MoneyDesktop
www.moneydesktop.com Provo, UT 50 to 149 Employees

MoneyDesktop Reviews

Updated May 22, 2014
MoneyDesktop – Provo – “Local Artist Painting”

Ryan Caldwell

Great place to be!

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Provo, UT

ProsSmart people and sweet perks

Conshard work, not easy, this could be a pro though

Great place to work

ProsFast paced work environment that has the potential to change a large industry. Great technology with some very talented people. If you can produce, this is the place for you.

ConsTypical start-up challenges. If you are not ok with things being in flux this is not the place to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementIterate.

Not the best company to work for

(Former Employee)
    Provo, UT

ProsThe engineers are very smart and talented. Management tends to only hire those that are top notch.

Engineers are encouraged to be active in the community specializing in their discipline.

Senior engineers get sent to multiple conferences per year

Sales representatives get sent to a significant number of conferences per year and are compensated extremely well with many job perks.

Ryan Caldwell is an excellent salesman and has amassed an excellent team of sales representatives. Because of this, business is going very well. MoneyDesktop's revenue is skyrocketing along with the number of clients they've partnered with.

ConsThere's a tight circle of friends around middle management, engineering. It takes a specific type of person to be included in that circle.

Engineers are encouraged to ask questions and discuss things with senior devs, however, there's no guarantee the engineer asking the questions will get treated with any amount of decency. Often times the response senior developers give is just shy of insulting.

No real opportunity of advancement within the company. They prefer to hire managers from outside of the company rather than promoting from within.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe the cons I listed sum up my advice.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern at MD

Finance (Former Employee)
    Orem, UT

ProsGreat people, Great Vision, Great Food.

ConsCan't think of any. It's still growing.

Great company to work for

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
    Provo, UT

Pros- Hands off management
    - Clear product strategy and company priorities
    - A lot of talented engineers, especially ruby
    - Free dinner if you work after 7pm
    - Free snacks, soda, coffee 24x7
    - Lots of free company swag - tshirts, hats, etc.

Cons- Lack of clear requirements provided to QA and engineering
    - Growing pains - there are a growing number of mid-level managers that appear to have overlapping responsibilities that create some chaos

Advice to Senior ManagementLet engineering and product development continue to experiment. Keep up the good work!

Great place to work if they would have been good about payroll and tighter on vision.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Provo, UT

ProsWe were solving a cool social and technical problem. The opportunity was great originally, profit sharing, feeling like you were making a difference, etc. The technical team was very talented.

ConsThey didn't pay us for a month or so, so several engineers left. Payment to some of those that left still hasn't been made more than a year later. IMHO the reason payroll was terrible is that the owners at the time weren't experienced in this type of business and didn't know how to manage it let alone come up with a vision for actually executing on the product.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would help your current hiring/recruiting efforts if you'd pay former employees their back pay. You've got billboards up to recruit, but some of us are still getting asked if back payroll has ever been made, and we have to answer honestly. It's not anything against you guys per-se, but I've had several people come to who were interested in working there, but whom ask if they've paid me yet. When I answer no, they lose interest.

Excellent! Awesome Culture

ProsMoneyDesktop is the best place I have worked! There is a buzz in the office like none other; one that only comes when everyone is invested in a company that will make it BIG. *Very generous option package to all employees

The work environment is a truly work hard, play hard. Nerf guns are standard issue for every employee that joins. And don't forget the free food. Dinner each night, lunch on Tues. and Thurs., plus a snack room stocked with candy, fruit, drinks and anything else you want.

Best of all, the people here are very intelligent and great to work with. Executive management is approachable and they talk to everyone.

ConsThe company is young and growing fast, so there are plenty of late nights. Nothing other successful companies did not go through.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to successfully execute on your vision. Make sure everyone in the valley and beyond knows how great the company is and how well we are doing. No matter how large we get, make sure we always maintain the camaraderie and transparency we have now.

This company has a demanding yet rewarding atmosphere with quite a few perks.

ProsHigh level work environment. Hard work is recognized and appreciated. Lunch twice a week. Dinner every night for those who stay late. Fully stocked break room. Any resource you may need is provided. Cool bikes and scooters for employee use. Crash Pad. Company outings. Great coworkers. Great benefits.

ConsBecause this is a start-up company, there is a lot going on and your time and schedule can be interrupted throughout the day by different people with requests, ideas, meetings etc.

Worked for MoneyDesktop? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MoneyDesktop reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MoneyDesktop CEO Ryan Caldwell. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by MoneyDesktop employees.