Monro Muffler Brake

Updated February 23, 2015
2.6

Monro Muffler Brake Chairman, President, and CEO Robert G. Gross
Robert G. Gross

Pros
  • My co-workers are all laid back (in 3 reviews)

• A regular (small) paycheck and the co-workers are for the most part very nice people (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is most concerned with oil changes (in 4 reviews)

• Very low pay for a technician position (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

I have been with the company for 5 months and this is the best job I have ever had.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Monro Muffler Brake

Pros

If you are a goal oriented person this is a great company to work for. There is plenty of room for advancement.

Cons

There are a lot of hours that need to be put in but most of the time it is well worth it.

Just keep making sure your guys have time off. Other than that keep up the great work.

A good review for a solid company

Current Employee - Management in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Management in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Monro Muffler Brake full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The treat Customers fairly...no rip offs, no bait and switch, no lying, no scare tactics.
    The pay system is solid, easy to understand and pays for performance.....if your lazy you don't make much, if you work hard you get more than industry standards.
    Lots of advancement , because they keep growing.

Cons

lots of hours, working holidays sucks

Get Wifi / internet/ and update the computers and operating systems

Best aftermarket Under car care company in the industry!

I have been working at Monro Muffler Brake

Pros

I have been working for this company going on 4 years. In that time I have won an all expenses paid trip to the Bahamas, I have received substantial compensation for my performance and I have been considered to make the next step to further my career with this rapidly growing company. I have never worked for any company that allowed you write your own paycheck based on how motivated you are to succeed.

Cons

This career isn't for everyone. If you aren't motivated and are happy settling I suggest you look elsewhere. If you like to be recognized and like to showcase your talents I suggest you jump aboard. Don't wait too long or you might miss the opportunity of a lifetime !

We have the ability to consistently grow our company by picking up businesses that don't see it feasible to continue in these hard economic times. We are able to consistently build a bench of skilled professional superstars. Who knows, we might pick up your current employer next! So don't wait join the biggest aftermarket under car care service provider in the industry and write your own future !

Top Pay for TOP PERFORMERS

Current Employee - Region Manager in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Region Manager in Canton, OH

I have been working at Monro Muffler Brake full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I recently returned from Las Vegas on an all expense paid vacation by Monro for my hard work I do for them. In a day and age where companies cut cut cut and look at employees as an expense, FUNNY how Monro still finds an INCREDIBLE way to reward those of us whom believe in hard work and are dedicated to WINNING everyday. Excellent benefits. Compassionate Leadership. Focused on Growth. Market Place DOMINANCE.

Cons

It's NOT for everyone. If you just like to collect a pay check... STAY at the company you are at. If you like to set your own destiny... come on board!

Continue GROWING... Who will we BUY next? Who will become part of the BEST Top Performing Publicly Traded Company in the After Market Auto Repair Industry? Is it your business?

fantastic employer

Former Employee - Internet Support in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Internet Support in Rochester, NY

I worked at Monro Muffler Brake

Pros

Fantastic company to work for. My husbands job forced us to relocate or I still would be there.

Cons

I would have a hard time finding anything wrong with this employer

keep doing a great job!

I'm happy to be here

I have been working at Monro Muffler Brake full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been in the industry 20+ years , After spending the last 10 with a competitor Im glad I made the change.
    You are paid for your preformance and recognised for your hard work and achievements. Nice to finally be appreciated.

Cons

IT could use an upgrade.

Best company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Zone Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Zone Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Monro Muffler Brake

Pros

Came to work here 17 years ago as a store manager, through hard work and recognition by management, I have advanced my career two levels. Everyone has the same opportunities if they apply themselves.

Cons

I have no cons, to share at this time

Top Pay for the BEST performers

Current Employee - Store Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Monro Muffler Brake full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Top performers get PAID well and the ability to be promoted to higher levels.
    Quarterly & Yearly Bonuses & Stock Options are BIG
    Two weeks paid vacation only after one year with the company.
    They give you the ability to run your business as the owner in day to day activities.

Cons

Benefits could be better, BUT do offer medical, dental and eye after 90 days.
    Manager Hours are 55 hours per week on average but do get to make your schedule flexible.

Don't be fooled!!!

Current Employee - Service Manager in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Monro Muffler Brake

Pros

Other than the camaraderie that is formed with co-workers I can't find a single reason as to why anyone would want to work here.

Cons

Bonus? What bonus, haven't had one since becoming service manager 9 months ago. I see a lot of the positive reviews are from zone managers or top brass. Seems like they caught on and are trying to inflate their negative reviews. Don't be fooled folks! I've never met a bunch of more demoralized group than the ones working here.
    Health Insurance is unaffordable, $1200 a month for high deductible family plan. Amazing!!! Way to take care of your workers Monro.

Keep doing what your doing because I can't wait to see all your top talent leave and you guys start selling off your acquisitions.

Terrible leadership and upper management unconcerned about store operations.

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Monro Muffler Brake full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay is great if you hit the goals and work 6 days a week open to close.

Cons

6 days a week - open to close, poor pay plans to retain talented technicians, lack of leadership support,

Practice what you preach. No one likes the do as I say not as I do leaders and to wink and blink at certain situations and expect to hold others accountable is ridiculous. Treat your managers like professionals - hostile work environment that involves upper management cursing and disrespecting management in the presence of customers and associates.

Monro Muffler Brake Photos