Monitronics Reviews

Michael R. Haislip

1. VP, Operations

Current Employee - Vice President, Operations in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President, Operations in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Monitronics (More than 3 years)

Pros

Positive culture in a growing company with many opportunities.

Cons

The recent growth and outpaced capacity in some areas of the business.

Tech Support

I have been working at Monitronics

Pros

Not many Depends on the culture you like

Cons

Poor leadership No true development

Advice to Management

Review successful company's Business models towards there employees

Very good company to work for!

I have been working at Monitronics

Pros

Great growth opportunities, high performance work place, open door policy w.supervisors, very professional.

Cons

Only challenges that I had were training.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Unprofessional Management

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Monitronics as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits and liked the incentives that were given through out the year..

Cons

Managers in some departments are very unprofessional such as not knowing what confidently means... Play with a silly string in the department that made a coworker have an asthma attack... is not what you know it's who you know..

Advice to Management

Hire people you don't know such as your buddy to take over a department in which that person is not fit to be a manager...loose the buddy system and hire more qualified managers

6. Monitronics - Avoid if at all possible

I worked at Monitronics

Pros

Promotion are available and emphasized from within.

Cons

Poor training, leadership contradicts what they teach you, no TRUE leadership values. Treat you like it is an honor to work for them

Advice to Management

Upgrade the training and ensure EVERYONE is on the same page at all times.

7. Ave salary

I worked at Monitronics

Pros

Good worklife balance
    Above average benefits

Cons

Below ave salary
    Expects overtime without pay

8. HORRIFIC, NIGHTMARISH EXPERIENCE. WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.

Former Employee - Customer Support in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Support in Dallas, TX

I worked at Monitronics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company does a lot of things for their employees. They have parties and give trinkets. The work environment seems casual. They offer free coffee, etc.

Cons

These folks will turn on a dime if you get on their bad side. They fire quick. DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT A HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT or you are out of there quicker than quick. HR has NO EXPERIENCE in dealing with any true employee relations issues. NONE AT ALL. All they will do is turn your words against you and terminate you. Very quickly. This is a very vindictive company. Lawyered up to harass former employees who "dare" to post public complaints. Right now I am afraid when typing this review. I can't say why but let's just say "I've Been Contacted To SHUT UP" about it all "or else". And this was from a VERY HIGH UP person at the affiliated with the company. Can anyone say "corporate attorney" and "threat of a lawsuit"? Honestly folks.. BE VERY CAREFUL. If I could go back in time I would have never applied. Worst experience of my life. The only thing I could think of to compare this company to is the John Grisham novel "The Firm". Remember when Tom Cruise seemed to have gotten the perfect job and his wife started seeing the people at the company for what they really were - which were 'Demons'. Honestly. These people are sweet as mom's apple pie when you are hired but will turn and show their fangs on a dime. This company has a "slash and burn" policy. They will try to DESTROY YOU if you anger them. People I am AFRAID of these people. You all wouldn't believe how they treated me. Just be CAREFUL!

I will NEVER use their services and I will NEVER recommend their services. EVER. And I will ALWAYS be an advocate against them. As long as I live. Companies that operate like this one should not be in business. If people only knew what they were dealing with. If they only knew.

Advice to Management

Get out while you can. Honestly. You guys just don't know who.. or better yet.. WHAT.. kind of company you are working for. Unless you are empty and soulless. Just like they are.

Excellent work enviroment

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Monitronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

benefits, promotions, personal growth, excellent work enviroment

Cons

A few Micro Managers, Certain departments become challenging at times

10. Trying hard to break the mold of the typical call center environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Monitronics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people! They have good hiring practices including peer hiring panels and have implemented some progressive culture change policies in order to give employees a voice (one that is actually heard), boost employee morale, and replace bad leadership. They have an on-site wellness coordinator, good benefits, a great HR team that advocates for the employees, have high expectations of their people, and the training dept is great. When I was there, HR took a lot of employee surveys and listened to employees, and bad managers were replaced, but I'm not sure if that's still happening. They offer employee appreciation events in May and December, a grab-and-go fresh vending area since most people don't want to lose their parking spot at lunch, ping-pong, TV, quiet/resting room, gym, and coffee bars.

Cons

Employees are eager to learn, but eventually are beaten down by poor and inexperienced supervisors and some (not all) crony upper management that have no desire to change. The VPHR that implemented the culture change operated very dirty and was asked to leave. The execs and accounting on the top floor stay on the top floor and don't seem to have a desire to be involved in day-to-day operations. IT team is understaffed and will do everything in their power to talk someone out of a project or request that will mean a lot of work for them. Parking is horrible, not enough spaces, and lines too close together so my car doors were horribly dinged up. They desperately needed a bigger building or move some depts to another building. The intranet was never updated and employees were constantly coming to HR for stuff that should have been posted on the intranet.

Advice to Management

Everyone from supervisor level to executive leadership needs to take a good look at the employee surveys, not just HR. Realize HPWP is to empower employee/manager expectations and relationships, not mold it's elements into inflexible policy so that good employees leave. It's so easy in that call-center environment to fall into complacency and allow those bad supervisors and managers to destroy their good employees with micromanagement and abuse. Recognize your good employees regularly, shine that light on that 95% and get rid of the 5%-- that includes bad management! Provide regular management development training to every single one of your managers and supervisors, especially new ones! Letting them 'figure it out' or letting other poor managers train them is disastrous. Continuous training once an employee gets on the floor is so important- supervisors need to realize there are situations that will not arise in training that you will need to teach your employees. Don't put up with the inefficient and stifling status quo because it's comfortable and cheap.

11. A great company that's growing

Current Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Monitronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are great and affordable. Has a on site wellness coordinator. Invest in employees. Great work environment.

Cons

Salaries aren't competitive enough, Not enough growth opportunities in certain departments.