MoneyGram International Reviews

Updated March 27, 2015
132 reviews filtered by

Global complaints specialist

I have been working at MoneyGram International

Pros

Company provides 401k plans, health, dental and vision coverage. Multicultural environment.

Cons

Due to outsourcing, majority of the US based positions are being sent overseas. The focus on the bottom line overpowers the quality of work and employees.

Poor management

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice environment, people are friendly

Cons

Poor management, benefits are ok

Plan things ahead, don't do last minister decision

Umm....

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work Life balance, peer group, location

Cons

Upward mobility, career trajectory is non existence, lack of support from upper management, morale

Stop talking so much and just listen .......

A place to really excel if you are willing to put in the work!

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

MoneyGram is TRULY a global organization. I get the chance to work with individuals all over the world. It is a place that if you are willing to roll up your sleeves and work hard, your efforts are rewarded. The people at MoneyGram are fun and dedicated to the cause!

Cons

Because it's a global organization, I have had to adjust my 'waking up' schedule. Sometimes we have early morning calls, but it's worth it to get to work with my peers abroad.

Continue to share what is going on with your leaders and ask them to make sure it funnels down.

Stop trying to copy Western Union!

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Lakewood, CO

I worked at MoneyGram International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing people, good and fun environment, benefits are decent and the amount of PTO is very good.
    Also, management has taken steps to make documentation related to projects "business standards". The business documentation used by Project Managers, Business Analyst, etc, are just as good as anything you will see at more organized companies.

Cons

Many projects are simply attempts to copy something that Western Union is doing, just without the same project budget, the same project length (time wise) or... the same pay.
    Compared to most companies, pay rates are very low!

If you really wanted to save money, you should have considered eliminating a few Senior VPs, VPs, Directors, etc.
    Perhaps getting rid of a few of those 'upper management people' would provide you with the chance of keeping many of the jobs here in Lakewood... or at least in the US!

Everybody knows that MG leadership is sinking

Current Employee - Management in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Management in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Is funny to see all these good reviews from "Poland" it caught my attention that they are perfectly written . We all know that all upper management and employees in Poland barely speak and write English.
    I wouldn't be surprised if leadership are asking overseas employees to write good reviews since they need them so bad .

Cons

Leadership get millions in bunuses while employees get 2-60 cents raise every year. You are better without their benefits. The employee turnover is very high.

Stop bleeding and squeezing the core of the company instead squeeze the big cats

Not a well run organization

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MoneyGram International

Pros

The people are really great!

Cons

Leadership is not leading the company, the financial situation is not great, the benefits continue to get worse, the political environment is challenging, your contributions don't matter and are certainly not appreciated if you are not "in" with certain leaders. It's all rather unfortunate.

who knows, they won't care or listen anyway...

Moneygram is the worst company to work for

I have been working at MoneyGram International

Pros

None because all the good things about this company are gone

Cons

The benefits get worse every year
    The pay is very low
    You get fired by lousy VPs that dont like you eventho your work is impeccable and recognized (it's like a kindom like monarchy)
    They modify the numbers to make everybody believe is going well
    They have issues in all the products and don't do anything to fix them and don't listen to whatever you have to say
    They shipped all the jobs from colorado to Poland to "save" money but they have spent more money than saving, everything has backfired because they don't listen .
    I can go on but my advice don't work for this company they won't recognize your work they see you as trash and they don't care about what you have to say

Like management cares what I have to say! They can send 100s of consultants to resolve issues, but everything fails because they ignore the people with valueble information

Going down hill, and fast

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

MoneyGram was in the past a dynamic, fast growing organization. In the last years the company has lost sense of direction.

A few pros: free coffee, and free coffee

Cons

- A 50% level of turnover. Employees leaving or getting cut which just does not seem logical
    - Stock lost 30% of its value in a single day due to large account management mistakes
    - HR group does not do much.
    - Low career progression perspectives at almost all levels of the organization
    - Poor employee engagement
    - Currently employees are just disoriented with so much turnover, lay-offs
    - Lack of adequate and transparent communication causes a general spirit of mistrust

Employees are feeling the current state that the company faces, improved communication and transparency would be highly recommended.

So-so

I have been working at MoneyGram International

Pros

Decent PTO and free coffee I guess.

Cons

Poor communication. Upper management so cut off from the rank and file that it's not even funny anymore. Tone deaf leaders pretending everything is normal as the ship sails for Poland. This company is sinking quickly.

Management would never listen to advice.