Monsanto Company

Monsanto Company Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Monsanto Company Chairman and CEO Hugh Grant

Hugh Grant

Pros:
  • "Salary is good, hikes are decent, pretty good work life balance in the company"
    in 41 reviews
  • "Great benefits and pay was competitive"
    in 20 reviews
Cons:
  • "No work life balance in reality, however this is one of the slogans of the company"
    in 27 reviews
  • "Tendency to work long hours, and lots of political games (the company calls this "networking")"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Excellent people, real experience

Research Assistant (Former Employee)
    Chesterfield, MO

ProsGood pay & relocation
    worked in the lab, did real experiments and real lab techniques
    excellent hours

ConsHighly random which division you get into- I think that I was lucky in my placement and the work I did was an excellent experience

Advice to Senior ManagementThe relocation was not sensible- I feel I got paid too much for the relocation I did, and thats just bleeding money for no reason.

Good company with strong vision and direction in general

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Singapore (Singapore)

ProsA company that is not afraid to reinvent itself, willing to invest in its people and grow commercially. Changes are constant and helps the company to renew itself

ConsSome people are uncomfortable with constant change

Awesome learning experience with a lot of challenges.

Laboratory Technician (Current Employee)
    Creve Coeur, MO

ProsConstant change and development among teams.

ConsA lot of contract work, difficult to get hired permanently

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work.

ProsCompetitive salaries, very flexible work environment.

ConsSt Louis isn't for everyone.

World class researchers here

Senior Research Scientist (Former Employee)
    Creve Coeur, MO

ProsIn the science divisions at Monsanto you will work with world class researchers on interesting projects for commercialization. You will also work with many different disciplines on project teams. Great opportunities for development.

ConsWork does not shut off, e-mails will come all the time and all through the weekend. There is a very strong work ethic to get the job done there, but it makes it hard to take downtime and vacation time.

Great company that fosters a creative work environment

Research Assistant (Current Employee)
    Thomasboro, IL

ProsThe company fosters a creative work environment with people of varying positions working collaboratively to bring more innovative products to the market.

ConsI do not have any negatives to say about this company. I have been extremely happy with the time that I have spent working for this company.

Very positive until they decided to reduce quality and cost simultaneously.

Client Services (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsGreat benefits. Plenty of holidays and ample vacation time. Excellent CEO who presented superior town hall meetings. Good pay.

ConsOur team was very experienced and took pride in quality delivered. The company sacrificed our quality by hiring contractors.

Advice to Senior ManagementBefore laying off dedicated workers, give them the option of reduced benefits or pay.

Evolved HR Processes

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Mumbai (India)

ProsInformal environment, great peers, freedom to choose your working style, high respect for individuals

ConsVery consensus driven, early perceptions about people can last very long and are difficult to change

Advice to Senior ManagementBring more diversity in top management

The World class Safety & Biotech driven Organization.

Testing Operations Manager (Current Employee)
    Akola, Maharashtra (India)

ProsSafety-EHS at highest priority
    Pledge elements & work ethics.
    Freedom to operate.
    Human rights compliance,

ConsWork life balance is encouraged.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorld class management to steer Biotech & Breeding to eradicate Hunger & powerty through sustainable development with employment,food & fiber production,safety culture & human rights globally.

Fast moving company - well rewarding experience

Financial Planning & Analysis Intern (Former Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsMonsanto is a fantastic company involved in a lot of complex work. I interned with them over the summer and will be accepting a full-time position with them for when I graduate. Here are some of the positive things that you'll find about the company:

- Challenging: the work that the company will have you do is challenging. It will make you think and they always reward employees who go above and beyond expectations.
    - Great pay: as far as entry level roles go, the company is pretty much at or above the market competitive salaries for similar positions. The nice thing about the company is there is nice growth in your salary as you progress through the company.
    - AWESOME culture: I was sold the most on Monsanto's culture. You just can't beat it. Management trusts its employees and in return the employees are very productive. There isn't any clocking in or clocking out - it's just trusted that you put in your hours and get your work done for the day. If you have to miss work due to a family matter, you are allowed to work at home although not suggested. The way the employees are treated in this company is fantastic. The comradery and teamwork that I witnessed had me sold as well. Just like any company politics still plays a part in the business - it's no different with Monsanto, but the environment is what you want to be in.
    - Promising future: Monsanto is in the agriculture industry which isn't going anywhere. The company has been the industry leaders for years and will continue to be as long as it continues investing in R&D the way that it does.

ConsThe company did away with its fantastic pension plan, which is a bummer.
    Working for Monsanto can be challenging, although it pays off. There may be some weeks that you need to put in more than 50 hours to keep pace with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep making your employees feel important. If I could focus on one thing it would be to really ensure that TOP/High quality candidates are being moved up and focus less on anything else.

Worked for Monsanto Company? Contribute to the Community!

Monsanto Company Videos

Monsanto Company – Why Work for Us?

Monsanto has always embraced innovation and always focused on helping to make a better world. You can see it in our groundbreaking products and in our dynamic environment where your skills and your career can grow and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Monsanto Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Monsanto Company CEO Hugh Grant. All 379 reviews posted anonymously by Monsanto Company employees.