Monster Worldwide

Monster Worldwide Reviews in United Kingdom

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Monster Worldwide Chairman, President, and CEO Sal Iannuzzi

Sal Iannuzzi

Pros
  • Work-life balance is good - no need to take work home at high(in 25 reviews)

• Good benefits, free soda, and they bring in lunch at end of months and quarters(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management has lost focus - more concerened with tracking metrics then actual selling(in 17 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't act on problems(in 13 reviews)

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Still a great place to be - ever changing

ProsThere is something that keeps you at Monster, its always changing moving and gets better and better. With the new strategy that it is looking at moving to, they will once again be the leader in the market place.

ConsSometimes we miss opportunists to grow in the right direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep driving the business forward as the guys on the floor will make it happen!

Hurrendous, awful, soul destroying, terrible, unorganised

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsThere are no pros at all

ConsIt was said to me on my first day by reception 'I wonder how long you will last'. When I asked them what they meant, they stated Monster had a reputation for just getting rid of people. I brushed this off and thought nothing of it. Until now.
    Monster have got rid of so many people (illegally may I add).
    They treat their employees like rubbish.
    There is no way of moving up in the company.
    HR department are corrupt.
    Management don't have a clue, it's almost embarassing.
    If you have a voice they will find a way to force you out.
    If you are sick they do not support you in any way, they actually threaten you with the prospect of losing your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorrect all of the above

Interview

Prossalary is great and was helpful for the summer

Consnone I really enjoyed the time I spend there

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High and low in a changing environnement, all actions are driven by sales

ProsGlobal environnement. Flexible hours. Famous company

Consif you are a non sales person, expect lots of frustration... It's all about sales people here.
    Company is restructuring since 2012 and it looks like it's not finished yet
    poor global communication
    too many processes slowing down everyday work

Advice to Senior ManagementRemote people management doesn't work. Allow people to travel and meet colleagues.
    Don't be too conservative and take risks.

Great place to work - Definitely a work to live attitude

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

ProsThe Money is out of this world for what is essentially a telesales job
    People are friendly and supportive
    Excellent incentives

ConsHigh targets I suppose, but they are achievable

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you're doing

Still proud to be a Monster

International (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsInnovative, leader in technology and we have a lot of our employees who have a minimum of 5 years will the company

ConsLike all companies at the moment it's the economy

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your long term staff they have been with you through the good and bad

Monster UK

Sales Manager (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsA great place to work. Hard work but very rewarding. Lots of career opportunities and loads of incentives.

ConsVery hard sell culture, and things change very quickly in a .com company. Lots of competition in the UK market.

productive and engaging

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Prosmonster are a forward thinking company who reward well for hard work and are constantly looking to improve upon their place in the market.

ConsI feel that although there is a very big company policy on team work there could be a greater emphasis put on actually building relationships between teams and departments within monster. there seems to be a lot of people/departments that dont mix with each other.

Advice to Senior Managementencourage more friendlyness and welcomining within the office

i enjoy it, it's a good place to work most of the time

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

ProsDynamic
    Friendly environment
    Always changing and new things to get your teeth into
    Fast paced environment and a lot of nice people

ConsConsistancy
    Lack of confidence by management
    For all the good people there are some bad which is a shame
    Unneccessary refocus and shift of priorities without consultation or explanation

Advice to Senior Managementcommunicate and let people know what is going on, the end goal and how to achieve it

Fun but really high paced

Business Development Manager (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsIts a fun place to work, most of the offices are nice in great parts of town (particularly London). The teams are normally young and good fun with lots of social events etc. There can be a reasonably high staff turnover in certain places but this is not different for any other staffing firm

ConsIn a word pressure, particularly in sales. You have to perform, produce your number, or you will be out. This is relentless and it encourages a high degree of gaming within the teams, People will play politics as much as work hard to ensure they maintain their position, get the deals that 'fall into their lap' etc etc. That said its no different from any other high risk high gain culture but you can only do it for so long

Advice to Senior ManagementMore mobility for staff, more fluidity, hiring generalists and using them effectively

Worked for Monster Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!