I have been working at Money Mailer as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great experience for sales of all kinds. Experience in all stages of the sales process both guided and independently.

Cons

Not a long enough time to really get a feel for the business, and most of the day was in a car making cold calls.

Employment was beneficial but the pay structure needs to be rethought. Shouldn't have to wait for whatever time you feel like to be compensated.

This ship is sinking, run for the hills

Former Employee - Administration in Garden Grove, CA
    Former Employee - Administration in Garden Grove, CA

I worked at Money Mailer

Pros

The people (non management) are cool, and fun to work with. The company has a good core product, and the quality has improved since the company moved to outsourving.

Cons

Management is awful and is only concerned about making money. CEO is a feeble man who has no idea what he's doing

Focus on the long term and stop being so greedy, find a new CEO.

horrible place to work

Former Employee - Administrative in Garden Grove, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Garden Grove, CA

I worked at Money Mailer

Pros

used to be a great company to work for a long time ago when it was run by godfred otuteye

Cons

new ownership is ruthless and inept and has stripped company down to nothing.

Get a new CEO

Good place to work for many.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Money Mailer full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy to sell product, comfortable office and fair pay.

Cons

Slow pace of sale, little vacation and no potential for big pay off.

Flexible vacation time between big deadline gaps.

Print Marketing Company That's Moving Backwards

I worked at Money Mailer

Pros

Fair compensation. New Building. Some great people still work here.

Cons

Money Mailer is a printing company that mails coupons via USPS. Enough said right? Print company = trouble. Relying on USPS = more trouble. Money Mailer really missed the boat a few years ago when it didn't move towards/invest enough into Technology (Internet, Mobile Devices, etc). Companies like Groupon and LivingSocial have now taken over. Only recently did Money Mailer finally release an iPhone App. I still can't figure out why for so many years Money Mailer was against this. They instead came up with worthless ideas like to partner with Cellfire and Google Maps. Only recently did they redo their web site as well. Their former hotcoupons.com site was a joke of a web site that looked like and probably was built in the 90s. Massive layoffs over the past few years have destroyed company morale. The brand new building the company moved into a few years ago is now so empty that the office staff were all forced to relocate upstairs.

Probably too late, but definitely move away from print and more towards the Internet. The USPS will eventually die (contrary to what the new CEO may think). Also, if the new CEO is going to layoff hundreds of people and also force departments to slash budgets, he should't do things like only fly first class, only stay at 5 star hotels, and putting his dog up in a doggie hotel. He travels often and MONEY MAILER PAYS FOR ALL OF THAT!!

What a nightmare!

I worked at Money Mailer

Pros

Don't apply there. If they hire you, you'll be sorry.

Cons

Cut-throat, very depressing place to work. New management has no clue about the company, it will be amazing if they stay afloat.

New management and owners should learn more about the company and how it runs prior to doing mass layoffs willynilly.

AE at Money Mailer

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Money Mailer

Pros

flexiblity, no micro managing, great support and people of ethical values. Everyone is great !

Cons

low base salry compared to other jobs, no 401k matching, medical ok but around $450 for family for hmo.

better training for new employees, sales meetings with peers for additional teamwork

Horrible

I worked at Money Mailer full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Once an ok place to work with average benefits, new owners and CEO destroyed an average place to work into a place nobody wants to be. Morale is in the toilet due to the slashing of almost all benefits and the quest by the new CEO to outsource production. Hard to work in a place for people who want you to lose your job.

Cons

Horrible management, almost no benefits to speak of. Poorly run on a day to day basis. People fired, layed off or the smart ones who found other employment are not replaced or replaced with substandard people from within the company who have no business in the positions they find themselves in. Hated going to work everyday. Salaried employess treated like dirt, told to work 50-70 hours a week.

Go away.

Good Place to work

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Money Mailer

Pros

We have a great product that customers need and like. It is a sales position so the income stream is not limited. The product is as advertised.

Cons

Compensation plans have changed frequently. District Management is great. National management is less than ideal and lacks understanding of the business. We have to do our own ad copy, which ads to our hours of work. I prefer to be a "hunter" and not get bogged down in ad copy. Our competion does not have to do this, they have their own artists, which leaves sales people to do what we do best--sell.

Let the Directors do their job. The VP is ill equipped, which is obvious by the decision to make us do our own ad copy. No other direct mail sales force in the country does this. More time on sales equals more sales.