MoneyGram International Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

A place to really excel if you are willing to put in the work!

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MoneyGram is TRULY a global organization. I get the chance to work with individuals all over the world. It is a place that if you are willing to roll up your sleeves and work hard, your efforts are rewarded. The people at MoneyGram are fun and dedicated to the cause!

Cons

Because it's a global organization, I have had to adjust my 'waking up' schedule. Sometimes we have early morning calls, but it's worth it to get to work with my peers abroad.

Advice to Management

Continue to share what is going on with your leaders and ask them to make sure it funnels down.

Everybody knows that MG leadership is sinking

Current Employee - Management in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Management in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Is funny to see all these good reviews from "Poland" it caught my attention that they are perfectly written . We all know that all upper management and employees in Poland barely speak and write English. I wouldn't be surprised if leadership are asking overseas employees to write good reviews since they need them so bad .

Cons

Leadership get millions in bunuses while employees get 2-60 cents raise every year. You are better without their benefits. The employee turnover is very high.

Advice to Management

Stop bleeding and squeezing the core of the company instead squeeze the big cats

Jul 8, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We're sorry to hear about your frustration with the pay/benefits at MoneyGram. We strive be competitive and offer the best compensation packages to our employees. If you want to provide us with ... More

Stop trying to copy Western Union!

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Lakewood, CO

I worked at MoneyGram International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing people, good and fun environment, benefits are decent and the amount of PTO is very good. Also, management has taken steps to make documentation related to projects "business standards". The business documentation used by Project Managers, Business Analyst, etc, are just as good as anything you will see at more organized companies.

Cons

Many projects are simply attempts to copy something that Western Union is doing, just without the same project budget, the same project length (time wise) or... the same pay. Compared to most companies, pay rates are very low!

Advice to Management

If you really wanted to save money, you should have considered eliminating a few Senior VPs, VPs, Directors, etc. Perhaps getting rid of a few of those 'upper management people' would provide you with the chance of keeping many of the jobs here in Lakewood... or at least in the US!

Jul 8, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your honest feedback. We strive to provide our employees with an environment that each person feels heard. Hearing the pros and cons of working at Moneygram helps us make the company a ... More

Moneygram is the worst company to work for

I have been working at MoneyGram International

Pros

None because all the good things about this company are gone

Cons

The benefits get worse every year The pay is very low You get fired by lousy VPs that dont like you eventho your work is impeccable and recognized (it's like a kindom like monarchy) They modify the numbers to make everybody believe is going well They have issues in all the products and don't do anything to fix them and don't listen to whatever you have to say They shipped all the jobs from colorado to Poland to "save" money but they have spent more money than saving, everything has backfired because they don't listen . I can go on but my advice don't work for this company they won't recognize your work they see you as trash and they don't care about what you have to say

Advice to Management

Like management cares what I have to say! They can send 100s of consultants to resolve issues, but everything fails because they ignore the people with valueble information

Jul 8, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We're sorry to hear about this. We appreciate your honest feedback and look to our employees to help us create a better employee experience.

Going down hill, and fast

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

MoneyGram was in the past a dynamic, fast growing organization. In the last years the company has lost sense of direction. A few pros: free coffee, and free coffee

Cons

- A 50% level of turnover. Employees leaving or getting cut which just does not seem logical - Stock lost 30% of its value in a single day due to large account management mistakes - HR group does not do much. - Low career progression perspectives at almost all levels of the organization - Poor employee engagement - Currently employees are just disoriented with so much turnover, lay-offs - Lack of adequate and transparent communication causes a general spirit of mistrust

Advice to Management

Employees are feeling the current state that the company faces, improved communication and transparency would be highly recommended.

Jul 8, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Hello and we are sorry to hear about your experience. At MoneyGram , we encourage open communication and are constantly looking to improve on overall transparency. If you want to provide us with ... More

So-so

I have been working at MoneyGram International

Pros

Decent PTO and free coffee I guess.

Cons

Poor communication. Upper management so cut off from the rank and file that it's not even funny anymore. Tone deaf leaders pretending everything is normal as the ship sails for Poland. This company is sinking quickly.

Advice to Management

Management would never listen to advice.

8. Learning how the company works and how interesting it is to talk to different nationalities.

Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When you are trying to help people out there are so many people who are just great at misleading other people, and when we could help solve peoples problems and save them money it felt great.

Cons

Listening to people, and finding out what a business is up to if they are legitimate with there clients and the people that work for them. Time off could be negative and this happens at so many call centers. For example you have time off called ( PTO )paid time off but you come to work you are lucky if you have PTO because you can use it. But if you don't and you are sick if you don't call in 24 hours ahead of time to let them know you are sick, and you happen to show up at work and you become ill, throwing up for example and you tell them you need to go home you can occur an occurrence and they may give you a warning other times they will write you up for being ill. Because you didn't give them a 24 hour notice. How are you supposed to know that you are going to be ill. Sometimes you have know idea what your body is going to do. The company is closing and we are all getting laid off.

Advice to Management

When you are training someone. And you have them training side by side with someone, for the duration of the training let them sit with that one person always. You confuse people when you have them sit with different people and you get them all mixed up everyone trains differently. If they learn from just one person they learn their techniques and their skills, but when you try to train with different people everyday they each have a different way of doing their job and you loose the person that you are training it becomes difficult learning from one person to the next. For time off policies I understand we get sick but if someone is trying to come to work even though they are ill and you can see that they are ill. Management should recognize that. They were there sometimes the illness can carry to other employees as well. Send those people home.

Toxic, toxic environment.

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

After more than 22 years, my job is coming to an end on December 31st, and is being outsourced to Poland. What a great company it used to be. Now, the only ones to get a promotion are those in senior management.

Cons

Lots of turnover, little training, low pay, small merit increases.

Advice to Management

Management: I know you're committed to outsourcing most of the positions, but do you have any idea how much experience is walking out the door?

Ok work environment

Former Employee - Compliance Analyst I in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Compliance Analyst I in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at MoneyGram International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Getting to work with outlets around the world in legl compliance, team atmosphere and training opportunities in the legal/compliance field.

Cons

The upper management never really provided much feedback on work. Many of my colleagues spent the day applying for other jobs .

Advice to Management

Give more feedback on work.

A True Disaster right here in Texas!

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycheck, coffee, restroom, and pens.

Cons

High Benefits, low salary, unorganized, treat the employees like garbage, no career growth, 48% turnover, constant lay-offs after you just started.

Advice to Management

Wake Up! Stop collecting your millions in salary and leave without getting involved with your employees. Read these reviews! Moneygram is a horrific place to work. Horrible HR department! The only HR Department that don't care about their employees. Stacking 20 people in a conference room to work with no work space for them. No training, no development, no interest in their growth. If 9 out 10 of your reviews are bad then you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure THERE IS A PROBLEM!

RSS Feed </> Embed