Monsoon Multimedia

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

William Loesch

A company which emerged out as a winner after all the rough weather!

I have been working at Monsoon Multimedia full-time

ProsTrue geniuses will love to work here since there is a lot of room for R&D.
Flexible work timings.
Very balanced work pressure.
Management with a heart, they understand your problems - when in need!
Good work culture and interpersonal relationship.

ConsOnly a good talent can hire another good talent, previously this company made a lot of hiring mistakes. Wrong engineers in the wrong department, position and work - somewhat collectively responsible for the quality of work and culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many projects, too much work, its easy to get defocused. Have separate managers and engineers for separate projects.
Bring in some market research and analysis team.
Prevent non-technical people taking engineering decisions!

worst senior leadership ever seen

Professional (Former Employee)
San Mateo, CA

I worked at Monsoon Multimedia full-time for less than a year

Proslocated in San Mateo behind Marriotts. easy commute.

a few real talents on the team. learn a lot from these guys.

quiet office location

Consday-to-day management is non-existing. you do what you want, until the next totally un-coordinated fire drill from chairman.

exec team spends lavishly on themselves, fancy travel and dining. no respect for share holders nor employees.

get out quickly while you can

Advice to Senior Managementget real and get a life

Get out as quickly as you can

Professional Position (Former Employee)
San Mateo, CA

I worked at Monsoon Multimedia

ProsHQ is located in a small non-descriptive office at 101/92 junction next to Marriots hotel.

People can do whatever they want, or whatever they don't want.

ConsSenior leadership (Chairman, CEO and GM) is sadly focused on their own welfare instead of helping the company to grow.

A shame to see some real talents still sticking around.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop focusing on yourself.
Start focusing on shareholder value, employee growth and marketing potential.

Lastly, stop wasting all the money on first-class flights and fancy 5-star hotels

Nice place to work

Software Developer (Current Employee)
Noida (India)

I have been working at Monsoon Multimedia full-time for more than a year

Pros- challenging work
- good team
- decent salary
- flexible work environment
- ample room for technical growth

Cons- High focus on execution instead of innovation.
- Not enough effort on marketing, branding.
- Management lacks leadership and vision to propel the organization full-steam ahead.

Advice to Senior Management- need to invest more on r&d, innovation, product/brand marketing

Don't Join. If joined, leave before its too late.

Software Developer (Former Employee)
Noida (India)

I worked at Monsoon Multimedia full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexible timings.
Meal coupons.
Tax savings on fuel and phone.
Good salary (deduct the PF coz they never pay it).

Cons1. Deducts PF but do not credit PF to account. People who have left 4 years ago are still fighting to get their PF money

2. Will not pay income tax on time. Income tax of year 2010-11 was payed after 1 year.

3. Work pressure. People have to work 24 hrs straight sometimes to meet deadlines

4. Horrible code quality. Lacking experienced developers. most of the code is written by freshers. One line change may cascade to 10 new bugs.

5. Management is ill mannered and will swear and shout at you.

6. Managers avoid taking responsibility of their mistakes and play blame games and may get you fired. Last year a poor fresher got fired just because of that.

7. Leaving the co will be a nightmare. They will not give you the experience certificate easily and in some case they wrote ill words about the employee on the certificate.

8. Your stuff might get stolen if you leave it on your desk. I saw two cases of mobile phone theft.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop doing false business and concentrate on building a company.

Fraud company

I have been working at Monsoon Multimedia full-time for more than a year

ProsThey give a laptop to work from home even though there culture is factory labourer type .there managers figure some artificial excuse to get the employee to the office on weekends

ConsAll I can say is that I still havent got my final settlement since 1.5 yrs of leaving the company
The company didnt pay me salary during notice period and even after that a huge percent of my settlement ammount is pending since 1.5 years.
And they say they have been out of funds, yet continue to post openings etc and operate. Even Lehmann paid there layed-off employees there dues.One can say that even without thinking and facts..

But for monsoon multimedia which often gets stuck with Tax departments or Free software foundations , one cannot say the same..Funds or not , Fraud definitely resides in the company.

Management believes that they can do whatever they want and have no need of justifying their decisions and discussing them with the employees and so do the long-standing senior employees

management has no idea of the status of the product and employees do whatever they want (learning from the management which doesnt feel a need to give reason)

Have mostly seen blame game and fights rather than work and co-operation,Most employees aren't like that its just that management pressurizes and creates a negative environment

Management is people oriented not work oriented ; if a problem comes up rather than analyzing it , coming up with strategy or plan they have the attitude of pressurizing the employees rather than investigating reasons etc

My manager discouraged me frm sending communications about product info to "outside" dev center or someone higher than him
Acted like a monitor forcing his wrong ways , decisions etc.

Lone savior for them is that when I joined them there staff had gotten reduced due to bad economy etc so maybe best talent wasnt there..But from there history and the level of staff theyhad it wasn't a very impressive reading.

Amazing work environment, Everyday something new to learn.

Tech Support Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Monsoon Multimedia full-time for more than a year

ProsIts a US based product development company which deals in Timeshifting and Placeshifting devices. Only one line to say about this.
                                                 "World's First "All-In-One Video Product"
                   Schedule, Record & Watch TV On Smartphones And iPads - Record Like A TiVo
Watch YouTube On Your TV - Watch Video, Photos From Cameras, PC's, Smartphones On Your TV"

ConsOnly one down side of the company is that there is no work timings. Some time we have to work in lengthy shifts.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing everything is smooth and fine.

Worked for Monsoon Multimedia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Monsoon Multimedia reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Monsoon Multimedia CEO William Loesch. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Monsoon Multimedia employees.