Money Media

Great place to work

Former Employee - Sales Director  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Director in New York, NY

I worked at Money Media full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I worked in the sales dept for over ten years. The company is comprised of solid excellent reporters who create essential financial publications for the industry. The company has a very friendly and open communication culture which makes the work day that much better. The management works closely with every dept and they're always willing to listen to your concerns to make your role better. I probably should have stayed there.

Cons

None, really unless you don't like working for a medium sized company.

Keep up the open communication policy and make sure that you're able to retain current employees by offering career growth.

thankless job

Current Employee - Grunt  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Grunt in New York, NY

I have been working at Money Media full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

the people who work hard here are great. Unfortunately, that's not everybody, and for some reason management continues to promote some of the laziest employees.

Cons

low pay, no thanks for hard work done well, uneven workloads with unfair pay scale. many employees just look at facebook, walk around and gossip all day, take 2 hour lunches, do sloppy work, or don't show up at all. management never goes to bat for editorial staff. many people have left recently out of frustration.

management doesn't ever listen to employees suggestions.

I learned this is not the place for me, limited growth and sub-par pay

Current Employee - Non-editorial  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Non-editorial in New York, NY

I have been working at Money Media

Pros

Good work-life balance, easy work, low stress, if that's what you want, it is a great place for you. If you want to learn, grow and make a difference, this is not the place for you.

Cons

Stagnant technology, very weak management who are unwilling to change behavior, lousy interdepartmental communication, deference given to editorial, no one in senior management will question decisions, and it seems that tenure is more important than abilities.

I can offer lots of advice but it would not make any difference as I am not from editorial which seems to make all the decisions even though they do not base their decisions on facts.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hard working, entrepreneurial, and Fun

I worked at Money Media full-time

Pros

hard working, start-up culture. People know their markets and are good at their roles.

Cons

A little bit too quiet.

No advice - well done!

Worked for Money Media? Contribute to the Community!