Moorehead Communications

Updated August 19, 2014

2.7

Moorehead Communications President & CEO Scott Moorehead
Scott Moorehead

Pros
  • We have employee appreciation day when the Ceo and bosses serve their employees for lunch and entertain us for the day (in 5 reviews)

• Salary and bonues were extremely generous in upper management positions (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Per upper management "bonuses are supposed to be impossible to reach (in 10 reviews)

• They continuously change the pay structure (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

TCC is truly committed to it's customers and employees. Fast growing, incredible culture. Dedicated to development.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

I have been working at Moorehead Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Worthwhile work by helping develop those around you all while bettering the experience for our customers. Compensation and benefits are pretty solid. You are surrounded by people that are truly passionate about the business and are dedicated to growth and development. You can easily create a rewarding career at TCC if you are focused on your success and those around you.

Cons

I would say work-life balance is an issue but that is self-inflicting due to my addiction to the job. TCC defines the phrase "Work Hard, Play Hard" and at times may have appeared as a Frat Club/Party Bus. It is nice to see things evolving into more of a "Culture of Maturity".

There was a lack of executive level development passed the Regional Manager level. This has been improved with the introduction of the ADP program. Keep working on developing your top talent as well as find new ways to re-recruit all levels of the organization. This can have a profound impact on employee turnover and satisfaction.

A great company! "You get out, what you put in." A very rapidly growing company with a leader who truly cares.

I have been working at Moorehead Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Freedom to prove yourself at every level. Great face time with Executives.. Good benefits, pay, and the cliche', a great opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Cons would be simple. As with the typical company that grows this rapidly, the consistent changes can cause some low moral in specific positions, in this case, the front line.

While transparency is a great advantage, This is only an advantage when used correctly. We promote from within, rapidly, and highlight that. As a great organization, the expectations are pretty much that you will, or should be, promoted within 12-24 months. This should be a "one off" case. As we see people move through the ranks, we lose many who moved to rapidly. A Leadership development ladder, used from the ground up, would be very beneficial.

Great People, fun work, low pay, needs better direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

I have been working at Moorehead Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Majority awesome coworkers, work can be challenging but rewarding, company culture gives to community, my department values family life, and we have a pretty awesome gym.

Cons

Upper management doesn't seem focused, under paid for Carmel area, people get fired with no warning which is terrifying, no department depth for advancement, way to many "bosses" and not enough doers.

As a whole, the entire company needs to focus on getting corporate employees trained to meet the management's expectations. New hires at corporate will flounder and the turn over in a few departments is high.

Show your employees you REALLY value them instead of writing "Thank You" cards that are mandatory, a verbal thank you goes the distance . Accept our ideas and opinions as valid input from subordinates, we work this stuff everyday and have a lot of experience. Stop hiring more Managers and VPs and get us more workers...NOW!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Easy and profitable work. Some shady practices in upper/cooperate management.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I worked at Moorehead Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was lucky to be at a pretty busy location so the money was good for me. Stores are usually fairly small and there a not a whole lot of employees in the store. This makes for a very close knit team.

Cons

Pay between stores is very inconsistent. Sales associates made more or similar pay to managers. Commission structure is changed frequently. They have a Community Give Back Program, but requires stores to ask for a lot of donations from customers.

Fast growing company that gives you the tools and freedom to become successful.

I have been working at Moorehead Communications full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have the freedom to do what I think is best for my territory. The upper management is easy to approach and talk to. Many training opportunities to help myself grow in my role. Numerous opportunities to do good in your community.

Cons

Too slow to let go of weak links sometimes. Growth at times has been too quick leading to some growing pains in operations and communications at times.

Continue to listen to front line sales reps and middle management. Most of them are passionate about the company and initiatives. I know your loyal to your staff, but dont be so slow to let go of the people who don't perform. Create more opportunities for some of the amazing sales reps and store managers throughout the company to shine!

WAS a great company

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Moorehead Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture, freedom to be creative

Cons

When hiring they are not loyal to current employees, most new management

Pick your leaders better and be in touch with your employees

Good Starting Point to Learn Sales Process

Current Employee - Verizon Wireless Sales Associate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Verizon Wireless Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moorehead Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

I do enjoy the people I work with in my store as well as other stores within my area. For the most part everyone works together.

My manager did a great job of honing my sales technique and always gives me tips on how to sell better (and thus make for $$$).

I like my health care coverage.

Cons

Hours

Corporate sets goals that you have to meet to get bonuses. Some of them seem arbitrary and unrealistic. When these goals are questioned (as in asking how the number was decided upon), no response is given. Corporate employees for the most part are difficult to work with (I hear from others who have been with the company longer than I have that it is because they do not have enough corporate employees to assist us well enough at the store level).

Regional managers mean well but are being pushed and pulled in both directions by corporate so they are basically useless to store level employees.

Comission is 15% with a potential additional 4% if you hit goals. However it seems that profit from sales over the time I have been here has gone down substantially thus making it harder to make a living.

I started this job hoping to move up but the next two steps up (which would take at least a couple of years to advance though) make the same or less than a sales person does (which is my current position). As a result, there isn't much reason to want to move up and advancing to a decent pay level is extremely difficult.

Be more accessible to employees or at least to managers and regional managers so they can get answers for salespeople.

Create an environment that encourages lower level employees to work harder and be more committed so that they can move up and increase pay and benefits.

Stores know nothing about the products sold

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lusby, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lusby, MD

I worked at Moorehead Communications

Pros

The only thing is they pay good other than that nothing at all here at tcc verizon locations they suck

Cons

They hire people who have sales experience but no phone experience no device knowledge or info on the plans or rates

Get new managment that are terrible

MISLEAD BY MANAGEMENT

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Moorehead Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

So much potential as a company. At the top it is done right! Great Training ... over the top! 401k w/company participation in plan. Insurance and Aflac. Some great leaders and trainers.

Cons

What begins as good trickles down to the store level and is reinterpreted and micromanaged to DEATH. Store Managers should be able to manage their team, while regionals should manage store managers. Regional manager gutted store by lying to store employees about expectations (we won't fire you over this!). Killed moral, which sent them all looking for other jobs, which killed my paycheck. It all seemed so set up.

What can I say? I'm a store manager and sometimes the guys you allow to be hired have no clue of how to work within the structure you have created. I'm sure you'll survive without a lot of us, but look at how much you would save by not losing those you've trained! When you hire someone who cuts my pay? What do you expect?

awesome company!

I have been working at Moorehead Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

awesome company, great people to work with, definitely people to help you succeed.
    definitely treat their employees like family, also they like to give back to local communities.

Cons

not much room to move up in the company, salary / commission isn't that fair in lower volume stores.
    definitely not a career, more a job.

keep up the good work.

Worked for Moorehead Communications? Contribute to the Community!