Money Media Reviews

Dan Fink

1. Good title to have on a resume

Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Money Media as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Interning was a good experience and taught me a lot about SalesForce. It gave a good footing for future internships/jobs

Cons

There were not very many projects for me to do and everything was very basic and a bit repetitive. However, i knew that going into the position. The salary was also minimum wage for an intern - which I guess is better than nothing.

Advice to Management

Pay your interns a bit more or provide transportation benefits. While I worked there for experience my money went into getting to and from work which was a bit sad.

2. Very nice company

Current Contractor - Senior PHP Developer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Contractor - Senior PHP Developer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Money Media as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible Timing , can work offline , can work from home . Love the challenging work . Always works on new technologies

Cons

Nothing much i can ask regarding cons , since i didnt found any

Advice to Management

Nothing much i can ask regarding management, since i didnt found any

3. Great place to work

Former Employee - Sales Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Director in New York, NY

I worked at Money Media full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked in the sales dept for over ten years. The company is comprised of solid excellent reporters who create essential financial publications for the industry. The company has a very friendly and open communication culture which makes the work day that much better. The management works closely with every dept and they're always willing to listen to your concerns to make your role better. I probably should have stayed there.

Cons

None, really unless you don't like working for a medium sized company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the open communication policy and make sure that you're able to retain current employees by offering career growth.

thankless job

Current Employee - Grunt in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Grunt in New York, NY

I have been working at Money Media full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

the people who work hard here are great. Unfortunately, that's not everybody, and for some reason management continues to promote some of the laziest employees.

Cons

low pay, no thanks for hard work done well, uneven workloads with unfair pay scale. many employees just look at facebook, walk around and gossip all day, take 2 hour lunches, do sloppy work, or don't show up at all. management never goes to bat for editorial staff. many people have left recently out of frustration.

Advice to Management

management doesn't ever listen to employees suggestions.

I learned this is not the place for me, limited growth and sub-par pay

Current Employee - Non-editorial in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Non-editorial in New York, NY

Pros

Good work-life balance, easy work, low stress, if that's what you want, it is a great place for you. If you want to learn, grow and make a difference, this is not the place for you.

Cons

Stagnant technology, very weak management who are unwilling to change behavior, lousy interdepartmental communication, deference given to editorial, no one in senior management will question decisions, and it seems that tenure is more important than abilities.

Advice to Management

I can offer lots of advice but it would not make any difference as I am not from editorial which seems to make all the decisions even though they do not base their decisions on facts.

7. Hard working, entrepreneurial, and Fun

I worked at Money Media full-time

Pros

hard working, start-up culture. People know their markets and are good at their roles.

Cons

A little bit too quiet.

Advice to Management

No advice - well done!

RSS Feed </> Embed