Money Management International Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Ivan L.Hand, Jr.

Pros
  • Pay is on par with other call center positions, and as an employee at a non-profit you do get the daily satisfaction of truly helping people (in 10 reviews)

• Friendly coworkers, compensation was decent for a non profit and the dress code was laid back (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • As a non-profit organization, salaries are below average (in 8 reviews)

• Very limited room for advancement (in 3 reviews)

Unethical Company that scams DO NOT WORK HERE!

Former Employee - Counselor I in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Counselor I in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Money Management International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Non-Profit but acts like a for profit.

Cons

Starting a job thinking that I would be helping others with their finances. First day on the job find out that I was working remotely without a trainer on site and had me set up a computer, by myself no IT help without notifying beforehand. Fourth day of training told me that I needed to get a counselor certification within four days ( very tough tests with 6 books 56 pages each book) that was never explained in detail during the hiring process. Now I'm waiting them to pay me for the week I worked before I was let go for not completing the certification they did not tell me about. Worst job experience of my life! Save yourself time and money, do not work for MMI!

Advice to Management

Tell new hires that they will be working ALONE before they agree to something. Explain the NFCC certification process in detail before you employ someone, so they do not waste their time! Unethical Practices

2. HR Coordinator

Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Money Management International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good management, enjoyable atmosphere, great people who have what's needed to help the clients without making them feel bad about their situation. Non-profit org who's employees believe in what they are doing makes a difference and helps change peoples' lives for the better. A lot of long time employees. Mgmt tries to keep employees informed of business issues.

Cons

Sometimes news given does not reflect or support actions taken. New business ventures seem to take too long to implement. Front line managers can create an appearance of favoritism and clicks with direct reports.

Advice to Management

Maintain a more business type relationship with direct reports, walk the talk, ensure transparency in decisions that affect the employees

3. Great community outreach job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Money Management International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work with good people on staff. Get to work with the community and people who care about making the community better.

Cons

Erratic hours and always at the mercy of grants. Constant restructuring to accommodate funding fluctuations.

Advice to Management

Keep on getting the grant money in, but make some of the outreach tied to other $$s where possible.

Telephone Bankruptcy Counselor

Former Employee - Certified Credit Counselor in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Certified Credit Counselor in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Money Management International (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good training program. Became certified credit counselor. Annual review with decent pay increases paralleled to performance. I performed well so advanced decently. Small bonus at Christmas and other giveaways.

Cons

Very liberally minded company to work for. It is a non profit and depends on government funding. Starting pay is very low, and its a 24/7 operation. Therefore must bid schedule.

Advice to Management

More respect and consideration should be given to the employees.

Do not care about employees

I have been working at Money Management International full-time

Pros

They do their best to help people out of tough financial situations

Cons

Do not care about their employees, no potential for growth, the managers will make it seem like it's your responsibility to bring in clients. Pay is horrible, less than what some fast food workers make.

Advice to Management

It's all about people, product, and process. You need to recognize that without employees there would be no company.

Commissionless sales

Former Employee - Credit Counselor, HPF Counselor in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Credit Counselor, HPF Counselor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Money Management International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Rewarding calls if you can actually help somebody. Relaxing quiet call canter. You gain a lot of credit etc knowledge through training and constant uptraining.

Cons

Sales environment, but no commission. Medical/ dental very expensive...micro managing. The managers and supervisors are all connected, you will never advance, not even to supervisor unless you know someone or have sex with them.

Advice to Management

This is a non-profit, and the year they laid me off, the CEO Ivan Hand made about $650k

Challenged IT Management

I have been working at Money Management International full-time

Pros

laid back environment, flexible schedule, high use of telecommuting, good people. good spot if you aren't looking for career building.

Cons

IT management is challenged in several ways from project management skills, understanding current trends and technology, and lack of vision for the environment and future.

9. Very nice experience

Pros

Interesting job, respect, opportunities, loyalty

Cons

None, very nice working environment

Advice to Management

None

10. Great management team

Current Employee - Supervisor in North Scituate, RI
    Current Employee - Supervisor in North Scituate, RI

I have been working at Money Management International (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule and no weekends

Cons

Pay scale should have been higher.

Overworked employees who are paid poorly

I have been working at Money Management International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Helping consumers achieve their goals

Cons

Company has been laying off staff for more than a year, which means more work for those of us still here No raises for several years. The pitiful "bonus" of 2% is insulting given how many of the senior staff make more than 6 figures

Advice to Management

Carve out more money for the employees who fulfill your mission. This is a customer-service oriented business. Happy employees will provide better service and it will help the company's bottom line.

RSS Feed </> Embed