Moog Reviews

Updated October 19, 2014
3.3

Moog CEO John Scannell
John Scannell

Pros
  • Good benefits, decent compensation (in 5 reviews)

• Very supportive of a healthy work-life balance (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Employee abuse by upper management (The VP has been witnessed cussing at people in the halls and on his phone (in 3 reviews)

• They preach a culture of "mutual trust and respect" but that couldn't be farther from the truth (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Methods Engineer

Current Employee - Methods Engineer in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Methods Engineer in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Moog full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good work/life balance. Challanging work. Great benefits.

Cons

Limited advancement opportunities for new employees

Be more consistent

Hopefully my last job

Current Employee - Machinist in Elma, NY
    Current Employee - Machinist in Elma, NY

I have been working at Moog full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great coworkers, bosses, atmosphere and attitudes. Hard work is appreciated and rewarded. I admittedly started in the midst of some health and personal problems, and was given dozens of chances to redeem myself. My former employer and employees would have torn me apart, but the "moogers" helped me rebuild my confidence in my skills, and my new position. I am and always will be grateful. Pay and bennies are better than I've ever received doesn't hurt either.

Cons

Only one I personally have is I'm used to doing multiple operations, and seeing my work from start to finish, as I now am doing finishing work as a rule. Lot of pressure if I make a mistake, but bosses aren't looking to pin blame, or embarrass you, unlike my former employer.

From what I've read on this site, maybe acknowledgement of the lesser skilled positions employees, although I am unaware of it's existence.

Ma and Pa shop trying to be a multi-national corporation

Current Employee - Engineer in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Moog full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay and benefits are good.

Cons

The Moog culture is unique and may have worked at one time, but it doesn't any more. It is open to wide spread abuse and there are no controls in place to protect other employees from those who abuse it.

Stop expecting all people to do the right thing. Not everyone thinks that way and the ones who abuse this hurt the ones who try to do the right thing.

A positive work experience.

Former Employee - Product Engineer in East Aurora, NY

I worked at Moog full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Open work concept. Ability to work out of the box and begin with the end in mind. You are an employee that can create your own work assignments with general structure and details. You feel like you have ownership in the business.

Cons

Difficulty in your attempt to meet the needs of your supervisor. You must manage your managers to make sure you are on the same page.

Check your pulse with your coworkers bimonthly.

Not what I signed up for

Current Employee - Assembler/Technician in East Aurora, NY
    Current Employee - Assembler/Technician in East Aurora, NY

I have been working at Moog as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

The salary is good and that's it.

Cons

They preach a culture of "mutual trust and respect" but that couldn't be farther from the truth. What you know is much less important than who you know and how much butt you're willing to kiss. If you are a good worker who has enough integrity to not want to play the Moog game you will never advance. Management is extremely weak and spineless. They are more concerned about how many notches that they can put in their belt than they are with improving things.

Hire and promote people based on merit. Practice the "Moog culture" that you preach. Have enough integrity to LEAD and not find the need to have your ego stroked.

Positive work experience

Former Employee - Product Engineer in East Aurora, NY

I worked at Moog full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training was highly effective.
    The company gave you the opportunity to grow as assignments were developed by your manager and your self.
    You had ownership into your career.

Cons

You must manage your manager to make sure you are on the same page every month to avoid not being focused on the goals as developed between you and your work groups.

Experienced in S & OP, expenditure tracking, experienced and knowledgeable in FAR,DFAR, ITAR clauses.

Former Employee - Senior Contract Administrator in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Contract Administrator in Torrance, CA

I worked at Moog full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are good, and the ability to pursue personal growth is great if people were more aware of the option.

Cons

Moog does not allow tele-commute, nor does it offer 4/10 with alternating days off. Moog should offer more than the 3% annual raise, considering the cost of living is very expensive in Southern California.

Focusing on metrics stagnates Moog's potential growth nationally and abroad.

Sr. Software Engineer

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Moog full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great environment. Decent pay. Moog is good place to hone skills before moving on. Co-workers are always ready to give a helping hand whenever needed.

Cons

Cost of living increases are very poor. Moving jobs to India, to reduce salaries, is a very high priority. Upper management decisions seem to be based on personal agendas without regard to short or long term consequences. The "Moog culture" is so free form that is has little or no meaning.

Do more than just listen to those in non-management positions and try to bring a level of humanity back to the business. Money and profits are not everything.

PM

I have been working at Moog

Pros

Great peers and boss. Really in tune with what is happening in the factory.

Cons

A little boring. Would be better if there was more work to be spread around. Certain people just good off most of the day...

None. They are doing all that they can for he employees and for additional work.

Challenging roles . Lots of avenues for personal growth provided you take initiative

Former Employee - Process Engineer in East Aurora, NY
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in East Aurora, NY

I worked at Moog as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Lot to learn, helpful staff always willing to take time to explain processes. Culture shift towards Lean thinking on the manufacturing front is a positive change

Cons

Sometimes takes too long to gather information from various departments

Cross-functional project teams will help get diverse perspective on projects

Moog Photos