Monster Worldwide

www.monster.com

Monster Worldwide Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Monster Worldwide Chairman, President, and CEO Sal Iannuzzi

Sal Iannuzzi

Pros
  • Work-life balance is good - no need to take work home at high(in 25 reviews)

• Good benefits, free soda, and they bring in lunch at end of months and quarters(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management has lost focus - more concerened with tracking metrics then actual selling(in 17 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't act on problems(in 13 reviews)

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Happy & Interesting

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsTalented people who know how to get the job done.

ConsCompetitors make success more challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers reviewed by staff.

Great Pay but Strange Structure and out of touch

Key Account Executive (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat pay (both salary and commission).
    Fun Culture - depending on your sales manager

ConsManagement thinks Monster is still #1. People arent using Monster like they used to and people are not as impressed with the name brand anymore. The name doesnt sell itself anymore. Its a dying industry. They are behind the 8-ball.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople over profits and you would be surprised how performance can take off.

Its all about money at San Francisco.

(Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsOccasional perks (happy hours, sodas, weekly lunches), and great location (downtown San Fran). If you're naturally very talkative and social, you'll at least have a good time with some of the people here. If not, don't bother.

ConsYou ever seen those "get a free iPod!" sites, or those annoying "get a degree from ITT Tech!" forms that pop up on Monster.com whenever you try to do anything?

That's basically what the San Francisco office is.

It is very much a money counting place where they only care about leads and revenue calculation, plain and simple. Nobody cares about the users who use their sites (SF office deals with community sites not monster.com proper), its all a farm for lead generation forms. When i say money counting i mean that literally, up to the hour people are looking at the dollar amounts from people who fill out forms and making decisions based on that.

To be fair, this might not be so bad as long as you know what you're getting into. Some people do really well in this kind of environment. Others like to provide some value to the users in return for making money - if the latter applies to you, forget about this place.

You get no positive feedback at all when you do a good job, but get definite feedback on a bad job.

The people who have been around for years from when "affinity labs' was bought by Monster.com, they have a very clique-ish mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at your departmental managers. They're not as good as you think you are.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Monster Worldwide - trying hard but still falling behind

Product Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGood opportunities for advancement, the organization is mostly a meritocracy, vacation time is above average if you can find the time to actually use it.

ConsMonster is a big company and it struggles under it's own weight. In a market that's filled with younger, more mobile companies, innovation at Monster is stifled by corporate bureaucracy.

Advice to Senior ManagementMonster is a web 1.0 company struggling in a web 2.0 world. Adapting current best practices and focusing on getting beyond the keyword/zipcode job search would be a step in the right direction. Focusing on user experience and interface would go a long way toward increasing the consumer value proposition.

Leading Web 2.0 Company Finds Its Own Niche

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe people at Affinity are what makes this working environment light and exciting. People are allowed to have fun and are encouraged to work hard. Because we're still very young but have great potential, everyone is motivated to be the best, to top last month's numbers, to always be improving. Our company feels transparent and strong.

ConsI'd have to say that its hard to keep up with the pace - we're growing fast. It feels competitive at times, which can be good or bad. Also, there is not much room for vertical growth - everyone plays their own role and that's it. Of course, these are all common downsides of a start-up-like company, which comes with many benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile the company is intimate and hardworking, I feel uncertain about my performance because we don't receive enough feedback. I'm proud of the work I do, and I hope others are too.

Worked for Monster Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!