Monsanto Company

Monsanto Company Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Monsanto Company Chairman and CEO Hugh Grant

Hugh Grant

Pros
  • competitive salary; great work-life balance; flexible enough to grow career in the area of your interest(in 46 reviews)

• Great work-life balance, great work culture, great benefits(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is the motto but in reality business expectation do not align(in 29 reviews)

• Tendency to work long hours, and lots of political games (the company calls this "networking")(in 16 reviews)

Great pay, good company.

Field Technician (Former Employee) Othello, WA

ProsPayed well, great safety policies. Management was professional.

ConsOnly worked summer time, it was mildly labor intensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was great.

Excellent people, real experience

Research Assistant (Former Employee) Chesterfield, MO

ProsGood pay & relocation
    worked in the lab, did real experiments and real lab techniques
    excellent hours

ConsHighly random which division you get into- I think that I was lucky in my placement and the work I did was an excellent experience

Advice to Senior ManagementThe relocation was not sensible- I feel I got paid too much for the relocation I did, and thats just bleeding money for no reason.

Good company with strong vision and direction in general

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsA company that is not afraid to reinvent itself, willing to invest in its people and grow commercially. Changes are constant and helps the company to renew itself

ConsSome people are uncomfortable with constant change

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome learning experience with a lot of challenges.

Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) Creve Coeur, MO

ProsConstant change and development among teams.

ConsA lot of contract work, difficult to get hired permanently

Great place to work.

ProsCompetitive salaries, very flexible work environment.

ConsSt Louis isn't for everyone.

World class researchers here

Senior Research Scientist (Former Employee) Creve Coeur, MO

ProsIn the science divisions at Monsanto you will work with world class researchers on interesting projects for commercialization. You will also work with many different disciplines on project teams. Great opportunities for development.

ConsWork does not shut off, e-mails will come all the time and all through the weekend. There is a very strong work ethic to get the job done there, but it makes it hard to take downtime and vacation time.

Great company that fosters a creative work environment

Research Assistant (Current Employee) Thomasboro, IL

ProsThe company fosters a creative work environment with people of varying positions working collaboratively to bring more innovative products to the market.

ConsI do not have any negatives to say about this company. I have been extremely happy with the time that I have spent working for this company.

Very positive until they decided to reduce quality and cost simultaneously.

Client Services (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsGreat benefits. Plenty of holidays and ample vacation time. Excellent CEO who presented superior town hall meetings. Good pay.

ConsOur team was very experienced and took pride in quality delivered. The company sacrificed our quality by hiring contractors.

Advice to Senior ManagementBefore laying off dedicated workers, give them the option of reduced benefits or pay.

Evolved HR Processes

Project Manager (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsInformal environment, great peers, freedom to choose your working style, high respect for individuals

ConsVery consensus driven, early perceptions about people can last very long and are difficult to change

Advice to Senior ManagementBring more diversity in top management

The World class Safety & Biotech driven Organization.

Testing Operations Manager (Current Employee) Akola, Maharashtra (India)

ProsSafety-EHS at highest priority
    Pledge elements & work ethics.
    Freedom to operate.
    Human rights compliance,

ConsWork life balance is encouraged.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorld class management to steer Biotech & Breeding to eradicate Hunger & powerty through sustainable development with employment,food & fiber production,safety culture & human rights globally.

Worked for Monsanto Company? Contribute to the Community!