Monkey Joe's

Flexible, easy job

Former Employee - Shift Leader  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Monkey Joe's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours and great co-workers. Owners were

Cons

Management was not the greatest

My experience at Monkey Joe's is horrible

Current Employee - Team Member  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Team Member in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Monkey Joe's part-time for less than a year

Pros

flexible hours
    Laid back environment

Cons

Things with this company are very unorganized. they hardly make any money so the hours are slim to none. The place is filthy and the a/c doesn't work because the owner doesn't have enough money to get it completely fixed so we work in the heat. Last but not least they are very unsanitary and I would never bring my kids to this establishment . Staff doesn't work as a team either!

Be more caring about your employees. Make the environment more welcoming.

Absolutely horrible.

Former Employee - Anything They Needed Me for  in  Tucker, GA
    Former Employee - Anything They Needed Me for in Tucker, GA

I worked at Monkey Joe's part-time for less than a year

Pros

There are no pros only cons

Cons

Always smells like weed, floors are not clean, party rooms smells mildew, concession is entirely junk food, Monkey Joe suit is falling apart and it smells like vomit.

Get new jumps, get new monkey suit.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

OK first job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Monkey Joe's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly staff
    Multiple breaks if needed

Cons

Low pay, no bonuses
    Refereeing for long periods of time gets boring

Alright for a summer job

Current Employee - Assistant  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Monkey Joe's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Whenever I had to interact with management, which happened multiple times daily, the management was friendly and flexible

Cons

However, better the managers there was always a great amount of disorganization and it felt like, much of time, time and effort was being wasted due to confusion and unclear directions

There needs to be more order and communication between management and employees.

Has potential, but not reaching it anytime soon...

Former Employee - Team Member  in  Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Team Member in Sunrise, FL

I worked at Monkey Joe's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Honestly, I'm not writing this review to try to bag on Monkey Joe's and make them look bad, because I actually liked the place and the employees. I'm writing this review in hopes that management will see it and maybe make some changes.

Anyways, on with the pros..
    - Friendly coworkers; we're pretty close, we all actually hang out outside of work.
    - Relatively easy tasks; these tasks involve cleaning, watching kids, and/or greeting and serving customers.
    - For a place run by teenagers, we do a pretty darn good job.
    - Flexible schedules; Monkey Joe's can work around school or maybe a second job, which is great. Also, you can basically take off whenever you want as long as you submit a two week notice and it gets accepted by a manager.

Cons

- Constantly understaffed on weekends; we always get complaints from customers about this.

- They've hired over 20 new people within the last 2-4 months and they're being put on positions that even people that have been working at MJ's for over a year haven't been put on.

- Not enough hours; as a regular employee, or "team member", you get 5-20 hours a week if you're lucky. How about, instead of hiring more people, you just give the people that are already working here some more hours? We could all use it!

- Just because you're a host or at walk-in (or at one of those higher positions) for like a year won't stop them (management) from putting you back on a jump. Do they realize how hard many of their employees work to get where they are?

- Horrible management; by horrible, I mean unprofessional. They rarely reply to employees' emails. Even if it's regarding something important. They'll just look at it and ignore it and later on blame the employee for not notifying them.

- Unappreciative of their employees. It would be nice to get an email or text now and then from management saying "good job. keep it up!" or something of the sort! Most employees that I knew, quit because they felt unappreciated and easily replaceable at Monkey Joe's.

- Getting called off work when you're already there.. some of the employees have to go out of their way to take public transportation to get to work on time and its unfortunate for them to arrive to work on time and then have the manager/supervisor say that they're not needed today and can go home.

- Dead-end job/ no raises; employees no longer get yearly raises. You get paid minimum wage for as long as you work here. Unless you're a manager or supervisor.

Maybe try asking us how we feel about some things for once. A lot of us have some great suggestions.

Clientele makes it difficult and cheap company

Former Employee - Staff Member  in  Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Staff Member in Brentwood, TN

I worked at Monkey Joe's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Has a great group of employees, fun place to work, tips for birthday parties are good. Staff becomes really tight-knit. Easy jobs. Hours are good.

Cons

Manager picks favorites that are usually unjustified, low class crowd even in Brentwood, nickels and dimes customers and employees get complaints. Unequal training for employees. Confusing pay scale

Be stricter on employee behavior, take better notice of who does a good job, be fair about pay, and be fair about birthday parties. Take seniority into account

It was a pretty good first job. I enjoyed working with most of my coworkers and the management.

Former Employee - Party Host  in  Morrow, GA
    Former Employee - Party Host in Morrow, GA

I worked at Monkey Joe's part-time for more than a year

Pros

You can play with the kids, Managers are flexible with the schedule, decent discount, fairly easy job duties, there is always something to do, you feel like you're working with family

Cons

Some customers, sometimes not getting good hours, favoritism, some coworkers didn't do their job and you had to pick up their slack.

A fun and great place to work while in school.

Former Employee - Party Host, Referee  in  Spartanburg, SC
    Former Employee - Party Host, Referee in Spartanburg, SC

I worked at Monkey Joe's part-time for more than a year

Pros

They try and work around your school schedule. It's a fun laid-back position.

Cons

You must like being around kids.

It is an amazing place to work , it is fun and the atmosphere is great with all the employees!

Current Employee - Everything : )  in  Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Everything : ) in Davenport, IA

I have been working at Monkey Joe's

Pros

I love working here , it gives me the opprutunity to be around kids everyday , and being with an amazing team of employees and managment. I would greatly recommend to people to come work for Monkey Joe's and expierence the fun and enjoyment of all the neat things we get to do . We get the chance to go spread the word of our store and go pump up kids and make them happy when they see Monkey Joe. It's an awesome feeling when the kids get excited and you are the ones making them happy and when parents praise you for the job you do and how well you are with their kids. I wouldn't trade this job for anything , im grateful for it and look forward to work every single day !

Cons

Everyone has their dislikes of every job , but the worse thing i could say is cleaning jumps sometimes . It is hard and exhausting and wears you out , but that's it .

Our management treats everyone the same , and this is the best management i have had at any of my jobs prior . I look forward to working with them everyday and the way they treat me is very well . Most places you work for you have your favorites , and here at Monkey Joe's it is'nt that way for anyone .

Worked for Monkey Joe's? Contribute to the Community!