Monumental Life

www.monlife.com

Monumental Life Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2014
Monumental Life – US – “A typical image of the office”

Monumental Life President and CEO Henry G. Hagan

Henry G. Hagan

Sales & Service for Debit Insurance Company

Insurance Sales (Former Employee) Plant City, FL

ProsGreat People to work with

ConsDebit Insurance is a dying business

Very good place to work if you have no personal life or want any time to do personal things.

Insurance Agent (Current Employee) Mount Sterling, KY

ProsThe chance for advancement and to make money is unlimited. They will help you succeed any way they can. The training is second to none.

ConsYou are on call at all times, they call early 7:30 am and late 11pm every day of the week except sundays. You cant ask for a day off or you are given the third degree about missing out on sales and made to feel like you dont care about your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am a very motivated person and i understand that some people need to be pushed and that they lie about working and what they are doing, but some of us dont need to be "bird dogged" or baby sat, its degrading and demeaning. I feel like im on call all the time, i signed on to be available to my clients at any and all times but this 24/7 thing that you think you can call and i MUST answer the phone is b.s.

My experience with Monumental Life was great, the benefits spoiled me!

Insurance Agent (Current Employee) Livingston, TN

ProsExcellent benefits, flexibility, great management, excellent pay (even during the beginning months)

ConsPay could be great but it all depended on your previous 3 months' sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementMentor, mentor, metor!!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It gave me the ability to change my familys way of life, and I took full advantage of it.

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Mount Sterling, KY

ProsThe ability to plan my own scheduel. By helping my customers I help my family at the same time.

ConsThe ability to plan my own scheduel. If I don't plan I am not productive.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe have to recruit, and treat our agents good. Without our sales people in the field we can not operate.

Monumental Life good place to work (AEGON)

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsIn the institutional marketing area where I work the atmosphere is professional yet friendly. The work is challenging and rewarding.

ConsVery difficult to get promotions in the finance and accounting area. Senior level in department is comparable to team lead or department head at most other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave uniform standards and expectations accross all divisions and departments. Need to stop being so risk adverse and missing opportunities for growth.

past agent review

Insurance Agent (Current Employee)

ProsIt's really nice just driving around servicing existing clients, very nice exit interview.

Consyou service them because they're too lazy to mail the check in. They pay in change. They don't really want the insurance that much. If they cared about it, they would mail it in like their rent.

Advice to Senior Managementcome up with a way to really motivate the agents that their product is unique from other ones.

Not a bad position.... for a sales job.

Insurance Agent (Former Employee) Waynesboro, VA

ProsFlexible Schedule - You can work as many or as few hours as you would like as long as you meet mimumum sales goals. You are not expected or pressured to work weekends/holidays. Benefits Package is above average: Health/Dental/Vision, 401k, Pension Plan, Stock Options. Advancement is possible if willing to relocate. You are given a book of business which pays service commissions immediately (essentially acting as a salary).... though it's not enough to live off without generating your own sales, it's better than what most insurance companies offer to start. Mileage is an itemizable tax deduction.

ConsIt's a Sales Position!! Meeting weekly/monthly goals can be stressful. If you're expecting a six-figure income, it's not likely... $35,000/1st year, $40,000/2nd year is more reallistic.... and that doesn't factor in your gas/car expenses. Expect to work nights! Warm-calls are not much better than cold-calls... you need thick skin. Expect to put some miles on your own car.... In two years I put 60,000 miles on my vehicle and that was strictly work miles.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the client's best interest the focus rather than the sales numbers!! In the two years I worked for Monumental, I saw a shift from focus on the client to more of a focus on the numbers/sales goals. Agent's compensation went up through consolidation at the expense of the services provided. Not a recipe for long-term success.

Monumental - good and bad

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsAgents service an existing customer base (renewals are paid as base salary). It is relatively easy to earn a promotion - there is a lack of competent sales managers and/or district managers. Openings are frequent at the sales manager level. Easy-to-do job: the agents are selling policies to an unsophisticated, uneducated clientele for their own, immediate financial gain.

ConsPressure for results at any cost. Lack of respect for the agents. Agents have to collect premiums in dangerous areas. Charges for lapses on policies written many years ago. Unethical behavior is sometimes tolerated.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote competent, energetic, educated, and motivated employees. Get rid off the "experienced", unprofessional, and forceful managers. Respect people!

Good Company at a Crossroads

Office Administrator (Former Employee) Bowling Green, KY

ProsBenefits, good rapport with our office. The history of the company.

ConsThe company, like many others is changing, and with the changes comes insecurity about jobs. It's trying to be a leaner company, with a larger volume of sales which is quickly taking it away from the incredible and personal customer service that made it both a great company to work for and to do business with. From there is going into a generic 1-800 number type insurance company, that while still providing a great insurance product is very cookie-cutter.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo you want a large gross margin of profit and an excellent reputation that took 100 years to build or do you want to be AIG?

intersted 2 job in monumental life....

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Bareilly (India)

Prosto get the experience in life

Consfeel better to job under the management

Advice to Senior Managementbe storng

Worked for Monumental Life? Contribute to the Community!