Montgomery College

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

student aid

Prosgreat staffs to work with

Consnot much, where I worked was great

Great learning and working environment

Student Ambassador (Former Employee) Germantown, MD

ProsThe work done made me feel like I was making a difference.

ConsThere needs to be more emphasis on transferring, and letting young people know that they can go even further.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps more renovations towards the student life aspect at the Germantown campus, should be considered.

My experience as a student at Montgomery College was great.

Student Majoring In Cyber Security (Former Employee) Germantown, MD

ProsI like the programs they offer to students there and the availability to help.

ConsI would love Montgomery College to propose more internship program to their students.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Family

Campus Security (Current Employee) Germantown, MD

ProsThe working conditions are by far the best. There I a real sense of family here.
    The benefits are tremendous, healthcare, dental, retirement, educational.
    The pay is great. They consider your experience and they encourage you to broaden your education as well by providing assistance after your 2 year degree is complete (which is paid for 100% for you and your immediate family or domestic partner to use)

ConsWondering wishing you worked here sooner, haha but seriously there are very little “cons” no employer is perfect but this place is strives for protection.
    The only con I can think of right off the top of my head would be if you work shift work as I currently do, you may have a conflict with work scheduling and classroom scheduling, but this is very rare.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Well supported even as just a part-time employee

Lecturer (Former Employee) Rockville, MD

ProsExcellent pay; genuine concern from administration; employees are valued and appreciated

ConsNone - it was better than I could have hoped for in all aspects.

Good Experience

Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) Takoma Park, MD

ProsI was a student employee, so I had a very flexible schedule. Additionally, one really good and exciting thing about working in that kind of environment is the easy access to professors.

ConsA better salary or incentives will make that job a perfect one for students.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management is impeccable; however, the need of more Tutors in Statistics is crucial.

Students are fine but administration does not offer equal pay, security or benefits.

Adjunct (Current Employee)

ProsSmall pay. Good for entry level graduates seeking experience.

ConsLack of appreciation, dignity, security or benefits for adjuncts. Older adjuncts are let go on
    trivial grounds since ageism is illegal.

Very good educational institute with excellent management.

Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) Germantown, MD

ProsUp-to-date facilities and equipment to assist in teaching
    Clean and well managed facilities
    Very good support from administrative staff
    Onsite facilities and equipment provided for part-time teaching staff

ConsVehicle traffic management in the morning needs improvement.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up-to-date in all the technologies for teaching

One of the best community colleges

Associate Professor (Current Employee) Germantown, MD

ProsThe College is growing and expanding rapidly, there is a good rapport with the community, management is fairly progressive and proactive, and there is a good benefits package.

ConsStudent-focused environment seems to promote an atmosphere of student privilege, and students try to take advantage of their perceived position of privilege and treat the faculty like servants.

Advice to Senior ManagementOf course we are all student-focused at MC; that is why we work at the community college. Downplay the student-centric theme and elevate respect for faculty as a core value.

Great flexibility and benefits but low employee morale

ProsThe College provides great flexibility and benefits like tuition waiver, EAP funds for graduate studies, and a great wellness program. The leave benefits are also generous.

ConsCommunication flow can be improved. The College is going through a lot of changes, but the information is not disseminated to the right department and/or people at the right time. Training in the departments is also lacking. There was no formal training in my department when I started. It was sink or swim and hope you don't make a terrible mistake. There must be a cultural shift going on because since I started, a lot of employees started retiring or leaving the College.

Advice to Senior ManagementBoost employee morale

Worked for Montgomery College? Contribute to the Community!