Moorehead Communications Reviews

126 reviews filtered by
2.5
Moorehead Communications President & CEO Scott Moorehead
Scott Moorehead

Pros
  • We have employee appreciation day when the Ceo and bosses serve their employees for lunch and entertain us for the day (in 5 reviews)

• Salary and bonues were extremely generous in upper management positions (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Per upper management "bonuses are supposed to be impossible to reach (in 15 reviews)

• Regional Managers get away with everything and lie (in 12 reviews)

1. Sales Consultant

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Depew, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Depew, NY

I have been working at Moorehead Communications full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Competitive environment. Awesome management. Scott Moorehead is really down to earth. Flexible hours with most managers. High volume stores make tons of money.

Cons

Management only cares about their paychecks. Some "requirements" are a little bit ridiculous. Slow stores are slow, and expectations are high.

Advice to Management

Stop demanding that your sales consultants make cold calls every day. Sarcasm has its place, the work environment is not that place.

2. Store Manager - Graham, WA

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Graham, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Graham, WA

I worked at Moorehead Communications

Pros

Good people for the most part. Owner is innovative and very involved in the company. You always know what's going on and changing. Lots of opportunity for rewards and spiffs as well as advancement if you're good at what you do.

Cons

Nothing really bad to say about the company. Maybe a few unrealistic views for slow times and when things aren't going well, management can get a little nasty.

Advice to Management

Keep a chill head. Be respectful and understanding through high selling AND low selling times.

good retail job

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Moorehead Communications

Pros

good work life balance for retail . Nice perks. Decent training.

Cons

Management seemed to change often at all levels. high turnover and mediocre pay make it hard to keep good employees.

Fast paced, very detailed work, but lacking in training and resources.

I have been working at Moorehead Communications

Pros

Fun atmosphere, lots of opportunities to explore phones, tablets, speaker systems and accessories. Employees get a discount and have two opportunities each year to buy items at cost.

Cons

Pay is based on comision and you can get tied up with people who just want to learn how to use their current phone without making any purchases. Training is spotty....some things are not covered and you have to figure it on your own, but if you make a mistake it can cause big problems.

Advice to Management

Make sure your stores have solid, functioning equipment so employees can get the work done. You can't expect high results when the copier/printer is broken, email is down and Internet goes out.

Retail Sales Store Manager

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager

I have been working at Moorehead Communications

Pros

Small company so its easier to communicate with people throughout the company. The company is family own which has great potential, but ultimately very disappointing to work here.

Cons

Not paid enough. The business is super slow with little customers walking in the door. You have to make a lot of phone calls to get customers to come through the doors.

Advice to Management

A lot of hard work to find good talent to work for the company. Managers have to put in long hours to make sure things are ran smoothly.

Service Desk Analysis

Former Contractor - Service Desk Analyst in Carmel, IN
    Former Contractor - Service Desk Analyst in Carmel, IN

I worked at Moorehead Communications as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Fun and Friendly work environment. Flexible working hours. This company is fairly young but is growing. Workout area on-site with personal trainer. Very nice Benefits but on the high side of what comes out of your pocket to pay for them.

Cons

Communication on what is going on. Plans for the future and especially if they involve you. They need to be willing to pay a salary that is at the level of the person they hired or said they were going to hire.

Advice to Management

Whether the person is a full time employee or a contract to hire you need to be upfront and honest with them. People have families and need to know what is in their future. A 6 month contract is better than a 6 month to hire contract when you do not hire them at the end of the 6 months and there is no information told on why they were not hired on. With at least the 6 month contract the person can start to look ahead of time knowing that in 3 weeks their current job will be coming to an end.

Over all solid company

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in York, PA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in York, PA

I have been working at Moorehead Communications

Pros

The earning potential is up to you theres no cap on commissions. Making alot of advancements for the better of the company and employees

Cons

Hours and having to be a babysitter is my only complaint

Among the worst companies I have ever experienced.

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Muncie, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Muncie, IN

I worked at Moorehead Communications

Pros

Decent training department that will get you a good start; especially if completely new to the wireless industry. Sales consultants have reasonable schedules depending upon the location management.

Cons

Horrible management from the regional all the way to the ceo. Be prepared for your quota to change mid month and still being expected to attain the new quotas. Horrible pay, and less than average benefits.

Advice to Management

Steve and Phyllis should take back over the company before Scott and his college buddies run it further into the ground.

A Joke

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Moorehead Communications

Pros

You meet some nice people who are scraping to make a living like you, it's a bonding experience. Getting to help the community with fundraisers is also nice.

Cons

When I first started there it was great. The pay structure was good and it really was a family company. The pay structure changed and the bonus goals kept getting more ridiculous. No matter what you said it was an "excuse". If you wanted a decent check you needed to sell phones that you knew weren't right for the customer or discount phones so you could sell the overpriced accessories. I finally quit and got a part time job so I could see my family more and I make as much as I would be if I still worked there since the bonuses changed and I work less than half the hours I did.

Advice to Management

Work a week or so in someone's shoes - in their store, in broke town, with overpriced things - before you think about firing people.

Its been..okay.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moorehead Communications

Pros

Hm. There are not many but if you're okay making bare minimum pay at five dollars an hour plus 15% commission and decent benefits then this is the place for you.

Cons

Family/work life is almost never there. It becomes hard to seperate days. Pay actually sucks. Should go back to the way it was. Insurance is crazy high. 401k is only matched UP TO 4%. There are too many things to recant honestly.

Advice to Management

Make things the way they were and stop trying to change things thay dont need fixed.

Moorehead Communications Photos