Money Management International
www.moneymanagement.org Houston, TX 500 to 999 Employees

Money Management International Reviews

Updated May 25, 2014
Money Management International – Phumĭ Phniĕt – “my photo”

Ivan L.Hand, Jr.

Pros:
  • "Helping people move beyond bankruptcy and restore their credit was a feel-good experience"
    in 8 reviews
  • "MMI strives to be the best non profit accredited credit counseling agency in US"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "As a non-profit organization, salaries are below average"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Must be able to accept daily harassment and verbal abuse to meet sales goals"
    in 2 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Improving Lives Through Financial Education

Certified Consumer Credit, Housing and Bankruptcy Counselor (Former Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsManagement support, MMI is like a family, great training

ConsIt can be stressful dealing with clients in financial distress.

The experience was educational and the culture was inviting.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe management staff was superb and regularly provided commendation, bonuses, rewards, and opportunities for feedback and growth. The entire staff exhibited a very positive overall personality while maintaining a professional demeanor.

ConsIn my opinion, the compensation plan was adequate, including the bonus structure which was applied in a way so that all employees could avail themselves of the bonus opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the excellent role of mentoring employees.

Felt rewarded helping others

Financial Counselor (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsTeam unity even though team members were in different states. Management really cares!

ConsNot able to physically see manager or team members. Alone in the branch office.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in equipment to have a once a month skype meeting so team members are visibly see each other.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

En Enjoyed my time thereEnjoy

Support (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsEnjoyed the co workers, good people. Treated me like family, got along well with pretty much everyone, everyone there when I left were life timers. I was left alone to do my job, didn't have anyone looking over my shoulder, respected my expertise and experience.

ConsSome coworkers were more interested in avoiding work than doing the work after so many years on the job, got the sense they felt entitled to slack off when they wanted.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management at my location were people I worked with for years and always had my back, can't say enough good things about them.

The success and happiness of the clients is the most rewarding.

Credit Counselor (Current Employee)

Prosnon-profit company that does GOOD work for our communities and clients. The good work makes it worth some of the stress.

Conshard to advance; supervisor and management positions are rare openings. Average Salary seems less than average for starting counselors for consumer credit counseling.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease base counselor salaries

Fulfilling place to work

ProsThe mission and culture is inspiring. It's fulfilling to help people for a living.

ConsA bigger paycheck would be nice. But who doesn't want that?

Empowering and Supportive

Warwick, RI

ProsThe reason I have stayed with MMI for so long is the support of my management team. You are not just an employee, if you show genuine interest for what you do they will support you and help develop you both personally and professionally. And my boss - she always has my back - how many people can actually say that....EXACTLY!!! The staff here is great too - work is my home away from home and I am glad to have this family.

ConsWho doesn't want to make more money?

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep making the changes necessary to keep us at the top of our game. The better we do, the more opportunities for ourselves and our employees.

Working at MMI is fulfilling, it offers an opportunity to learn something new every day.

ProsWorking at MMI gives me the opportunity to positively impact the lives of others. When families have financial hardships, they generally have other problems that stem from the financial challenges. Helping them gain control of their finances, positively impacts the other areas of their life.

ConsFamilies burdened by debt can become stressed and people under stress are not always the easiest to deal with. At times, this can be challenging but most people are grateful when they realize we are truly here to help them.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo specific advice for upper management.

Fulfilling work with passionate people

ProsWorking at MMI is fulfilling because I am helping people on a daily basis. There are opportunities for advancement and recognition. Management encourages personal and professional growth, with the ability to contribute to other areas of the organization that you may be interested in even if it doesn't fit in your job description. A lot of employees have been at MMI forever. Plus, the benefits are decent for a nonprofit.

ConsPay isn't very high, but it is a nonprofit. No consistency in management styles across the organization. The website is always broken and clients complain about it alot

Advice to Senior ManagementListent to counselors more. Fix the website.

Engage workplace I have worked for.

Certified Credit Counselor (Current Employee)

ProsMMI strives to be the best non profit accredited credit counseling agency in US. Company's culture is very diverse with numerous supportive, intelligent, and caring employees from management to its workers. We as a company strive to give our clients our dedicated time, empathy and knowledge to help with their financial or housing dilema. This day and change its hard to find employers who truly care about your well being.

ConsJust like with every employment, there are constant changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep employees aware of changes and please be flexible if the process doesn't go as smoothly as intended. With changes, there are bound to be some obstacles that we have to get pass in order for us to succeed as a whole.

Worked for Money Management International? Contribute to the Community!

Money Management International Videos

Money Management International – Why Work for Us?

At Money Management International (MMI), our mission is to improve lives through financial education. MMI is the largest nonprofit, full-service credit counseling agency in the United States. Since 1958, we have been… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Money Management International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Money Management International CEO Ivan L.Hand, Jr. All 53 reviews posted anonymously by Money Management International employees.