Monroe Staffing

Updated Feb 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mark Christo

Great company to work for

ProsBest pay in the industry, fun people to work with and for, and great opportunity for professional and financial growth. Matt Briand, the new CEO has led this company the past 5 years to its greatest success

ConsNone, unless you are not a hard worker who cares about the people you serve

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to allow the independent thinking that has grown the company tremendously over the past 5 years

Currently Employed

ProsGreat work environment with chances for advancement from within. If you are the type of person who wants to come to work every day and put in the time it takes to make yourself successful and grow with the company than this is the place for you.

ConsNone that I can think of

Life Changing Career Opportunities

ProsI've found my experience at Monroe Staffing to offer me opportunities that could have never otherwise been found with my random Liberal Arts Degree. There has been great changes over the years that have created opportunities in multiple new cities and multiple new management roles for us to strive toward.

ConsCould be national to expand opportunities to more people, but that will come with time.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worker beware

Parcel Handler (Current Employee)
    Manchester, CT

ProsI have not seen any.

ConsI was going to start working @ this Fed Ex assignment. The orientation went okay except the Fed Ex Management informed people they had the right to throw a person out as if they were a police squad with force. Secondly there was a disparagement of pay. Monroe rewarded their past employees on a higher scale regardless of background(experience or education). I have a degree and the experience. When compared to honor and ethnics, this company should be dissolved. I understand it is okay to make a profit but at the expense of cheating people out of a fair wage? Businesses live and are dissolved because of morality. Look at history.

Advice to Senior ManagementWord of mouth and reviews are always greater than advertisement. Your profit has become greater than your integrity. The scales have to balance or your company will fail within the year.

exactly what I expected when joining this temp agency

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe position I held was local, and it was a very easy experience being hired by them,

Consinexperienced management out in the field. There is a lack of drive within the offices, and they pit the employees against each other,

Advice to Senior Managementmake a team environment within the offices, train the management to work with their employees, the main focus should be the clients and employees that you serve, and with this company it is not. revamp your commission structures to not pit the employees against one another

Neutral

Test Technician (Former Employee)
    Wallingford, CT

Proscomparatively decent benefit packages; a small possibility of advancement

ConsNo regular evaluation or promotion

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Eh... it's work!

Systems Administrator (Current Employee)
    Monroe, CT

ProsCompetitive pay package, and friendly staff. Since it's a smaller organization, you'll quickly learn everyone's name and they'll remember yours. If you're looking for a short term or temporary contract, they're good people to talk to.

ConsPoor choices in medical insurance with limited coverage and high co-pay. Since it's primarily a temporary staffing firm, there aren't many chances for advancement or long-term employment. Occasional issues with getting paid on time for weekly contract work as well. Time cards have a bad habit of getting lost, causing occasional delays in getting paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementBesides offering better insurance, an online time tracking system would be better than their existing system of faxing in paper time cards every week.

It was a good expm simple procedure

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosbenefits, holidays, health care plans

ConsI cant think of any

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Worked for Monroe Staffing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Monroe Staffing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Monroe Staffing CEO Mark Christo. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Monroe Staffing employees.