Montage Hotels & Resorts Reviews

CEO

1. cook

Former Employee - Cook III in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Cook III in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Montage Hotels & Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the people including management were awesome,everyone went out of their way to make me feel at home and welcome.it was a seasonal job but i would go back anytime

Cons

if you dont get there before the season starts, you will have a hard time finding a place to live,and without a car or transportation ,using local bus service you will be in for long 10 and 12 hour days for a normal 8 hour shift

Advice to Management

it seems one of the few company resorts that are doing it right,from main guy all the way to the bottom,all care about their guests and clients

2. Great culture and amazing people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kapalua, HI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kapalua, HI

I have been working at Montage Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, beautiful property, good resources and training, good pay (not quite sure what to compare it too in regards to competition)

Cons

Lack of communication in some areas, negative attitudes from some associates, could offer higher pay.

Advice to Management

Please keep your eyes open to those associates who work hard and see if there is room for advancement and listen to what they have to say.

3. Mosaic Hostess

Current Employee - Mosaic Host in Laguna Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Mosaic Host in Laguna Beach, CA

I have been working at Montage Hotels & Resorts part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Montage is a fantastic company to work for. I often had interactions with executives of the company, who were always friendly and supportive. I received constructive feedback on how perform better from my supervisors and manager. The people at Montage are all very kind and fun to work with. It is also an absolutely beautiful place to work and they provide meals for their staff. Montage also does a lot to give back to the community.

Cons

With any customer service job there can be some difficult guests at times. But they train you well to handle these situations and those with more experience are willing to help at a moments notice. During the summer season it can get extremely hectic and guests can get very upset, especially when we run out of chairs at the pool or beach. This resulted in me being yelled at and even cursed at by extremely upset guests. This job will also really take over your life. It is very tiring and while they do their best to respect requested days off, scheduling can be somewhat unpredictable and you will probably do some overtime.

Advice to Management

I would make sure there are enough resources available to accommodate the number of guests staying at the resort. This means more pool, spa, and beach chairs and umbrellas.

Associates

Former Employee - Associate in Beverly Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Associate in Beverly Hills, CA

Pros

Good benefits, lunch, uniform, co-workers friendly, luxury hotel

Cons

No raise, no bonus, no holiday pay, dirty uniform,inexperienced manager, memorize 6 pages hotel info to take a mandatory yearly test.

Advice to Management

Train them to work and inspire

6. Marketing Associate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Montage Hotels & Resorts (More than a year)

Pros

- Growing company - Significant learning and development opportunities - Excellent benefits - Upward mobility - High employee engagement

Cons

None that I have seen.

7. Unsupportive management and human resources.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Montage Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Over all great people to work with. Lots of growth and potential. They are open to training and give plenty of opportunity for learning and development.

Cons

Human resources did not support employees' concerns with management and training. High turn over due to lack of support.

Advice to Management

Management training for upper levels would be effective in managing younger, new employees.

If you like being lied to constantly, this alleged "5-star" property is the place for you.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laguna Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laguna Beach, CA

I have been working at Montage Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, benefits offered for full time employees

Cons

Cog-in-the wheel mentality, management doesn't care about developing talent within the company, obsessed with the bottom line, they act like we're going out of business when the hotel is making millions (sometimes tens of millions) dollars per month.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the people who are actually doing the work and not the ones who are stroaking your ego! Stop lying to people, if there aren't opportunities for them then don't pretend like there are, honesty goes a long way and is in line with the supposed "values" of the company!

9. Typical Resort Job

Pros

Great location, great team, job is easy/fun to make the guests happy

Cons

Just an entry job working at a resort

10. Amazing place to work! By far the best training a company can offer!

I worked at Montage Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's an amazing place to gain exemplary customer service skills! The best!

Cons

Substandard compensation. You delivery high end results, but don't get paid for it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work by continuing to focus on the staff training! It's an amazing place to work and to stay!

11. Great place to work

Pros

Meet nice people and eat great food

Cons

there are no cons that I know of

Advice to Management

keep it real and ya pretty much it.

RSS Feed </> Embed