Moog

www.moog.com

Moog Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Moog – India – “Moog India”

Moog CEO John Scannell

John Scannell

Challenging roles . Lots of avenues for personal growth provided you take initiative

Process Engineer (Former Employee) East Aurora, NY

ProsLot to learn, helpful staff always willing to take time to explain processes. Culture shift towards Lean thinking on the manufacturing front is a positive change

ConsSometimes takes too long to gather information from various departments

Advice to Senior ManagementCross-functional project teams will help get diverse perspective on projects

PM

ProsGreat peers and boss. Really in tune with what is happening in the factory.

ConsA little boring. Would be better if there was more work to be spread around. Certain people just good off most of the day...

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. They are doing all that they can for he employees and for additional work.

Internship experience was a little dry

Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsGood culture, good benefits, lots of groups to try out potentially, nice small cafeteria with discounted food. Positive people. Office and manufacturing located together, facilitating communication.

ConsNot much to do as an intern. Kind of boring as an engineer, unless you have a significant role, resulting in more frequent trips to the manufacturing workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementInterns need more guidance. Put them on projects. Be pro-active. It's important to foster motivation in potential entry-levels so you can build the company from the bottom to the top.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Modelmaker

Model Maker (Former Employee) East Aurora, NY

ProsPay is excellent, working conditions are immaculate, management is very knowledgable and always willing to assist you. Their product line is Aerospace products, industrial products, and Space and Defense. They are a Fortune 500 company and growing. Health benefits are very good, 401K contributor. Highly recognized in the Aerospace Industry

ConsI cannot see any at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this time, they are doing just fine as an Aerospace Company

A RUDE WASTE OF TIME

Engineering Technician (Former Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsThe only positive here is I dodged a bullet if this company lack of basic professional courtesy is indicative of how they run things.

ConsJust a heads up to anyone interviewing for this company. Was given a interview for a open position at the Torrance Facility. I was employed at the time with another company for ten years performing the same duties that MOOG requested in their Ad. Thought I would advance my career so I accepted the interview and took a half day off from work. The interview consisted of 5 interviewers and lasted 4 hours. Really it lasted a total of 5 hours since they forgot about my interview appointment and I had to wait around for a hour for people to become available. I thought it went well and was told I would get a response back. Two weeks passed and not a single word from MOOG either way about the interview, the interview was 2mths ago btw. Now I have no problem being told I was not a fit for the position, what I have a problem with is investing so much of my time being 5 hours and half a day pay and not hearing any word from MOOG about the outcome. If someone physically takes the time to interview for you it's not asking much for him/her to hear back from you. If this is a indication of how they treat people I dodged a bullet with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to treat people with respect and learn some basic human courtesy.

Fun Engineering Job

Test Engineer (Former Employee) West Valley City, UT

ProsOne of the best paying internships I could find.
    Plenty of training opportunities where needed, and everyone was willing to help answer questions.
    Spent a good amount of time sitting at my desk, and going out to the lab to test things and build test stands. Good balance between desk and lab work.
    Discounts on local events and go-karting activities, SLCO corporate games, company picnic, etc.
    Relaxed but professional working environment.

ConsEveryone uses exclusively acronyms. The first couple team meetings we had I was completely lost because of all the acronyms being used. You get the hang of it though after a month or two.

Interesting work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe mission statement is very nice. The people in human resources were approachable. This company is amongst the best companies I have worked for and there are few of those, unfortunately. The work was interesting and I was never bored.

ConsThe pay was a bit low for my occupation, but I could easily understand that. It was, however, a wage I could survive on and put money in the bank with.

Advice to Senior ManagementI can't think of anything. I had a great supervisor, though, that was an expert in his field. That was helpful in learning my job.

Volatile Work Environment

Process Manager (Current Employee)

ProsSalary is very competitive. Great long-term employee base.

ConsEmployee morale is at an all time low and top management doesn't seem to care or want to address. Number of employees departing is at an all time high and no one is bothering to find out why. Senior management has a level of arrogance that is beyond comprehension. Many new managers aren't even U.S. Citizens and they are taking over key positions with little or no regard for local talent or high unemployment rate in WNY.

Advice to Senior ManagementRefocus on finding a solution to the high degree of departing employees.

STAY AWAY FROM MOOG NDUSTRIAL

Machinist (Current Employee) East Aurora, NY

ProsThe only good thing about this place is that you get to go home..

ConsThis place was the worst. It was literally like the wizard of OZ. Every morning I would close my eyes then tap my steel toe boots together and say there is no place like MOOG but when i opened eyes I was still living the nightmare trying to escape the prejudice of the wicked witch whom walked up and down the yellow tile floors of MOOG searching for minorities to fire or any one who might exploit the fact that there are a innumerous "C" students working at MOOG. There is a myth that says ,"if stand on the roof of MOOG INDUSTRIAL that you would be able to see RUSSIA". My point is if you think Sarah Palin is smart you will also believe that MOOG management is ingenious.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would give management advice but they wont listen... so its useless.

From rewarding to Challenging

Program Manager (Current Employee) Buffalo, NY

ProsTech leader in Aerospace. Excellent working environment. great people to work with. really cares about their customer

Consundergoing growth pains at the moment. seem to be having an identity crisis as to what the company is really all about, Aerospace, medical, industrial, etc.

Advice to Senior Managementmanage diversity and change more effectively

Worked for Moog? Contribute to the Community!