Monro Muffler Brake

Monro Muffler Brake Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Monro Muffler Brake Chairman, President, and CEO Robert G. Gross

Robert G. Gross

Overworked and never appreciated.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsIt's better than not working.

ConsThe compensation is horrible. For an office position expect to be paid below what most employers pay. Also expect to be worked to your limit with no support if you have too much to do. Do not expect a raise. Even if one is given it is typically less than 20 cents and hour. I was denied annual raises for advancing to new positions in the company. The final straw was finding out new hires were being paid more, to do less, than I was after being a loyal employee of 4 years. The best advice I can give is if you do end up here get out as fast as possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-think your benefits and take a hard look at all of the favoritism that takes place in your company. Expecting experienced employees to be happy making less than most entry level positions of the same type is a joke. Stop using the industry you are in as an excuse to pay your office workers less. The office work is the exact same regardless of industry.

stay clear of this company

Store Manager (Current Employee) Akron, OH

Prosthere is nothing good to say

ConsToo many hours 55 to 60 per week there stores are dirty nasty run down rat holes, communication is by fax no internet or cable tv for the customers. also This company does not conduct a background check or drug screen. Apparently everyone who has been to prison or does drugs knows this, and works for monro. The techniticions are of low quality mostly hacks and butchers.you will work 12 hours a day every day you work and pay is low as well.

Advice to Senior Managementsell the company to someone that gives a crap

Do not pay enough for the work that is not required

Store Manager (Current Employee) Phila, PA

ProsGain experience on how to work on cars.

ConsStore manager has to work on vehicles and not in the description.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay accordingly and be truthful about what is required.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disorganized, Greedy, Mismanaged, Life Draining. The other reviews were right.

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsYou get a small paycheck. You get your foot into the automotive repair business industry. Everything you see at this company, is why it's failing, and there are so many better companies out there.

ConsEvery store manager is different. You may become employed at a store that is actually decent to work at. I was not.

Work life balance was terrible. 55-60 hours a week as an assistant manager. Pushed to "sell, sell, sell" on a lot of huge profit margin products that my technicians had no experience or formal instruction on.

This company does not conduct a background check or drug screen. Apparently everyone who has been to prison or does drugs knows this, and therefore, gets a job here.

The pay is terrible for technicians and lower management. Store management and higher receive bonuses based on profit and sales. They will up-sell and over-charge for every possible service they can. Profit is the only thing that matters to this company.

You need to pay into a uniform deposit and pay for weekly uniform cleanings. This is the greediest company I have ever seen. The uniform company charges $4.50 to clan uniforms, but they take $11.50 out of your paycheck. They rob every person they can, including their own employees.

Health insurance is a joke with this company at a whopping $650/month for 2 people in NC, and about the same rate for a family. It is unaffordable.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrug test, conduct background checks, and actually care about the people you hire. Then, reduce the profit on everything you sell, so employees can have fair wages and you can change the way this company runs.

A very disorganized and untrusting company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEven though they really aren't a good company to work for, they do seem to be growing through acquisitions.

ConsThey treat their employees in the retail locations terribly and they micromanage in corporate

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the talents of your employees. Trust them to do a good job. Update your IT systems.

Assistant Manger and Lead technician

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) Warrensville Heights, OH

ProsI can work a lot of over time.

ConsThe down side is that sometimes co workers do not do their share of work or do not know how to do the work

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk questions about what is going on before assuming and have a made up mind.

Outdated & slow to update

POS Help Desk (Current Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsThe people I work with

ConsManagement changes their minds with the wind!

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some money to update your shops with today's technology!

dead end

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsIt's a paycheck, decent employees

ConsEverything else, MANY employees are not trust-worthy

Advice to Senior ManagementStop ripping off customers, then bragging about profits/corporate paychecks. Rob Gross is WORTHLESS as a CEO, cares NOTHING about the people that earn him the money that pays for his expensive exotic car collection.....A real douchebag.

Please dont destory your entire life by this place read the reviews!!!!

Automotive Technician (Former Employee) Niagara Falls, NY

ProsThe only pros are some of your co workers are amazing people to work with they help make the day go by quick until your forced to stab them in the back and take their jobs from them then its not so friendly.

ConsWhere to start, monro hires alot of uneducated people and heres the reason why. The pay system can be very overwhelming. I have had to explain it to managers who have worked there for 5+ years and they still dont understand it. Trust me it is made to screw you. Lets see what else, dont ever plan on taking a lunch break but you can bet it will be taken out of your hours. Plan on working off the clock alot so you dont have any overtime because overtime screws you when it comes to the pay system. Plan on never seeing your family ever again, have had many managers tell me that i need to be there from open to close 6 days a week no matter what the schedule says. They could care less about you or your family missed my kids birthday, wifes birthday, mothers birthday, have had to miss court dates which almost lead to an arrest. Family Emergency??? They could care less about a death or an illness as long as you keep pulling them oil changes in!!!! Now the market managers are the scum of the earth. The store managers are usually great people, but the market managers put the store managers jobs on the line daily and force them to treat their employees like crap!!! I have video proof as long as audio. And while were on the subject of market managers, There is not a single one that will tell the truth to you!!!! I had caught mine in so many lies its not even funny.. He just denies he said anything even with audio recording. If you are looking at this company for employment dont bother i have worked for various automotive repair facility's and trust me this is by far the worst. I have seen company's take time to go out of their way to help their employees not hurt them!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementSTOP THE LIES!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN CAUGHT AND THEY STILL CONTINUE.

A company that has zero respect for its employees.

Technician (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThere are no pros working for this company, even the pay sucks unless you can bribe the manager to give you only good paying tickets.

ConsThis company keeps lowering what they pay there employees little by little, they work you unreasonable hours and won't pay anything for for the work you do. They pay 1 tenth of an hour for a safety inspection that takes at least 30 min, 2 tenths for an oil change and checkout that takes 30 min. They make you pay for everything, like benefits. They put nothing towards your future because they just don't care.

Advice to Senior ManagementKarma does come around. Those of you bean counters who take everything away from your employees to save a buck will hopefully get what's coming to them. Karma does come around, those who are good to others have good happen to them. I hope your crap company folds in like an accordion on you. Then you can all go crawl back under the rock you came out from.

Worked for Monro Muffler Brake? Contribute to the Community!