Moody's Analytics

Updated November 24, 2014
3.2

Moody's Analytics President Mark Almeida
Mark Almeida

Pros
  • Work life balance is there, very few people remain in the office after 7pm (in 20 reviews)

• nice people, good technology, intelligent coworkers (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • the company is under-staffed, which make the work-life balance hard to reach (in 5 reviews)

• career development, salary, long hours (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

research intern

Current Employee - Research in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Research in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Moody's Analytics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People are nice, and life styles is good. The working hours is acceptable, and the working pace is about right. There is not too much pressure.

Cons

Sometimes the work is a little bit trivial and boring. There is not too much motivation since the bonus is about fixed and not striking. The turnover rate is high.

give employee more motivation by providing more chance to get more bonus

Great workplace

Current Employee - Product Management in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Moody's Analytics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

it is a good work environment, rich and multicultural, that rewards skill and merit, it offers flexibility when needed. there is always new projects to keep the job interesting and challenging

Cons

the company is under-staffed, which make the work-life balance hard to reach. there is always too many things to do, it's ok when the compensation is following; compensation is fair but not great.

Invest on committed resources. encourage personal growth

Contract lecturer position

Current Employee - Contract Lecturer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Contract Lecturer in New York, NY

I have been working at Moody's Analytics as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Part time, design own curriculum, know schedule a year in advance

Cons

understaffed support staff, have never had anyone from MA review my course materials for accuracy or otherwise, totally on your own, cheap with travel arrangements. Senior management is based in London, rather than NYC.

more feedback and completed on a regular basis.
    increase to daily rate
    more paid development time for revisions to class materials

Decent place to start career

Current Employee - Assistant Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Moody's Analytics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My colleagues have strong knowledge and experience. Great work-life balance. Good group discussions and knowledge sharing.

Cons

Many of their products are showing very little customer growth. There are too many short-term projects. Long term vision is lacking.

Data Operations Associate

I worked at Moody's Analytics

Pros

Flexibility - a lot of responsibilities - good start -

Cons

No good benefits - not enough people to do the woek

Political and Uptight

Current Employee - Assistant Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Moody's Analytics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, including 6% 401K match and working from home is something that is do-able here. As long as you get your work done, face time is not important. Generally work life is good, except for occasional extremes.

Cons

COMP IS BAD! Understaffed so occasionally an work long hours. It is also a man's world culture a bit, and climbing up the ladder is a very political game of getting yourself known to the right people since it is such a huge organization. People stay within their own respective business groups and do not intermingle much.

Please create more opportunities for women and make a culture that is less wall street since we certainly don't get paid like wall street

Senior Software Engineer

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Moody's Analytics

Pros

Great benefits, management is great. I report to a senior engineering manager who always support his direct reports. He is willing to spend extra hours to ensure our project went through without any issues. He gets his hands dirty even with a simple thing. He is a hands down top coder among his peers and will not back out of anything. It is not easy to find such "complete package" manager here. Engineering department is pretty awesome. We are led by a seasoned software engineer, my boss' boss. She is a great leader and willing to listen to her employees and lay out a great vision for the team. If you are in engineering department, you are in pretty good shape.

Cons

Technology is obsolete. Platform team is trying to keep up with latest stack but they seem to stick with old approach. Not sure why. The technology that is quite popular now won't be available (if we are lucky) until later in a year or two. It is quite interesting. On the other hand, some of the engineering teams find the opportunity with the latest technology as it meets business requirements and without any hesitation apply the technology.

There are many great engineers in our company who can be managers and great in leading teams. Please continue to promote within.

Align the platform infrastructure team to the engineering department so that we all speak same 'language'.

Not suitable for bay area tech engineers

I have been working at Moody's Analytics as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good place if you are not looking for anything extra ordinary to do / do exemplary work and just want to go to work, come back and do the minimum required to keep going. Work 9-5 with breaks and laze around.

Cons

The manager I work for is a control freak and has only submissive people working under her. Ok for employees since not much work pressure. Clear delineation between employees and contractors.
    No fun and no perks... like nothing more than coffee / soda is free.

Make work place a more fun place to be. Attract diverse & talented people

Its a good company but not safe on long run

Former Employee - QA Lead in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - QA Lead in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Moody's Analytics as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Its definately good place to work if you want to learn how extensive these companies analyze data to predicts risks and other calculations.

Cons

I was looking for a job and got excited about job at moody's as they definately got good name. They dont have enough money to keep their projects going as they depend on small orders from mostly major banks.

Environment

I have been working at Moody's Analytics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work life balance and flexibility.

Cons

Too much changes and noise. Every fool can see there a problem but no one is giving a solution. Everyone just want to add some noise.

Look at the cons. Be presence and show that you care instead of sending people from down to make changes that don't work.