Money Management International

Updated November 18, 2014
Updated November 18, 2014
3.3

Ivan L.Hand, Jr.

Pros
  • Working at MMI is fulfilling because I am helping people on a daily basis (in 9 reviews)

• MMI strives to be the best non profit accredited credit counseling agency in US (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • As a non-profit organization, salaries are below average (in 8 reviews)

• low pay and the opportunity for advancement is seldom (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great growth opportuntity and great people to work with

I have been working at Money Management International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work life balance and many opportunities for professional development

Cons

lack of accountabiltiy and focus

be more transparent

Improving Lives Through Financial Education

Former Employee - Certified Consumer Credit, Housing and Bankruptcy Counselor in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Money Management International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Management support, MMI is like a family, great training

Cons

It can be stressful dealing with clients in financial distress.

The experience was educational and the culture was inviting.

I worked at Money Management International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The management staff was superb and regularly provided commendation, bonuses, rewards, and opportunities for feedback and growth. The entire staff exhibited a very positive overall personality while maintaining a professional demeanor.

Cons

In my opinion, the compensation plan was adequate, including the bonus structure which was applied in a way so that all employees could avail themselves of the bonus opportunity.

Continue the excellent role of mentoring employees.

Felt rewarded helping others

Current Employee - Financial Counselor in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Financial Counselor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Money Management International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Team unity even though team members were in different states. Management really cares!

Cons

Not able to physically see manager or team members. Alone in the branch office.

Invest in equipment to have a once a month skype meeting so team members are visibly see each other.

En Enjoyed my time thereEnjoy

Former Employee - Support in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Support in Denver, CO

I worked at Money Management International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Enjoyed the co workers, good people. Treated me like family, got along well with pretty much everyone, everyone there when I left were life timers. I was left alone to do my job, didn't have anyone looking over my shoulder, respected my expertise and experience.

Cons

Some coworkers were more interested in avoiding work than doing the work after so many years on the job, got the sense they felt entitled to slack off when they wanted.

Upper management at my location were people I worked with for years and always had my back, can't say enough good things about them.

The success and happiness of the clients is the most rewarding.

Current Employee - Credit Counselor
    Current Employee - Credit Counselor

Pros

non-profit company that does GOOD work for our communities and clients. The good work makes it worth some of the stress.

Cons

hard to advance; supervisor and management positions are rare openings. Average Salary seems less than average for starting counselors for consumer credit counseling.

Increase base counselor salaries

Fulfilling place to work

I have been working at Money Management International full-time

Pros

The mission and culture is inspiring. It's fulfilling to help people for a living.

Cons

A bigger paycheck would be nice. But who doesn't want that?

Empowering and Supportive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

I have been working at Money Management International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The reason I have stayed with MMI for so long is the support of my management team. You are not just an employee, if you show genuine interest for what you do they will support you and help develop you both personally and professionally. And my boss - she always has my back - how many people can actually say that....EXACTLY!!! The staff here is great too - work is my home away from home and I am glad to have this family.

Cons

Who doesn't want to make more money?

Keep making the changes necessary to keep us at the top of our game. The better we do, the more opportunities for ourselves and our employees.

Working at MMI is fulfilling, it offers an opportunity to learn something new every day.

Pros

Working at MMI gives me the opportunity to positively impact the lives of others. When families have financial hardships, they generally have other problems that stem from the financial challenges. Helping them gain control of their finances, positively impacts the other areas of their life.

Cons

Families burdened by debt can become stressed and people under stress are not always the easiest to deal with. At times, this can be challenging but most people are grateful when they realize we are truly here to help them.

No specific advice for upper management.

Fulfilling work with passionate people

I have been working at Money Management International full-time

Pros

Working at MMI is fulfilling because I am helping people on a daily basis. There are opportunities for advancement and recognition. Management encourages personal and professional growth, with the ability to contribute to other areas of the organization that you may be interested in even if it doesn't fit in your job description. A lot of employees have been at MMI forever. Plus, the benefits are decent for a nonprofit.

Cons

Pay isn't very high, but it is a nonprofit. No consistency in management styles across the organization. The website is always broken and clients complain about it alot

Listent to counselors more. Fix the website.