Monster Worldwide

Monster Worldwide Reviews in Boston, MA

Updated Jun 2, 2014

Monster Worldwide Chairman, President, and CEO Sal Iannuzzi

Sal Iannuzzi

Pros
  • Work-life balance is good - no need to take work home at high(in 25 reviews)

• Good benefits, free soda, and they bring in lunch at end of months and quarters(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management has lost focus - more concerened with tracking metrics then actual selling(in 17 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't act on problems(in 13 reviews)

88 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Management team always has your back

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Weston, MA

ProsGreat Training Programs, Management team always has your back

ConsHR Benefits are sparse and over priced. Out of the last 9 years, raises were only given out three times and its been over four years since a bonus was seen.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within, seems that a lot of people here start in a positon and stay in the same position.

They don't value their employees

Internet Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) Maynard, MA

ProsGreat people. The managers, and colleagues on the inside sales team were great co-workers. I think their sales training program was fantastic as well. I have never come out of a on-boarding training more ready to go than Monsters. Also, they paid hourly, which also meant they paid over time which made up for a lower salary.

ConsToo long to list. Poor compensation, weak benefits, lock of respect for sales team. Once you put your 2 weeks in they will doc your pay, or send you a bill. I hit my number while I was there, so I'm still baffled at this. In fact I would be writing a good review until I experienced their exiting process. I only left because I had an offer I couldn't refuse...now I'm glad that I left there. Not really any other career opportunities once you get here. Most of the team had been there for 7+ years. I didn't see any promotions while I was there either.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're employees are trained well and work hard. Start treating them like it...and I don't mean buying ice cream at EOQ. I heard that Monster used to take care of the sales team before Sal came aboard as CEO. Maybe the change needs to be made at the top.

Great opportunity: Opens doors professionally, gain global-based project perspective

Interaction Designer (Former Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsStrong recognizable brand name— adding Monster to your resume may help open some doors for you as it did for me. Opportunity to work on projects with international reach. Personally, I had a excellent direct manager who believed in investing in the growth of his team, offering some training on the job. Good work-life balance. Nice scenic and convenient location in the Cambridge / Kendall branch.

ConsProduct managers seemed somewhat clueless at times. Semi-aloof culture — not a particularly warm company toward contractors. You may find pockets of friendly people even if they aren't in your own department.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work overall

Customer Service (Current Employee) Weston, MA

ProsGood benefits, good pay, great work/balance very flexible. Very employee focused. Really does promote from within.

ConsLacks good on boarding training. (Trainers are great). Tends to focus on the fluff rather than addressing the issues at hand

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in better on-boarding training. For the most part Monster is pretty good everything. (Something that is very hard to say about a lot of other places)

Presents well on first look, struggles to uphold the promises

Manager Release Engineering (Former Employee) Maynard, MA

ProsRelaxed environment, tries to provide a casual, constructive atmosphere. There are some really good folks that try to do the right thing.

ConsThe company retains a vast majority of original long term contributors. While experience is quite useful for the newcomers. This presents a challenge to those trying to take things to the next level. Adoption to change is difficult for folks that were and are responsible for the start of Monster

OK company to work for

Manager of Sales Operations (Former Employee) Maynard, MA

ProsOverall the company is OK. Not much to say about it.

Consdepends what department you are working in.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to take care of your employees. Would like to see the company in the top company to work for.

Interview Process

Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Weston, MA

ProsThe interview process was intense, enlightening and efficient. I had 2 phone interviews and then 4 face to face. Unlike other interviews, these really were focused on me as a person rather than the boiler plate "Tell me about what you have done". Very satisfied with the process!

ConsTook a little longer than expected to process background check, however the managing recruiter was in daily contact with updates to reassure that nothing had changed, just waiting.

Advice to Senior ManagementSo far so good!

Account Manager

Accunt Manager (Former Employee) Maynard, MA

ProsGood Benefits and Work Life Balance They will pay you to team on a sale so essentially they pay the commission twice for the same sale when they shouldn't. Some good people. 40 hours pay even when you don't work it no one really tracks how long you actually work when in sales.

ConsVery poor management all the way to the top. There are some good ones that know what they are doing, but they are far and few. There are so many employees ready to cut your throat if possible. There is to much favoritism from the managers they don't treat all employees equal. There are managers who know an employees that come in at 9:00 leave by 4:00 with an 1 hour or 2 hour lunch they put in a time card for 8 hours worked. While the same manager will get on another employees case about being 1 hour off on their time card.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry hiring managers with the actual ability to manager people not just move them up from sales people because they achieve sales quotas and they are liked. There are some that are good managers, but many that are not qualified.

Went downhill fast after founder and early executives left. Used to be fun, now it is just a factory.

Telesales Executive (Former Employee) Maynard, MA

ProsYoung telesales group that was competitive In a good way amongst themselves.

Good benefits, free soda, and they bring in lunch at end of months and quarters.

ConsNew c-level managers suck. A bunch of retreads from Motorola. No industry experience.

Constantly messed with territories and quotas. No consistency. High pressure and if you get the wrong manager, you will want to quit.

Totally missed on strategy for mobile for years. That is why linked in and indeed are killing them.

Stopped innovating and was ok with being the big bully for market share.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue and either acquire an innovative competitor or sell to a bigger firm with resources to innovate. You are moving toward irrelevance.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Lack of real Management

Sales (Current Employee) Maynard, MA

ProsGreat Co-Worker
    Okay Benefits
    Flexibilty of Time off
    Good Location

ConsNo Accountability for actual time worked by employees.
    Lack of real Management
    Favoritism to some employees
    Managers use internet inappropriately as do employees.
    Sales people are give spiffs for things they should be doing as part of their normal jobs they are being paid to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to make sure you employees are actually working and putting in the hours they claim on there time cards. There employees who come in at 10am leave at 4pm and take 2 hour lunches. You also have people claiming to be working and are actually on vacation with with the family or or friends.

Worked for Monster Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!