MoneyGram International

Be The First To
Add Photos

MoneyGram International Chairman & CEO Pamela H. Patsley

Pamela H. Patsley

Pros
  • The only 2 positive things I can say about MoneyGram are work-life balance and office environment (in 6 reviews)

• Most of my co-workers were great team players and really good people (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of politics within the company (in 4 reviews)

• Senior management inexperienced about the industry (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work

Software Engineer IV (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGreat place to work, work life balance

ConsNo long term vision or planing

Rug pulled out from underneath

Project Manager (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsAwesome project teams and dedication to get the job done! Lots of camaraderie amongst technical teams. Can be a fun place to work.

ConsThird iteration of PMO Senior Management. Mid level management is volatile with high turn over and new managers don't fully understand the business when advised of technical challenges.

Senior management impose new role standards with no consideration of past valued efforts from IT professionals.

To much heroics with bi-monthly core release and then infrastructure release the next month. Back to back releases puts considerable amount of pressure on the technical teams. Seldom, any documentation of technical processes, and high SME resignations leave a substantial knowledge gap.

Impose unrealistic project management framework processes on projects already executing.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrandfather projects from processes to avoid undue burden.

Consider giving the veterans the benefit of the doubt especially if they stick around in good faith. There is something to be said about not bailing ship.

Mid-level management cannot be telling IT professionals they are invaluable and then give them low complexity assignments when they are capable of much more. That is insulting their intelligence and experience.

good company ran into tough economy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgenerally really great people, very nice

Consmoney-focused and not value focused

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Compliance analyst

Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) Lakewood, CO

ProsGreat experience , allot to learn

ConsTough hours, low salary, you have to work on holidays

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to provide more feed backs and care about employees benefits

This is a good company!

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Saint Louis Park, MN

ProsGrowth opportunities and good communication.

ConsToo far to travel in MN winters!

MoneyGram

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people the location cool

Constraining needs to be longer

Advice to Senior Managementtrain more accurately and efficiently

Compliance Analyst

Prosits a decent company, but that is sadly the best thing

ConsDO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.... Employees and managers are bad

Advice to Senior Managementknow what you are doing and hire more non lazy people...... Management need more training

Great company to work for

ProsMoneyGram is a great company to work for. They offer competitive salary and outstanding employee benefits. The company is technologically savvy and incorporates the latest and greatest when it comes to this area. The leadership at the top is competent and the company is growing.

ConsAs in most very large companies communication is an issue.The department I worked in was very high stress due to frequently changing priorities. I think the departmental leadership tries to accommodate other departments too much instead of either saying "no" or at the very least, "not now, but in a few weeks". In this regard they create some of their stress.

Former Employee

Finance (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsAverage benefits and compensation, nice building.

ConsMGI needs very long to go, before to call itsel as "international company" , the management act and think like a local small business, they are lack of communication, there is no accountabilty whatsoever. It is a company where projects are no well planned from one year to another like mature companies do.......they are coming from the sky with the approval of the CEO and it is a caos because the company does not have enough employees and system to really be efficient to implement this projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to have a solid Blueprint to leadership..........and the CEO and her staff should focus on how tho change the company in a successful manner. Many people resign just out of a tremendous frustation.

decent company with many positions given you have the education & experience

Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

Prossemi relaxed environment , work with decent people and do not mind what i do

Consmanagement lacks the experience and know how to properly lead the company in the right direction

Advice to Senior Managementdont look at what things will save you today , they will cost you more than what you save up front in the long run.

Worked for MoneyGram International? Contribute to the Community!