Moo Print Limited Reviews

3.7
Moo Print Limited CEO Richard Moross
Richard Moross

1. Great culture

Current Employee - Marketing in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketing in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Moo Print Limited full-time

Pros

Great culture Smart people Global but still small

Cons

Old offices in London with no air-con or heater Politics Difficult to advance in your career

Advice to Management

Share more often your vision Understand that who is presenting the work doesn't necessarily is who has done it

2. good place to work

Former Employee - Software Developer in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in London, England (UK)

I worked at Moo Print Limited (Less than a year)

Pros

fun loving workplace, in london,

Cons

no growth, small firm,

3. Very good company to work for

I worked at Moo Print Limited

Pros

Worked with some very nice people Good benefits

Cons

Doing activities which are frequent and repetitive.

5. Slick onboarding and fantastic learning culture

Current Employee - Experience Designer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Experience Designer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Moo Print Limited full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The convivial and slick onboarding experience, from interview-stage to being hired and settling-in, was extremely well designed; I felt like an effective part of the team within the first couple of weeks of joining. In my previous experience, this takes a couple of months. The Function, product Crews and wider teams, including HR, all helped onboarding to the product, the brand, the culture and the people and now, one month in, I feel really excited about helping to build the brand and grow as a UX practitioner.

Cons

None yet. I'm really happy here.

6. Its been a breathe of fresh air...

I have been working at Moo Print Limited full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked in print before but I have been so impressed by how friendly colleagues have been and I have never had such an enjoyable working environment in such a good location. We have a compassionate HR department who help to provide a great work / life balance which results in a productive and passionate attitude to work.

Cons

I can only really see one down side at the moment and it is probably a reflection on my fitness more than anything, but there are too many stairs.

A great place to achieve

I have been working at Moo Print Limited full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity if you want to grab it Smart people, nicest I have experienced in office of this size and growth Feeling of involvement from day 1 Great management who want your opinions and ideas Exciting to be a part of something that is growing and expanding Feels like there is a lot of room for growth (if you want to go after it)

Cons

I really don't have any! That said, there is a lot to do, so its ideal if you like being busy.

Advice to Management

Keep taking the time to hire the right people for roles at MOO. It stands out in the quality of talent, and makes for a nice balance of nice/ smart.

Fake Friendly

Current Employee - Designer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Designer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Moo Print Limited full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really great studio space with good equipment. Lots of food and goodies. The team lunches each week are great. There's very few late nights and no real pressure or deadlines. It's a very quiet environment. Easy to get by if you aren't interested in working very hard and want to coast. There are some brilliant people working here with lots of potential who stay because of the benefits like free printing and work on our own projects because it's not a taxing day. The Graphics team get to do some good self initiated work, we have it quite easy. We have lots of out of office events and trips which is brilliant. It can be really fun. Unless you're looking for mentors this is a cool place for juniors and midweights to have a good name on your cv. There are a couple of really decent prolific names here who are worth working with (just don't expect them to be here long).

Cons

You won't get any good work for your portfolio working in "experience design". When i started I thought I was coming to a "tech" company. There are very few highly skilled people working in any tech teams, as friendly as some are, we've not seen any good updates for years and there's been a slurry of talented people leaving because they can't produce anything decent working under the management who seem scared of change. There's a huge push for hiring new people but the structure in teams here is very weak. I've had the pleasure of doing good work with great people but it's not really the same through out the company which is a shame. There really is no progression either. Middle management were just wiped out. There is no mentorship here for any other teams except dev who have a great leadership. It's such a shame some new hires have lasted such a short time. The turn over is really high./ It's probably the politics in management and people who get close to that level. There's lots of unsettled rumblings. In all honesty it's not the worst place you could work but don't believe the hype generated by a few to keep the facade up.

Advice to Management

We need a better leadership team who have the ability and skill to lead over all, and not rule with intimidation and fake friendliness. Treat the younger members of teams better and use their potential. Coordinated training would be really useful. There are a lot of committed staff here who want to do great work, don't let us down.

An awful experience, such a shame

Former Employee - Design in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Design in London, England (UK)

I worked at Moo Print Limited full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brilliant office facilities. Great potential. Good reputation. Some talented young employees.

Cons

Horrific management. Severe lack of skills in design and tech department. Poor education and training. The worst politics I've ever seen. Aggressive negative atmosphere. Archaic management style. Poor structure. No process or support. Generally a very difficult place to do good work despite such potential.

Advice to Management

The huge exodus of talented employees should be a warning sign. The management are lacking the skills they need to empower and enthuse the teams. All good work and ideas are quashed and treated with contempt, it's an awful atmosphere for a company with a 'start-up' feel. Such a shame. So much potential to be a leader in the field.

Unique culture and great colleagues

I worked at Moo Print Limited

Pros

Nice environment, a lot of socialising, flexible hours (to an extend), fantastic products, smart colleagues and management, great location.

Cons

Growing too fast, promotions are rare, money is average.

Advice to Management

Try to keep the big family feel, reward hard-working employees before they decide to leave.

RSS Feed </> Embed