Monster Worldwide Reviews

Reset

Great Culture, Great People

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company treats its employees great. They are continually expanding into the market with innovative new products. Work/life balance is fantastic!

Cons

No leadership programs to prepare you for management roles.

Things could be better!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Florence, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Florence, SC

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You're employed in South Carolina, so it could be worse. The pay is decent, not great but decent. The building is nice! Some managers are great and work hard to help their team.

Cons

Promotions don't come, if they do, you won't get them regardless of how qualified you are. Site Director is bringing his former co-workers from said company to fill various positions. Please note all positions his former colleagues have gotten are all in manangment. People that have been with the company for 4+ years are still in the same places. Not merit increases in years! And if you do get a merit increase, pray they don't take it from you when/if you get a promotion. No HR onsite which equals a free for all with manangment. They can do no wrong. High turnover in Customer Service! Moral is at an all time low!

Advice to Management

Be more concerned about your employees. People who are treated and compensated fairly will work harder for you. You need more leaders instead of "managers"! Glassdoor is probably the only place to tell how you feel about the company. Upper management does not care about their employees. Stop allowing upper management to hire people off the street who know nothing about Monster and promote from within!

Great opportunities with a great company.

Current Employee - Sales in Florence, SC
    Current Employee - Sales in Florence, SC

Pros

The people, the pay (when you do well, after all it is a sales job and if you suck you don't make a lot), my boss, the mission.

Cons

There are people that have a very ignorant view of the direction monster is taking. You see it all over this site through negative reviews. Sometimes it is hard to be positive when there are so many negative people with an unrealistic expectation of the job and business in general. The company is adapting to the change in the marketplace faster and more smart than any of the competitors. Yes it would be nice to fail and still get 100% commission or a pat on the back, but that is not how business works. Sales is a very different job than most, yes the company gives you pto, but a true sales person knows that everyday missed in the office is an opportunity and a sale not made. The biggest con about monster is that they allow these negative, spiteful people work there. Monster is a great company and will continue to do great things.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the negative, ignorant, and unsuccessful sales people. They are poisoning the waters.

Field Sales

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

the company does always try to do right by it employees. I have been here for longer than the majority of people who work here and can tell you for all its faults the company also seems to try and make things right. selling for a company that actually has a product that is tied to a noble cause. the ability to go into a client and say whatever it is you are trying to do in human capital we are willing to find a solution for you and if we don't have it we will build it.

Cons

animosity throughout the company. animosity in sales between reps (especially telesales) can make it painful to work in the office. take the management team too long to listen to reps and make changes (making us plug media in every deal in spite of the core products, driving down margins). the company says it wants to act more mobile but doesn't hold itself to that. sale operations is legitimately against the sales team. approvals on deals internally can last days yet we then plead with clients to sign in seconds. The new comp plan doesn't match up with company goals like they say it does.

Advice to Management

listen to all levels of employees. create a better atmosphere internally where everyone isn't always freaked out about their jobs. when we have top down scare tactics it creates bad business practices. Regional Managers then freak out and Rep Level we push for deals that make no sense for the client or for Monster. Clearly define our goals. Not just internally but what they are to the street. CAREER PATH - we are in human capital yet we are terrible with internally managing career opportunities.

media account manager

Pros

Flexibility, training, incentives, nice work area

Cons

No structure for policies

Get out quick

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Pros

Great PTO and benefits. Use to be more flexible in the past

Cons

Upper Management in Florence is clueless. Sales gets all the benefits. We take calls all day and get leftover food as a perk. Corvettes to sales but no bonus or raise for us in years.

Advice to Management

Remember the little people

Micromanagement

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Monster Worldwide (More than a year)

Pros

The work with helping clients is very rewarding.

Cons

Management rules with fear of losing your job.

Advice to Management

Hire managers who are progressive and don't gossip. If you aren't a favorite you will be let go.

Director of Client Services

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Professional, Intelligent, subject matter expert

Cons

Benefits aren't the best out there.

Manager

I worked at Monster Worldwide part-time

Pros

There are some very talented people that work at Monster.

Cons

Monster is lacking vision good leadership.

Regret

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The non-management employees share a common bond in that we're all in this same boat together and has created a kind of comradery.

Cons

Over the last 7 years the stock price is down 75% which clearly indicates that Monster is broken. As a result, there is an environment of desperation and micromanagement.

Advice to Management

Open up and work with the employees more closely to get back in touch with the reality on the street. As opposed to dictating and forcing actions upon people and customers, work with them. You may be surprised at the results.

RSS Feed </> Embed