Monsanto Company

Monsanto Company Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Monsanto Company Chairman and CEO Hugh Grant

Hugh Grant

Pros:
  • "Salary is good, hikes are decent, pretty good work life balance in the company"
    in 41 reviews
  • "Great benefits and pay was competitive"
    in 20 reviews
Cons:
  • "No work life balance in reality, however this is one of the slogans of the company"
    in 27 reviews
  • "Tendency to work long hours, and lots of political games (the company calls this "networking")"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company to work for... if you're a full-time employee!

Seasonal Laborer (Current Employee)

ProsThey offer competitive pay and paid holidays off to their seasonal employees.

ConsThey are able to work you 40 hours a week for years on end but consider you a "seasonal employee" so they don't have to offer you the same benefits a full-time employee receives. There is no true management; most upper level managers aren't even in the same state as their employees which doesn't provide the correct structure that is needed for employees.

Crop Intern

Crop (Current Employee)
    Monmouth, IL

ProsLearned a ton of valuable information. They provided great knowledge with cutting edge technology. The management at the Monmouth farm really allowed a lot of freedom and trusted us with our jobs.

Really enjoyed the experience and value the information I learned during that summer

ConsLong hours were sometimes tough but always were taken care of.

Monsanto is a challenging and enjoyable place to work.

Planner (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsInteresting problems to solve. Other perks besides salary.

ConsMatrix structure is sometimes hard to understand and navigate.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!

Proscompetitive salary; great work-life balance; flexible enough to grow career in the area of your interest

Conssenior management is sometimes too biased towards certain group of people; your talent may not always be recognized if you can't speak up for yourself

Excellent work culture, excellent benefits

Fixed Asset Accountant (Current Employee)
    Creve Coeur, MO

ProsGreat work-life balance, great work culture, great benefits

Conscareer growth is a little slow. Very hard to get a job there.

Monsanto really makes a difference in the world

ProsBig focus on diversity. Compensation and benefits package is competitive.

ConsLong hours, constant change in leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on all employees not just those identifed as high potential / high performers

Nice work culture at bangalore office, but lack of designation increment

Process Engineer (Former Employee)
    Bangalore (India)

ProsNice work environment, friendly people.

ConsLack of growth opportunities. People keep on shift to other processes but designation wise hardly anybody has succeeded.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more growth opportunities for internal employees.

Great for those who have the guts to push forward...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunity to make your mark, company is open to incorporate progressive ideas, opportunity to travel and network with colleagues from all over the world. Genuine strive to deliver. Good products.

Cons'Dog eat dog' company culture, very competitive/political within the organization, highly matrixed with poor processes. Too frequent rotations of leaders thus ad-hoc promotional/career decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice downward management not just upward.

Awesome opportunity to understand the plant electrical engineering

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee)
    Luling, LA

ProsGreat/Fun people to work with- You can't find a better team to work with.
    Great place to learn plant engineering. Senior engineers are easy to work with. Family like atmosphere.

ConsStagnant career. Advancement require a lot of patience and perception rules!! Also, Management wants to do things that will make a better power point presentation, while everyone knows reality out in the field is completely different! No one listens to quarterly reviews, but plant manager likes them- so he can put a bullet point on his resume.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to look good with temporary cost savings and do what will benefit the company in the long run. Stop "organisational changes". It doesn't matter how you cut it, work is work and the only way to do it is to get up and get at it!

Great company for challenging you to grow in your skills

ProsI feel I am pushed very hard to where my skills are developed under pressure. In the end after the day is over I have the work accomplished and have gained new skills. Leadership is great at encouraging innovation.

ConsWorking overtime feels necessary just to get everything done with an understaffed group

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to encourage innovation for different ways of doing things. Do not get stuck in a rut doing something 1 way because that's just how it's always been done.

Worked for Monsanto Company? Contribute to the Community!

Monsanto Company Videos

Monsanto Company – Why Work for Us?

Monsanto has always embraced innovation and always focused on helping to make a better world. You can see it in our groundbreaking products and in our dynamic environment where your skills and your career can grow and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Monsanto Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Monsanto Company CEO Hugh Grant. All 377 reviews posted anonymously by Monsanto Company employees.