MoneyGram International

Be The First To
Add Photos

MoneyGram International Chairman & CEO Pamela H. Patsley

Pamela H. Patsley

Pros
  • The only 2 positive things I can say about MoneyGram are work-life balance and office environment(in 6 reviews)

• Most of my co-workers were great team players and really good people(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of politics within the company(in 4 reviews)

• Senior management inexperienced about the industry(in 5 reviews)

The promise of investing in your career is a pipe dream. Outsourcing to India is wide spread and increasing

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Saint Louis Park, MN

ProsLike the airline management team that decided to save $2 million annually by reducing the number of tomatoes in salads, the mgmt team at MoneyGram continues to reduce and cut benefits. If you enjoy India contractors talking in Hindustani (or one of the other 22 regional India languages) constantly around you when you are trying to work, then MoneyGram is the place for you.

ConsManagement says they care about their employees while their actions are completely opposite. More FTE jobs being outsourced in the name of increasing shareholder value. Work environment is set up so terribly it's nearly impossible to focus and get any work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll suggestions to management are ignored, so why bother?

Overall a decent company to work for in the last few year it has taken a turn towards moving jobs overseas.

Workforce Analyst (Current Employee) Lakewood, CO

ProsPay is good for the area and competitive

Consoutsourcing majority of US jobs

Out of touch

ProsFun people interesting work.

ConsBang zoom re-org....happens all of the time, 200 effected in CO. There's something up with this group.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink twice before acting in this fashion.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, challenging leadership

ProsUnique industry, very international, the people who work there really care about the customers they serve

ConsLeadership too distant, unrealistic on resources, struggles to provide real direction, trust issues

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to those who interact with the customer, create an environment of trust

Good experience, culture changed drastically with new senior management

Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsOpportunity for career growth, great people to work with

ConsA good culture rapidly changed to a negative culture with new leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about employees more.

Dysfunctional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInternational business activity; complex industry

ConsLack of consistent message from upper management. Disrespectful culture.

good

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Lakewood, CO

ProsGreat job if you are Bi-Lingual

ConsOpen 365 days a year so you need to earn Holidays and a decent schedule by putting in your time.

Dry financial-services environment,

Attorney - Marketing (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat leaders, low pay, cool offices.

ConsNot much room for 'thinking-outside the box' work. "Systems" limit any new ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow, encourage work to be more fun

Great place to work

Software Engineer IV (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGreat place to work, work life balance

ConsNo long term vision or planing

Rug pulled out from underneath

Project Manager (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsAwesome project teams and dedication to get the job done! Lots of camaraderie amongst technical teams. Can be a fun place to work.

ConsThird iteration of PMO Senior Management. Mid level management is volatile with high turn over and new managers don't fully understand the business when advised of technical challenges.

Senior management impose new role standards with no consideration of past valued efforts from IT professionals.

To much heroics with bi-monthly core release and then infrastructure release the next month. Back to back releases puts considerable amount of pressure on the technical teams. Seldom, any documentation of technical processes, and high SME resignations leave a substantial knowledge gap.

Impose unrealistic project management framework processes on projects already executing.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrandfather projects from processes to avoid undue burden.

Consider giving the veterans the benefit of the doubt especially if they stick around in good faith. There is something to be said about not bailing ship.

Mid-level management cannot be telling IT professionals they are invaluable and then give them low complexity assignments when they are capable of much more. That is insulting their intelligence and experience.

Worked for MoneyGram International? Contribute to the Community!