Moog Reviews

Updated September 9, 2014
3.3

Moog CEO John Scannell
John Scannell

A positive work experience.

Former Employee - Product Engineer  in  East Aurora, NY
    Former Employee - Product Engineer in East Aurora, NY

I worked at Moog full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Open work concept. Ability to work out of the box and begin with the end in mind. You are an employee that can create your own work assignments with general structure and details. You feel like you have ownership in the business.

Cons

Difficulty in your attempt to meet the needs of your supervisor. You must manage your managers to make sure you are on the same page.

Check your pulse with your coworkers bimonthly.

Not what I signed up for

Current Employee - Assembler/Technician  in  East Aurora, NY
    Current Employee - Assembler/Technician in East Aurora, NY

I have been working at Moog as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

The salary is good and that's it.

Cons

They preach a culture of "mutual trust and respect" but that couldn't be farther from the truth. What you know is much less important than who you know and how much butt you're willing to kiss. If you are a good worker who has enough integrity to not want to play the Moog game you will never advance. Management is extremely weak and spineless. They are more concerned about how many notches that they can put in their belt than they are with improving things.

Hire and promote people based on merit. Practice the "Moog culture" that you preach. Have enough integrity to LEAD and not find the need to have your ego stroked.

Positive work experience

Former Employee - Product Engineer  in  East Aurora, NY
    Former Employee - Product Engineer in East Aurora, NY

I worked at Moog full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training was highly effective.
    The company gave you the opportunity to grow as assignments were developed by your manager and your self.
    You had ownership into your career.

Cons

You must manage your manager to make sure you are on the same page every month to avoid not being focused on the goals as developed between you and your work groups.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sr. Software Engineer

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Moog full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great environment. Decent pay. Moog is good place to hone skills before moving on. Co-workers are always ready to give a helping hand whenever needed.

Cons

Cost of living increases are very poor. Moving jobs to India, to reduce salaries, is a very high priority. Upper management decisions seem to be based on personal agendas without regard to short or long term consequences. The "Moog culture" is so free form that is has little or no meaning.

Do more than just listen to those in non-management positions and try to bring a level of humanity back to the business. Money and profits are not everything.

Experienced in S & OP, expenditure tracking, experienced and knowledgeable in FAR,DFAR, ITAR clauses.

Former Employee - Senior Contract Administrator  in  Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Contract Administrator in Torrance, CA

I worked at Moog full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are good, and the ability to pursue personal growth is great if people were more aware of the option.

Cons

Moog does not allow tele-commute, nor does it offer 4/10 with alternating days off. Moog should offer more than the 3% annual raise, considering the cost of living is very expensive in Southern California.

Focusing on metrics stagnates Moog's potential growth nationally and abroad.

Challenging roles . Lots of avenues for personal growth provided you take initiative

Former Employee - Process Engineer  in  East Aurora, NY
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in East Aurora, NY

I worked at Moog as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Lot to learn, helpful staff always willing to take time to explain processes. Culture shift towards Lean thinking on the manufacturing front is a positive change

Cons

Sometimes takes too long to gather information from various departments

Cross-functional project teams will help get diverse perspective on projects

PM

I have been working at Moog

Pros

Great peers and boss. Really in tune with what is happening in the factory.

Cons

A little boring. Would be better if there was more work to be spread around. Certain people just good off most of the day...

None. They are doing all that they can for he employees and for additional work.

Modelmaker

Former Employee - Model Maker  in  East Aurora, NY
    Former Employee - Model Maker in East Aurora, NY

I worked at Moog full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay is excellent, working conditions are immaculate, management is very knowledgable and always willing to assist you. Their product line is Aerospace products, industrial products, and Space and Defense. They are a Fortune 500 company and growing. Health benefits are very good, 401K contributor. Highly recognized in the Aerospace Industry

Cons

I cannot see any at this time.

None at this time, they are doing just fine as an Aerospace Company

EEO is BS

I worked at Moog as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Quit and Found a better job
    Great dress code. They can dress like civilians instead of wearing long dresses with pointed cone head made out of white bed linen

Cons

Walking in the door. Equal employment opportunities is for white males only. All minorities should stay away. You will not be hired. I can count the minorities on one hand. Moog looks good on the outside only but once you walk in the doors you can see the racism.

Hire minorities!!!!!

A RUDE WASTE OF TIME

Former Employee - Engineering Technician  in  Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Torrance, CA

I worked at Moog

Pros

The only positive here is I dodged a bullet if this company lack of basic professional courtesy is indicative of how they run things.

Cons

Just a heads up to anyone interviewing for this company. Was given a interview for a open position at the Torrance Facility. I was employed at the time with another company for ten years performing the same duties that MOOG requested in their Ad. Thought I would advance my career so I accepted the interview and took a half day off from work. The interview consisted of 5 interviewers and lasted 4 hours. Really it lasted a total of 5 hours since they forgot about my interview appointment and I had to wait around for a hour for people to become available. I thought it went well and was told I would get a response back. Two weeks passed and not a single word from MOOG either way about the interview, the interview was 2mths ago btw. Now I have no problem being told I was not a fit for the position, what I have a problem with is investing so much of my time being 5 hours and half a day pay and not hearing any word from MOOG about the outcome. If someone physically takes the time to interview for you it's not asking much for him/her to hear back from you. If this is a indication of how they treat people I dodged a bullet with this company.

Learn to treat people with respect and learn some basic human courtesy.

Moog Photos

Moog India

+ Add Photo

Worked for Moog? Contribute to the Community!