Monroe Staffing Reviews

Updated April 20, 2015
15 reviews filtered by
3.6
Matthew Briand

1. Great Company, Great People!

I have been working at Monroe Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work-life balance
    They invest in your training and development
    Growth potential

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people!

2. Positive experiences - Totally engrossed in the industry and in Monroe Staffing Services

I have been working at Monroe Staffing

Pros

Working at Monroe Staffing has been extremely fulfilling and satisfying. Over the years there have been many changes and challenges in our industry and Monroe has always come to the forefront of any staffing agency I know of, where the employees are always put first. The foundations of Monroe were born on family values and balancing life / work. This has never changed! Fairness, integrity and open door management has made Monroe stand out in the crowd while other agencies have become "bleached bones".

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

3. Sales and Recruiting

I have been working at Monroe Staffing

Pros

I have been working at Monroe for 10 years. Prior to moving to Monroe, I have also worked at 2 other staffing companies. This company has a great work life balance and culture, and provides the tools needed to succeed. I highly recommend working here. Monroe is a great place for anyone that is looking for an opportunity to learn the business and/or continue to build upon a current book of business. The training programs for those coming into this business is top notch!

Cons

No cons that I can think of. This is a great place to work!

Advice to Management

Continue to hire driven , high energy, people that care about each other, the business, our clients, and all of our employees and contractors.

5. MONROE STAFFING

Former Contractor - Windows 7 Migration Team Lead in Englewood, NJ
    Former Contractor - Windows 7 Migration Team Lead in Englewood, NJ

I worked at Monroe Staffing as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the great things about working for Monroe Staffing was their compensation. They were willing to pay a very good amount for my level and experience and it made me feel like my skills where worth it.

Cons

I cannot really think of any cons.

Monroe Staffing Response

Jan 9, 2015Corporate Admin

Thank you for your review on Monroe Staffing, we are happy that you had such a great experience with our company and look forward to working with you in the future.

6. Why they pay so little, no good communication???

Current Contractor - Data Entry Operator in Manchester, CT
    Current Contractor - Data Entry Operator in Manchester, CT

I have been working at Monroe Staffing as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

N/A They really dont have any pros....But they can do better.....

Cons

Not good for:
    paying salary: 10 dollars for a grown adult with many years of experience not good at all; attention to contractor; ex. no call back, no email respond on time, answering/voice mail full, in other words no good communication

Advice to Management

They upper management should get with the program; people are looking for jobs because we need to work ...Mach the skills of your contractors with the paying rate; maintain contact with your contractors, they are your saver....

Monroe Staffing Response

Jan 9, 2015Corporate Admin

We are sorry to hear about your review of our company. We work hard to make sure that both our clients and temporary staffing associates are happy with us and the work that we give them. We continue ... More

7. Stay average that's you best chance to stay with the company long term.

I worked at Monroe Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are 3 leaders within this organization that should have more control. The CFO, the VP of IT, and the VP of LI. These 3 know the business and motivated their teams, and they are loyal to the achievers. They are great with clients and can teach junior and senior people something new daily.

Cons

Very unstable, high turn over within most of their groups. Lead people for teams very green with industry exp. They promote for failure.

Advice to Management

Don't promote for failure and don't let go for success. Learn from the 3 managers I mentioned in the Pro's section

8. Great company to work for

I have been working at Monroe Staffing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Best pay in the industry, fun people to work with and for, and great opportunity for professional and financial growth. Matt Briand, the new CEO has led this company the past 5 years to its greatest success

Cons

None, unless you are not a hard worker who cares about the people you serve

Advice to Management

Continue to allow the independent thinking that has grown the company tremendously over the past 5 years

9. Life Changing Career Opportunities

I have been working at Monroe Staffing

Pros

I've found my experience at Monroe Staffing to offer me opportunities that could have never otherwise been found with my random Liberal Arts Degree. There has been great changes over the years that have created opportunities in multiple new cities and multiple new management roles for us to strive toward.

Cons

Could be national to expand opportunities to more people, but that will come with time.

10. Currently Employed

I have been working at Monroe Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment with chances for advancement from within. If you are the type of person who wants to come to work every day and put in the time it takes to make yourself successful and grow with the company than this is the place for you.

Cons

None that I can think of

11. Worker beware

Current Contractor - Parcel Handler in Manchester, CT
    Current Contractor - Parcel Handler in Manchester, CT

I have been working at Monroe Staffing as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I have not seen any.

Cons

I was going to start working @ this Fed Ex assignment. The orientation went okay except the Fed Ex Management informed people they had the right to throw a person out as if they were a police squad with force. Secondly there was a disparagement of pay. Monroe rewarded their past employees on a higher scale regardless of background(experience or education). I have a degree and the experience. When compared to honor and ethnics, this company should be dissolved. I understand it is okay to make a profit but at the expense of cheating people out of a fair wage? Businesses live and are dissolved because of morality. Look at history.

Advice to Management

Word of mouth and reviews are always greater than advertisement. Your profit has become greater than your integrity. The scales have to balance or your company will fail within the year.