Montgomery Inn

Excellent!

Former Employee - Server  in  South Fort Mitchell, KY
    Former Employee - Server in South Fort Mitchell, KY

I worked at Montgomery Inn part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I loved the atmosphere and the people I got to meet everyday at my job. I had some of the best coworkers in the world.

Cons

Long hours, have to be on your feet the whole shift (typical for the industry, obviously). We were always extremely busy, which was a great thing - but it was exhausting!

Keep taking care of your employees the way you do. I always felt like the management cared about us with the preshift meal they provided every day!

Great family company

I worked at Montgomery Inn

Pros

employees are easy to work with, managers are phenomenal, the food is great, a great location, customers are better than many places

Cons

when it is slow, it is SLOW. when it is busy, it is BUSY. it is very apparent when it is the lunch and dinner rush and in between you won't get too much business.

Typical Serving Job

Former Employee - Server  in  Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Server in Dublin, OH

I worked at Montgomery Inn

Pros

Pricey menu helped make higher tips for you
    Ability to wait on large parties helped bring in higher checks
    Brand name was commonly known to people from Cincinnati region

Cons

Better marketing/ use of promoting restaurant by top management
    Poor market targeting when the restaurant first opened, lost a lot of customers
    Sometimes the high-priced menu worked against you
    First General Manager in Dublin was terrible and ruined the initial entry to the marketplace

Better job hiring the "right" employees for the atmosphere the restaurant is trying to achieve
    Benefits plan is pretty horrible
    A $50 Christmas bonus that is TAXED is a joke

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good money when busy, if you need time off no ability to cover the shift unless someone else isn't working.

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Montgomery Inn

Pros

pay is good when busy...but often may work shifts where you wait on one or two tables and make a whopping 10 dollars if you are lucky

Cons

vacation for servers is paid at less than minimum wage, time off if not on regularly scheduled shift is close to impossible to cover, unequal treatment of who gets large parties or good sections

schedules need work...by having a set schedule yet when someone needs one day off that has been there over a year, there should be some way to cover that....good luck in keeping going it's going to be hard

Worked for Montgomery Inn? Contribute to the Community!