Monoflo International Reviews

3.8
Henning Rader

1. Awesome company!

I have been working at Monoflo International

Pros

Great company, great benefits and eager owner. Always looking for more business to grow and expand company. Very easy to talk with.

Cons

There are two plants and sometimes things got lost or misunderstood in the communication process. Sending samples via UPS can be expensive and time consuming.

2. No benefits available to hourly employees, and what was available was not worth having

I worked at Monoflo International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual environment and that is about it.

Cons

Not happy, not training before sending me to the bulls, but ok to blame me if I did not return with the prize, low pay.

Advice to Management

Don't be so self-centered.

Monoflo International Response

May 6, 2015 – SVP/GM

Monoflo offers a full menu of employer backed health plans for all employees and their families and the plan even includes vision and dental AND actually starts when you start. An annual profit ... More

3. It is an overall satisfying experience.

Former Employee - Operator
    Former Employee - Operator

I worked at Monoflo International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I don't have any major complaints about this company having been with them for over three years before moving on. It is a family. I truly enjoyed going to work everyday, while not looking forward to the work, the people and atmosphere here make it worthwhile. One aspect that impressed me most, once again, were the relationships. It's not uncommon to see a higher leveler employee engaged in a genuine conversation with an operator. I don't believe that you can find this at many other companies, especially in the manufacturing industry,

Cons

On compensation, if you keep your head down and work hard, those in management will take notice. While you will not receive a raise after your first paycheck, as others here have seemed to assume, they will take notice and your situation will change for the better. The work is tough, and from what I've gather here its been more than some could handle; however, that is manufacturing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. It's ignorant to think that those in management positions cannot learn as they gain experience like everyone else. Throughout my experience at Monoflo, I was satisfied with the leadership and guidance that they afforded to me.

5. Tough but Great.

I have been working at Monoflo International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Environment is faced paced, work load demanding and the career experience here is nothing short of truly rewarding. Opportunity to team with industry experts has proved enlightening. Fantastic culture with a focus on working hard, winning and loyalty coupled with being rewarded and a family first mantra.

Cons

As with any growing company, there are some pains associated with daily life. Nothing that can not be overcome and a million times better than the alternative.

Advice to Management

Continue the culture and energy, it is why there has been such success.

6. Great Company, Great Leadership

I have been working at Monoflo International

Pros

Lateral organization structure allows for easy lines of communication from top to bottom, consistent re-investment into improving current product base and expanding into new products, avoids the 'corporate' feel despite being a decent sized business supplying products all over the globe, CEO & GM deeply involved with improving processes and procedures, motivated salesforce, performing your job at a high level does not go unnoticed

Cons

While not really a con, the environment is extremely fast paced and can change rapidly so it is certainly not for everyone

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the improvement of existing product base and the development of new products, but also in bringing the right people on board.

7. Progressive growth oriented company, provides personal satisfaction

Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Winchester, VA
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Winchester, VA

I have been working at Monoflo International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Corporate culture is positive, Senior Management is easy to both talk to and work with/for. Growth path with new products is challenging but rewarding. This is a good time to be or become a part of Monoflo as the growth affords opportunities for those who are desirous to make a mark using their talents and abilities.

Cons

Growth also results in a shortage of qualified management support at key positions.

Advice to Management

Support middle managers by providing more delegated responsibility and defined limits of authority. Communicate expectations and sit down more frequently with middle managers to both review their results to date and provide direction/training on areas of weakness.

8. Factory work

Former Employee - Operator in Winchester, VA
    Former Employee - Operator in Winchester, VA

I worked at Monoflo International full-time

Pros

Work environment and culture is good and managers are laid-back easy to work with.

Cons

Salaries are very low and and promotions take a very long time.

9. Management is clueless

I have been working at Monoflo International full-time

Pros

It is a job. Quality products.

Cons

Some higher management are completely clueless on what is going on in their department. Too much of a mess that noone cares to address.

Advice to Management

Until people account for their mistakes and decides to take aim at the problem, with the intent to fix it, not "band-aid" it, I cannot have a positive view about this company.

10. A Roller Coaster Ride

I worked at Monoflo International

Pros

-Good small company to get a start at -Friendly People -Company is growing with new machinery and personnel -You will stay very busy with plenty of work

Cons

-Lower pay than other companies in the area for both upper management and floor personnel -Not many benefits (little vacation and holidays, no sick pay, and poor health insurance plan) -Ownership changes his mind daily so your project tasks are changing daily -Long hours and most management is expected to be on call 24 / 7 / 365 -Salary you are hired in on will likely be the salary you will leave with, not many raises given -A lot of hire / fire with management, only a few management at company for more than 5 years. I had 4 supervisors in the 3 years I was there. All four were fired after only being at the company for less than a year.

Advice to Management

Leadership should try and not micro-manage so much and trust the employees they hired. Leadership should also recognize people do have lives outside of Monoflo and would rather not have to take phone calls and make unscheduled trips to the facilities at midnight or on the weekends.

11. Could have been better

I worked at Monoflo International

Pros

Some really good people in most areas of the company. Selling as low cost producer is a welcome change to trying to sell intangible benefits. Product is as good or better than competitive products. Ownership and management knows the molding business.

Cons

Management has minimal experience outside of Monoflo and often uses a "lets try this" approach. Ownership tends toward impulse direction. Management changes territories and market frequently. Production overbooking can be a challenge.

Advice to Management

The knowledge is there in most levels of this company and they have made some good progress in areas. Nothing is going to change.

RSS Feed </> Embed