Monster Worldwide

Monster Worldwide Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Monster Worldwide Chairman, President, and CEO Sal Iannuzzi

Sal Iannuzzi

Pros:
  • "Monster is pretty good at work life balance"
    in 23 reviews
  • "Good benefits, free soda, and they bring in lunch at end of months and quarters"
    in 20 reviews
Cons:
  • "Senior management has lost focus - more concerened with tracking metrics then actual selling"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Upper management doesn't act on problems"
    in 13 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company, with some caveats

ProsExcellent coworkers, cutting edge technology, ability to work with as much or as little supervision as you want in the field

ConsHigh sales quotas, leadership doesn't do a great job of messaging the strength of the technology, and they often put themselves before their employees, kind of a "when you get to our level you can have great perks like this too"

Advice to Senior ManagementSacrifice more. Give people under you perks that you DON'T get. Don't just listen to people who tell you what you want to hear.

Ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood immediate manager - flexible and good worklife balance

Conslack of company wide direction

Not Innovative, lots of red tape

Sales (Former Employee)
    Maynard, MA

Prosnot much to speak of - mostly chasing their tail and wishing they were linkedin. Very late to the game

Consmanagement is not supportive, CEO is not innovative, the company thinks b/c they were one of the first sites on the internet, that should be enough to get customers to buy - NOPE

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your people and pay attention to the market.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Experience. Lot of energy.

ProsBright People, Good Pay, Great Support Team To Help Get the job done. Great Contest For Sales People, Good Commission Structure

ConsIt is Very stressful. It is very difficult to have a personal life. Otherwise Monster is a great place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Managers don't work well together. Many times sales reps are left to resolve channel conflict with Media Partners. This dysfunctional set-up makes the job stressful and unproductive.

Good professional growth and work-life balance; Muddled product vision; aloof culture

(Former Employee)

ProsIdeal location (Cambridge), recognizable and well-respected brand name to build your professional experience. Working at Monster opens doors and offers you an opportunity to learn from a solid methodology. Opportunity to work on projects with global considerations for more large-scale problem solving. I had an excellent manager who invested in the team's professional development, but I cannot comment on whether this is a uniform experience throughout the company. Good pay. Meaningful work i.e. helps people find jobs.

ConsAloof culture overall. Product management's vision seems unfocused without a fresh and insightful view on how to reach their desired target audience.

Overall my experience was ok

Support (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits
    Flexible schedule
    Good work env.

ConsToo many chiefs not enough indians. The CEO is completely clueless and made my boss do his pet projects which was in appropriate.
    Poor direction and then when it didnt work they had massive layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementSal needs to leave monster before he does anymore damage and the company goes under. Ive never seen incomptence on such a scale and someone who has made so many mistakes keeep their job. I would never work there again until he goes back to NY

High Expectations but LOVE IT

ProsHome office, Good pay, good benefits

Conscan't use PTO without feeling guilty

Ok

ProsOk company, some good folks. Decent location. Can't really think about anything particularly great about this place anymore. Kind of a dinosaur

Consneeds to get some fresh eyes in the product group, a lack of vision has killed this company. Hasn't had a truly unique product since the job board in 2000

Advice to Senior ManagementMove on

Aging Dinosaur

Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee)
    Maynard, MA

ProsGreat people and convenient location

ConsToo many layoffs that aren't well thought out as one year later they post the position that they just laid off! This puts a lot of pressure on the people left behind to now do two or more jobs with no pay increase! Too much in-fighting among management.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to save money, cut back on your own salaries and bonuses and stop overworking the employees!

Overall positive experience

Prosmost of the people who work at Monster are great. the products and solutions we have to sell to our customers are great and very dependable too.

Conslack of direction. sometimes seems like a very disorganized organization. lack of internal resources makes it hard to compete.

Advice to Senior Managementsenior leadership may want to spend more time in front of customers to stay connected to how people feel about ours solutions and overall service offerings and what they are interested in. compeition seems to do a better job so staying more connected to both customers and employees.

Worked for Monster Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Monster Worldwide reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Monster Worldwide CEO Sal Iannuzzi. All 324 reviews posted anonymously by Monster Worldwide employees.